Diy Projects!

2SpoiledAussies

I've been looking into doing fleece leashes. I plan on going to the store and buying some fleece soon. I want to try doing it like people do friendship bracelets, instead of just a braid. That way it will be more durable, and have a pattern. I want to make a thing like one of those friendship bracelet wheels out of cardboard. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I love the frame for the dog bed, but Remi refuses to sleep on a dog bed. He will only sleep on my bed, the couch, or the floor. God forbid I spend $100 on a dog bed. :rolleyes: I would love to see Sara's way of making one since Remi also likes to de-stuff everything he can.

Honored Member
I love the frame for the dog bed, but Remi refuses to sleep on a dog bed. He will only sleep on my bed, the couch, or the floor. God forbid I spend $100 on a dog bed. :rolleyes: I would love to see Sara's way of making one since Remi also likes to de-stuff everything he can.
Holly's the same with de-stuffing things. She will only allow folded up polar fleece blankets to be put in her crate, if we put anything else she will rip it open and remove it from the crate. We have tried three different types of squishy dog beds and she wouldn't accept any, the cat has one of them now, Lewis has another and the third is on the dog bed in the lounge (but has a hole in it) :(, we would like to find something better for her before winter though

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Holly's the same with de-stuffing things. She will only allow folded up polar fleece blankets to be put in her crate, if we put anything else she will rip it open and remove it from the crate. We have tried three different types of squishy dog beds and she wouldn't accept any, the cat has one of them now, Lewis has another and the third is on the dog bed in the lounge (but has a hole in it) :(, we would like to find something better for her before winter though
I got Remi a expensive dog bed when he was 4 months old, and he had a hole in it within 4 hours. I just have fluffy blankets for him now. I wish I could spoil him with nice beds but he doesn't agree with me. :rolleyes:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Shivon likes to sleep on the couch and on my bed. I end up being kicked off the couch when I'm watching T.V. because she decides to s-t-r-e-t-c-h so there's no room left for me!:cautious::rolleyes:

Help us Sara!!!:p
Shivon seems like she'd be a pretty small dog, well at least compared to mine. :p I think most dogs stretch out just to mess with us. Remi will lay across me if I don't move. :LOL:

sara

Staff member
ok. I will put the plans on here for you all... hopefully this weekend (with a pic, if my roommate's home from camp). It was really simple to make, and cost $30 altogether (wood, fabric and screws) I got the stain and lacquer for nothing from work though (and used their saws and drill :) ) I made it big enough for my roommate's dog (100 lb Shepherd x Alaskan Husky) But Oliver has decided it's his and is in it all the time!

2SpoiledAussies

I don't have trouble with my dogs de-stuffing beds (just toys :) ), but Hannah likes to carry them around the house with her. Even though they are bigger than her! And then my parents put them away and don't let them have them, so we can't do that xD

Honored Member
I got Remi a expensive dog bed when he was 4 months old, and he had a hole in it within 4 hours. I just have fluffy blankets for him now. I wish I could spoil him with nice beds but he doesn't agree with me. :rolleyes:
Holly has actually had a break through with her bedding :D. We got Lewis a new crate so that he would have one down stairs for when visitors come to our house (he goes nuts but he sleeps upstairs at night or he will bark so that's where his crate is). So we got Lewis a new one, a wire one that's pretty much the same as Holly's and put one of Holly's rejected pillows in it. Well, Holly decided she rather likes Lewis' crate with a pillow and started to go in their during the day (even though the same pillow is on the lounge bed) and Lewis also decided he wants to sleep down stairs now :rolleyes: dogs :rolleyes:

So yesterday we got a new pillow for Holly (we have a total of three now) and she immediately decided to have a nap in her crate with it and it has now survived the night!
She seems to have decided that she is ready for a "big girl" bed now :X3: and has made a little nest in the middle of it (she used to sleep in the corner in a blanket nest).
Here she is in her "big girl" bed:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Yay! That pillow looks comfy. She was probably thinking that it wasn't fair for him to get a pillow and not her. lol I love how dogs are sometimes.

Hopefully when we get the puppy and we get her a bed that Remi will start to like beds. He gets jelous when other dogs have something and he doesn't. He is so weird, he sleeps on my pillows but not a dog bed. He also sleeps on the large stuff dog that I've had since before I got him. He is super picky. :rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Remi and Ra Kismet must be soul mates!!!!!!!!!!!! Ra Kismet will only sleep on my bed at night, or the sofa or 'his' ottoman during the day. The dog bed was abandoned two nights into him being home with me, I awoke to a 'feather storm' because he used the duvet as his 'comfort blanket' to mouth, he didn't rip it, just mouthed it but what a mess!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Remi and Ra Kismet must be soul mates!!!!!!!!!!!! Ra Kismet will only sleep on my bed at night, or the sofa or 'his' ottoman during the day. The dog bed was abandoned two nights into him being home with me, I awoke to a 'feather storm' because he used the duvet as his 'comfort blanket' to mouth, he didn't rip it, just mouthed it but what a mess!
They do seem to be soul mates. lol Remi loves any kind of stuffing, I don't think I'm willing to even give him something with feathers! I can just imagine the mess he would create.