Diy Projects!

Discussion in 'Dog Products' started by Dlilly, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I really want to make my own lead and collar but I don't have a sewing machine. :( I should as for one for Christmas since I've been wanting to make tons of stuff for Remi. When you guys finish making yours show us some pictures! :)
    Dlilly, MaryK and Dogster like this.

2. MaryK Honored Member

Definitely ask for one for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y):D
  3. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I found some cheap ones under a hundred, so I might be able to pay for it myself. It will be a good investement since you never know when you need one :D By the way I love this thread Dlilly (y)
    MaryK and madeleine like this.
  4. k9 crazed Experienced Member

Here's a link for a parachute cord collar. In case you don't get a sewing machine!
    Another option I saw somewhere is to just do the cord over an existing collar, a good idea also, I think. I'm going to make one(or two) today. I found cool clips with reflectors at Hobby Lobby as well as the cord.
    Dlilly, MaryK, Dogster and 2 others like this.
  5. southerngirl Honored Member

Thanks for the post K9Crazed! I'm going to make Missy a parachute cord collar and I'm going to make myself a matching bracelet. :D
    Dlilly, MaryK and Dogster like this.
  6. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I'm definitely trying the parachute collars. They are so cute. I love your idea southerngirl, I want a matching bracelet too.
    MaryK and southerngirl like this.
  7. MaryK Honored Member

Same here, love your idea Southerngirl, matching bracelet:love:(y) LOL this could be the start of a whole new enterprise, Designer Dog Collars and Leads by D.T.A. Members!:LOL: And receive a free matching bracelet for yourself. Your pooch will be thrilled to know you also wear a 'collar'.
    southerngirl and Dogster like this.
  8. k9 crazed Experienced Member

Can't wait to see all the custom collar works! So this is funny, look what I made! Please excuse Rocket's unenthusiastic demeanor I had just woken him up to try on his collar. It is 20 inches, so I used about 20 feet for his, 7 feet for mine:cool:
    MaryK, Anneke, Dlilly and 3 others like this.
  9. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Going back to the first sweater project, I've made many similar ones for my dogs.. here are some pictures! IMG_7218.jpg IMG_7235.jpg IMG_7242.jpg IMG_7261.jpg

Attached Files:

MaryK, Anneke, Dlilly and 4 others like this.
  10. Dogster Honored Member

GREAT collar, K9 crazed!!!!!!!!!:D

Those sweaters are ADORABLE, Gracegeorgina!!!!!!!!:love: I love them!!!!!
    MaryK and Gracegeorgina like this.
  11. k9 crazed Experienced Member

Very cute sweaters! I love the details.
    MaryK and Gracegeorgina like this.
  12. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I love how the collar came out k9 crazed.

And I thought the sweaters where store bought, they are amazing Gracegeorgina. You've got talent.
    MaryK, Gracegeorgina and Dogster like this.
  13. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Thank you everyone, you're too kind! I just noticed your earlier post Mr-Remington.. I have a john Lewis mini sewing machine and I believe they're only 40£..?
    MaryK likes this.
  14. Squiggle Member

I have a Husvarqna sewing machine. It wasn't cheap, but I've had it for 7 years now and it still works great!

Does anyone else do make your own tugs? I use 4 inch sections of fleece to make these tugs. You can learn how to round braid from this great tutorial:
    MaryK, Dlilly, Dogster and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dogster Honored Member

OMD thanks!!!!:D I've always wanted to know how make that braid!!! I need to get some more fleece... :)
    MaryK likes this.
  16. Dlilly Honored Member

I also really want to make some collars, but I don't have a sewing machine. :( My library is going to let me check one out though! I'll let you know if I find any good deals. My libarian has found someone who is going to teach me how to use a sewing machine, I'm hoping she can also help me pick one out.
    MaryK, Mr-Remington and Dogster like this.
  17. Dlilly Honored Member

Gracegeorgina, those are some amazing sweaters!!
    MaryK, Gracegeorgina and Dogster like this.
  18. Dlilly Honored Member

MaryK and Dogster like this.
  19. Dogster Honored Member

I love that!!!!!!:love: Awesome!!!!:D
    MaryK likes this.
  20. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

You can check out a sewing machine? :eek:That is so cool! I sadly have to buy one, since our libraries dont have them.
    MaryK likes this.