Diy Projects!

Discussion in 'Dog Products' started by Dlilly, Oct 9, 2012.

1. 2SpoiledAussies Well-Known Member

Wow, I guess I won't be trying them. Thanks for telling us!
    Dlilly and MaryK like this.

2. southerngirl Honored Member

http://pinterest.com/pin/278730664408096904/

I'm looking for an old umbrella to make this for Missy. She doesn't like the rain, she smells when wet, and it saves me from having to dry her. For a coat patter just use Goolge images. You don't need a sewing machine for this there is only a little bit of sewing involved so you can hand sew it.
    dogcrazy, 2SpoiledAussies and MaryK like this.
  3. MaryK Honored Member

Great idea Southerngirl!(y) Zeus hates the rain, though he does have a good winter coat fully lined etc., he could use a lighter one for warm weather, if and when it ever rains here! Think I've got an old brolly, will have to make this for him.
    southerngirl likes this.
  4. southerngirl Honored Member

Here is Missy's collar and my matching bracelet.
    [IMG] [IMG]
    k9 crazed, Anneke, Dogster and 2 others like this.
  5. MaryK Honored Member

Great work!(y) Love them both!:love: Could be a whole new home business for you, making and selling collars and matching bracelets.
    Dlilly and southerngirl like this.
  6. southerngirl Honored Member

I'm actually thinking about doing that. I made a green and blue one for Chase.
    Dlilly and MaryK like this.
  7. MaryK Honored Member

Go for it Southerngirl. You may want to get a WordPress.org blog - that way you can monetize your blog. The .com doesn't allow that. With the WP.org you can also make your front page 'sticky' like a home/splash page for an ordinary web site.

Or you could use Etsy or eBay but they do charge for sellers. If you need any help, p.m. me, as I'm only too willing to help out if I can:)

Pics please of Chase's ones:D
    Dlilly and southerngirl like this.
  8. 2SpoiledAussies Well-Known Member

I have done this for my dogs. I love them!

The only problem with selling would be if they are popular in your area. In our town, there are literally bracelets at every check out at every store here. But they are super cool!
    MaryK likes this.
  9. MaryK Honored Member

Good point, but selling online maybe a way to go. P & P shouldn't be too high and of course would be included in the cost.
  10. southerngirl Honored Member

I havent seen a lot of dog collar paracords in stores and the few i have were very poor quility. So I think collars might sell I would start by selling one on ebay if it sells ill put two on and o on.
  11. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

Good idea Southerngirl! It looks like you did an awesome job!
    MaryK and southerngirl like this.
  12. 648117 Honored Member

Nice work! (y)
    I'm thinking about making a matching bracelet and collar for agility. The agility collars arn't allowed any tags but I think it would be nice if I made special agility collar for Holly and then wore a matching bracelet myself.
    k9 crazed, MaryK and southerngirl like this.
  13. southerngirl Honored Member

[IMG] [IMG]
    So my brothers were not happy about the lime green. They said it's girly. So I might redo it or I might leave it and they can deal with it. Personally I don't think it's girly. do ya'll?
  14. Dogster Honored Member

Great collars!!! I love them!!! Awesome job!!:D
    MaryK, Mr-Remington and southerngirl like this.
  15. Anneke Honored Member

Nope I love the lime!, But then again... I am a girl:D
    MaryK, Dogster and southerngirl like this.
  16. southerngirl Honored Member

Yeah my brother's have a standard of what is guyish enough for Chase to wear:rolleyes:
    Mr-Remington, MaryK and Anneke like this.
  17. MaryK Honored Member

Same here, love the lime green:love:
    Mr-Remington and southerngirl like this.
  18. LeviTheOutlaw Well-Known Member

I am definitely gonna make the car seat cover listed on that website. What an awesome idea. I think the only thing I would do a little differently is to "quilt" the 2 layers. I think if I don't, the fleece will eventually slide and stretch.

The car seat cover I have no is cheap and I can't wash it. It doesn't even stay in place.

Thanks for posting that Mr-Remington!!!
  19. LeviTheOutlaw Well-Known Member

I like it!! My grandpa had a pale pink dress shirt that he wore and always said Only a real man can wear pink..... Maybe the same goes for lime green. :LOL:
    MaryK, Mr-Remington, Anneke and 2 others like this.
  20. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I'm not handy enough to make my own, but please post pictures if you make one!
    MaryK and Dogster like this.