I Fell Off The Wagon... Petfinder

sara

Staff member
Y O U. A R E. E V I L!

It's a damn good thing she is across the country! (about a 4 day drive from here LOL) I dont think I'd be able to pass her up if she was closer! It'd be just like having another Mouse! I WANT HER!!!

I HATE YOU!!!

Dogster

Honored Member
OMD SARA!!!!!!!! I WANT HER!!!!!! SHE'S RIGHT HERE!!!!!!! OMD!!!!!:eek::D:love::love: I LOVE HER!!!!!:love::love: My parents wouldn't let me though...:( But OMD she's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!:love::D Now Sara, don't you wish you lived here???:D

Y O U. A R E. E V I L!
I AGREE!!!!:ROFLMAO:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Sara, A & C is right, I bet they could get a relay together and get that little baby to you asap!! :love: Whatcha think??? I'm thinkin' you have a new dog!! Your support group is right here .... supporting you!!! :LOL::D:p:ROFLMAO: So when do you meet her?? :love:

And Dogster, as for you .... Sandy is adorable, I LOVE brindle dogs, and I think you need to go get her NOW!!!! Go on, we'll watch for pics later today!!!! :love::ROFLMAO:

The Pet Finders Support Group is always here - for anyone needing "support". That's what we do. We support people. Yep. So go on, go get those dogs. :LOL:

Dogster

Honored Member
I wish I could get her.:( I know, I LOVE brindle dogs too!!!:love::love: Unfortunately cannot get another dog right now... :(

If I could drive I'd bring Poppy to you!!!!:D

Amateur

Experienced Member
Yeah I was thinking about the relay thing too ... I can just see the headlines ... it could be news worthy
Sara if there was a dog perfectly suited for someone ... well...

MaryK

Honored Member
This thread is fascinating, can see Sara falling off the wagon totally and utterly - go on Sara you KNOW you want the little angel:D

Love the relay idea(y) Definitely a news worthy story - of course the press would 'ham it up' Mercy Dash or Savior of Blind and Deaf Puppy:D

sara

Staff member
I spent a ton of money flying a deaf Border Collie TO Ontario last winter... no more money left for transporting dogs LOL, seriously though, I would be rendered homeless if I adopted another dog. My sister in Ottawa likes her though.... ha ha... except they already have 4 dogs right now, and Ottawa is a 3 dog limit. SO she's going to have to find someone else to love her.... but holy crap is she ever cute! Mouse was just a 5 month old puppy when I adopted her, and holy crap are they ever fun at that age!!!

Dogster, just tell your mom that Dachshunds are only 1/2 a dog anyway, and Shivon sleeps all the time anyway, so you would really only have 1 dog... ha ha ha

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member

So you're already telling your family about Poppy, are you???

You could contact the shelter and give yourself as a last-hope sorta thing, and tell them that they'd need to coordinate transport. Does Canada have Pilots-n-Paws participation, and other coordinated animal rescue transports? I know the deaf and lethal white peeps have contacts everywhere, or at least it seems so. I say this seriously, as the chances of a double dapple finding a good home aren't great in general, and I'd hate to see her languish somewhere. You could also just contact them to volunteer to guide a new adopter, or at least to give them the link for Mouse's video so they can show anyone interested just what these 'disabled' dogs can do.

I love the brown foreleg, BTW. I secretly wish Calvin had a bit more color sometimes, if only to keep me from hearing the constant refrain "He's just SO WHITE!" while out on walks. I think a bit of bold coloring can be very fun.

sara

Staff member
Well, it looks like she's in a foster situation, with a dachshund-specific rescue. She's perfectly happy and safe, which makes me breathe easy LOL.

As far as I know, there is no cross country transport... we're just too unpopulated, I guess. And I've never heard of a Pilot's and Paws set up here either. We do what we can with what we have... which is why I spent $440 in flying a deaf Border Collie to Ontario... that was the only way we could find to send him there. Katrina and I tried, trust me :)

Mine have enough colour on them to avoid alot of the "white" comments LOL

MaryK

Honored Member
It's the same here Sara, not too much help with across country transport for animals, it's up to the shelter concerned if they will help and then they charge. Plus they have to travel in the cargo hold of the plane, which is very traumatic for some and would be more so for little Poppy.

Friends just flew down a KelpieX even with a 'contact' in the airlines, who got them a discount, it still cost the earth.

Wish I lived nearby, she's just SO CUTE and even though I've never trained a dog with disabilities, now I'm on this forum I would definitely take on the challenge. From all I've read, here and elsewhere, they're even MORE loving, if possible, than healthy adoptees. And just as smart! OMD why am I so far away:cry: She's just the cutest little poppet on four legs:love::love:

Oh, we have a two dog limit here:( I'm already there.

sara

Staff member
Disabled dogs are alot easier than they are made out to be! I have 2 deaf dogs, my Mom has another one (she was my first deafie) and they are soooo much easier than my hearing dog. I've never once wished my deafies could hear, but I constantly wish my hearing dogs were deaf! LOL

And Mouse has very little vision, yet she can do tricks like any perfectly "abled" dog can!