Where does your dog sleep?

charmedwolf

Staff member
Since I lost Moose, Isis has taken to sleeping with me after two days of no sleep because there wasn't a dog in bed. She sleeps in the space between my legs and the wall. Jinx sleeps with my mom in her king sized bed but refuses to sleep close to her. And Kratos sleeps wherever he wants. He gets up at night to check out the house like Moose did before heading back to find somewhere to sleep mostly the couch.

mewzard

Experienced Member
Oka sleeps in her crate at night. During the day she sleeps anywhere in the living room or kitchen, excluding the sofas. She has a big round plastic dog bed with some micro fleece in that she sleeps in alot.

sara

Staff member
All of my dogs sleep in bed with either me or my Mom... However, naps on couches with 5 dogs has been known to happen! LOL

Yes, Mouse is in my arm pit, underneath Zoe! Annabelle, my sister's westie is in this one too!

lyka_01

i think its better if they have their own bed. so that they know they have their own spot inside the house. for outdoor dogs, have them stay inside a dog house or a cage so that they have cover. provide them with a crate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dog Crates, Pet Crates. 30% OFF & FREE Shipping on Pet Crates and Dog Crates

Jukes

Jukes sleeps downstairs in his dog bed - I prefer the bed to be used for humans only - but whenever I wake up Jukes is waiting just outside the door:eek:
We put a camera on him once and found that he gets up at 6:10 every morning and comes upstairs to wait in silence (weekdays I'm up at 6:20, weekends at 8:30) - he'll wait for the full two hours 20 minutes in absolute silence - weird dog;)

GeorgiPeorgi

Eddie sleeps In his own Crate in the living room :) He loves having his own space on a night, We got him the crate after reading up that Border collies like to have their "own space zone" and a crate was an ideal place for this as it is enclosed and feel safe. So after we bought it we put little Eddie in it (at this time is was in the bedroom with us) and he loved it did not make a peep even at 3 months old! :) Although he does whine at 7:30am every morning If My parnter is not working as hes used to being let out at that time by him, so a bit of lack on the sleeping in side but hes so adorbale I don't mind :D

LeviTheOutlaw

Xena always sleeps in bed as close to me as possible and under the covers. Levi has a dog bed in the bedroom and he alternates between my bed, his dog bed or the floor right next to my side of the bed. I have to be careful getting up in the middle of the night cuz I never know if he is gonna be under my feet and I've stepped on him a couple times... poor Levi.

Anneke

Honored Member
Glad to see we are not the only ones that have dogs in bed:LOL: Cooper has been banished from the bed by Jinx. Well, not banished, but he just does not have enough room to sleep with us. And he gets too warm, so he sleeps either in the livingroom or underneath the desk in the office. Sometimes he will sleep on one of the dogbeds in the bedroom. But he just likes his space;)
Jinx sleeps at the bottom end of the bed or on one of the dogbeds. Now the weather is getting warmer, she spends the night on the floor and as soon as my boyfriend gets up in the morning, she will take his place.
When my alarmclock goes off, I get goodmorning kisses, first from Jinx and most of the time Cooper will come up for a cuddle too.
I love having my dogs close to me.
And it is very natural behaviour as you see dogs in a pack curl up together too;)

LeviTheOutlaw

Thats great!!

Yeah its the same way at my house. My boyfriend is up an hour before me during the week so levi takes his place as soon as he gets up. Then as soon as my alarm goes off thats Levi and Xena's cue to alternate licking my face and chewing my hands. If that doesn't get me up Levi seems to know right where my bladder is and jumps on it... I'm pretty much up after that. lol

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
I have both dogs on the bed (they are pillow hoggers) but when we are out Bella goes in her crate. She was crate trained in about a month. Which was good concidering she's the first dog I've actually had in a crate when we are out

Just lately I'm getting woke up either by Bella hitting me in the face with her snake toy as shess swinging it about or Jenny nudging me awake because she wasn't to play (she usually lines the toys next to me)

LeviTheOutlaw

Oh ok... I had a dog that liked to chase my cats. I taught her to leave them alone by giving her time outs in the bathroom. I removed all the "interesting" things that she could get into from the bathroom and then everytime she tried to chase the cats I put her up in the bathroom for a minute. Then she couldn't come out until she was calm. It was magical how fast she learned

Dogster

Honored Member
Well actually (I forgot to mention this before), the problem is my cat. If we let Shivon upstairs, my cat will (not joking) KILL ME.:ROFLMAO: She is scared of Shivon (not that Shivon does anything to her, she learned to respect Patches) She never goes on the main floor anymore, so the least I can give her is the upstairs...:LOL: But eventually I'll have Shivon sleeping upstairs...eventually.....

LeviTheOutlaw

Ok well that makes sense. It's good to just give Patches her/his own space. Don't want her to be too stressed or kill you... how would I get all those cute pics of the "nose" :LOL:

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Veronica sleeps in bed with us; and most of the time when we're just relaxing in the living room watching TV she lies on the couch with me.

She has a bed in our upstairs office under the desk; and in the downstairs office (also under the desk...didn't actually plan that). But if me or the hubby are working or if I am on the computer; she'll come and hang out with us.

Her crate is also in the living room and she really likes it. The door is always open; but it is her safe spot. She is noise phobic and has fear issues; so if something scares her she runs for her crate and sticks her head under her blanket.