Welcome to the Academy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cppugs

Welcome to the group! This is an excellent site, with a ton of good info and great members! Be sure to check the lessons, you want to have a good foundation when you start training tricks.
Have fun!
Charleen

herco37

Hi everyone. I'm new to your community. I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina, USA. I have a five year old terrier mix who weighs about 30 lbs. Her name is Lucy. I am a widower who has always had a dog. Over the last 20 years I have had 3 dogs (One at a time) I adopted from the local animal shelter all of them have been great. My first one Delci lived 16 1/2 years. My second one I only had two-three years. When my wife died I needed a companion to fill my life, Josie was 12 years old and had Cushings disease. I adopted her because I needed a dog that required a lot of care and attention. She really filled up my life and I spent a lot of time and $ to improve her life. She lived a happy life for almost three years before she died of a stroke. My current dog was a year and a half when I got her. She is happy and healthy and the joy of my life. Thanks for listening.Herco37

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Herco! :welcome: to the Academy!!! :dogsmile: Thanks for sharing your experience with your dogs. They really are our best friends! :dogsmile:

kkting

New Comer

Hi Everbody, I'm Kim from Malaysia.

My Sky is a Rotti and is very playful. He's 1 and a half yrs old. Been for obedience training, looks like but not that obedience, lol.

:msncry::dogtongue:

mateus

Hello!!!! I've just joined in this great website. I hope I can learn a lot of things to teach my dog.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mateus! Glad to see you here at the Academy! Let us know if you have any problems training your dog and we'll do our best to help. :dogsmile:

alihour557

HI, I'm brand new here and probably posting this in the wrong spot! Just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone! I'm really looking forward to finding new things to train my boy!

vireneec

Hi, I am new and hoping this will be a good place for some ideas. My very energetic Westie has overdone it and has injured a rear leg. The vet has ordered ten days of rest in her kennel; I take her out and let her lay next to me in the den as long as she is quiet and still. Does anyone know of any games I can play with her that doesn't require much activity? She already pushes a ball back to me when I roll it to her, but she's bored with that game. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
VC

rickiboo

Lessons learned

Dear Jean, I love your site and am so excited to start training again. I read through all the initial lessons and am so siked. I have never worked with a clicker but heard a lot about them..so off to get one and get started with some basics my pup needs.. such as WAIT. Thank you!:dogsmile:

lotuslily

Hi!

Hi!

My name's Tiffany and I am owned by a 3 year old Siberian Husky - Kiera. We live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and are ecstatic about finding this site (via YouTube!) I own a clicker, but have never used it since we've always lured and rewarded her into doing her tricks..but the lessons on shaping are an excellent find! We're going to try to reintroduce a clicker, try some of the more advanced tricks...and hopefully join in on some of these online competitions! Thanks again for all the great resources!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tiffany!

:welcome: to the Academy! It is always nice to see new husky owners join the Academy - some people always say that huskies are hard to train. LOL.

Out of curiosity, which video did you watch on Youtube? Was it the Onyx Plays Chess? :dogsmile: That was a great video!

lotuslily

I think any breed is difficult to train if you don't put time, effort and patience into it!

I love "Onyx Plays Chess"! What a great video!!! No, actually I was just searching for 'dog tricks' and the academy came up! :)

faith_mtj

Thanks!

Thank you for making this site possible Jean! If you only know how my very once stupid dogs became very matured today. Thanks again!:dogbiggrin::dogbiggrin::msnblushing:

daisylou

Hello everyone, Daisylou here. I just joined and am looking forward to talking to everybody. I have two Boxers, Luke and Daisy. Daisy is very mellow and easy to get along with. Luke sometimes gets an attitude and shows a little aggresivness. I hope to get some opinions on how to handle him better. They are both four years old.

liongold

Hello,
I'm new and I'm training all three of my dogs Schatzie, Rowdy and Little Man. Found this awesome website and it took me about 2 seconds to decide to register for membership!
Thanks,
Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.