I Think We Need A Thread On What Everyone Is Working On!

MaryK

Honored Member
Great, will be looking forward to the weekend:D A Veronica video is sure to make it grand!:D

How annoying that your new and expensive camera doesn't film well at night!:mad::rolleyes: I know mine doesn't but would have thought a really good one would.

SD&B

Experienced Member
I'll have it up this weekend; I'm hoping to get one more video with better lighting. All the videos I take in the evening without natural light with my new (expensive :mad:) camera seem to have an unnaturally golden hue to them.
Oh, I hear ya'. I have black dogs, so I really have to be careful not to get black blobs. Natural light makes all the difference in the world.

Dogster

Honored Member
Oh, I hear ya'. I have black dogs, so I really have to be careful not to get black blobs. Natural light makes all the difference in the world.
Oh yeah.:) So true!! Also, Movie Maker (the editor that I use) sometimes makes Shivon even darker than the original video. (sometimes brown??O_o)

Jazzy, What camera do you have?? (just curious:p) Maybe you can adjust it so it films better at night? ( I know my camera has different lighting settings...)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Jazzy, What camera do you have?? (just curious:p) Maybe you can adjust it so it films better at night? ( I know my camera has different lighting settings...)
I have a Canon Powershot S100. So it's not a really good GOOD camera...but for $400; the video capacity on my old Kodak Easyshare was better in terms of lighting...granted it didn't take HD video.

I'm still figuring out all the ins and outs so I will have to sit down w/ the manual and see if there is a way to adjust video settings!!!

Dogster

Honored Member
I have the same camera!!!!:) LOL:p It's a pretty good camera, forrt a point and shoot.:)
To make the video look better, you have to film when you're on the video setting. To get a better result in low lighting, press the func. set button for the menu. You can pick lighting in the second part of the menu. That's how I got good lighting in the indoor parts in the Halloween video

0:33 (the part where Carmel and Shivon change into their costumes was filmed in a basement, I just adjusted the setting):)

Anneke

Honored Member
Jinx is working on:
Duration with shame. We finally got it!! Yay!! Now to add a little more duration.
Sit up and hold an item(just started this and she does grab the toy, but then falls over:D)
Stand up(stand up on hind legs) She still tries to balance herself on my arm.
Back up. She does a few steps and then stops, so that needs work.
Tic tac: put paw on the knee I hold up.
At ease and relax: crossing front paws to the left or to the right.
And we started limp, but I don't know if I will continue this right now.
Jumping stand: jump into stand from a sitting position. She finds this very hard. She will jump up, but somehow lands on her butt instead of her four legs:rolleyes:

Cooper is working on:
Shame: he still is figuring out how to tuck his nose under his paw:ROFLMAO: Sooo funny to watch
I made a vid of it, but it turned out too dark, so we have to do it again.
Tictac: he is slow in responding, but he knows it
At ease and relax: putting it to a visual cue, me crossing my legs at the ankles
Jumping stand: he knows this with my handtarget, so I am putting it to a cue and fading my hand.

Evie

Experienced Member
Nice work!!

How'd you get the duration on shame? Evie's convinced that a swiping motion with her paw in the general area of her nose is good enough....

Anneke

Honored Member
I am having trouble with that too. But I try to wait with the click.
Jinx would just swipe her nose too, but when she didn't get clicked for it, she would offer it again and hold it just a second longer. So I waited for her to hold it for a second. I do tell her to "stay" sometimes. She know stay means hold the position you're in. So that helps a little. I still reward every Shame, but I jackpot the ones that last longer than the two seconds, that we have now.

Evie

Experienced Member
Evie quits too easily :( She will just shut down and give up if I try to wait a second longer before clicking with this particular trick.

I'm considering re-teaching it from the very beginning (like i did with her sit-pretty), actually, come to think of it, Evie won't hold any movement involving her paw. She just seems to swipe at everything lol.

Well in typing this reply I think I've work out our problem; Evie needs to add duration to things like paw targeting then maybe I can transfer that to shy and even limp!! Now I've just got to work out how to do this without her giving up instantly.

Thanks for you help :D

mewzard

Experienced Member
been AGES since i've been over here!!

I can not remember what we were doing when we were last here.
I've been on and off teaching Oka to "reverse" that is to turn to face away from me and to back up between my legs. currently looks more like a spin-jump and back-up but i like her enthusiasm. My other half has taught her to jump off of the ground which is amusing but done sparingly so as not to mess up her hips.

madeleine

Experienced Member
So here comes my first post in this topic:

Dazzle is working on:
suitcase: lying down in suitcase (and with that part also comes, not to destroy suitcase...) and we still have to add the keyword.
pull off socks: keyword is added and is working, yeah! amazingly enough, started yesterday with training this. So to her this was an easy trick to learn. She even surprised me with how quick she would pull this one off. This was one very good trick for here to switch from the suitcase to this one (one she does easly and ond she needs more time for, manreason is that she want to destroy the suitcase).

Now i'm going to think off another one. Leaving the pulling sock trick quiet for a few days.
And for myself i'm planing a trip to the shops.. I still have to buy a spacifer and find a long stick for some other tricks i'm planing to teach. And a earesel for some painting jobs. oohhh so many tricks to learn....!!!!