I Fell Off The Wagon... Petfinder

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by sara, May 9, 2011.

1. Adrianna & Calvin Experienced Member

YES! I can even open a bag of chips, if the dog is sleeping :) No problems with loud trucks, jackhammers, sirens, and apparently screaming kids are a lot more interesting and fun if you can't hear the screaming :)

There's a website specifically with special-needs animals like this fine girl:
    [IMG][IMG]

I can't tell you how many people cluck their tongues and say oh, poor thing when they learn that Calvin is deaf. Deaf and deaf/VI dogs are routinely put down in some places, as Calvin would have been in Nebraska, just because they're considered so much less adoptable.
    bekah1001 and Dogster like this.

2. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

yeah, same for d.a. dogs, extremely shy/reactive dogs,
    and some breeds.
    the dog pound i took buddy from said they always line up the border collies first for euthanasia, cuz "that breed always gets returned..":(

i wonder what % of the millions of homeless dogs are deaf dogs?
  3. Dogster Honored Member

Soooory:D But we HAD TO!!!!!:ROFLMAO: I don't think I could go on a week without DTA or Petfinder:cautious::ROFLMAO:
  4. Dogster Honored Member

DOGCRAZY!!!!! COME HERE!!!!!:LOL:
    tigerlily46514 and southerngirl like this.
  5. Dogster Honored Member

bekah1001 and tigerlily46514 like this.
  6. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

OHhhh, dogster, the dog with the famous ears is now "on hold" (someone is being checked out to get the dog or something)
    sorry for your daydreams, dogster,
    but YAY for the dog!! One less dog waiting to be chosen. YAY!!
    Dogster likes this.
  7. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

OH WAIT, no, Paisly is on hold for heartworms...aw, poor baby....such a sweetie pie face...:(
    Dogster likes this.
  8. bekah1001 Honored Member

It would be awesome to adopt a blind/deaf, handicapped, or senior dog. They always get looked over and don't have much as a chance as little puppies do. But there are awesome people out there who really care for them :)
    Dogster likes this.
  9. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I would in a heartbeat but since Remi is still a puppy, I don't want to add the chaos of other dog just yet. Plus I'm in the process of getting a new place so its best to wait until everything is figured out. But I want my next dog to be specials needs.
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  10. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I agree, I love little dogs, and no doubt are they just as good as larger dogs. Its just for me I've only had one athletic small dog in my life and all the others are just lap dogs. And so darn moody. It just isn't worth getting another one, unless thats all I could have do to living conditions. By the way Holly sounds like an awesome little dog. :)
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  11. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

This too! I work in a daycare with kids anywhere from a year to 10 years old and I take my dog to work. I would be to nervous with a little dog around them, or even my nieces. I feel like if one of the kids drops 'em or picks 'em up wrong they could be easy injured.
  12. jackienmutts Honored Member

Where in the heck is Tx??? :ROFLMAO: She needs to come up for air and get in on this impromptu meeting ... or has she snuck out behind all our backs and gone to adopt a dog???? :LOL:
    tigerlily46514, Dogster and bekah1001 like this.
  13. jackienmutts Honored Member

Ok, now you guys have me looking too (altho I always look - I can't help it). I wasn't prowling on Petfinder, but was on Shep rescue instead (where mine came from) - but that counts too, right? :D http://www.sheprescue.org/Garrison von Gartz.html Just sayin'... :love: (no bio yet, he must be new - but no more dogs for me til I hit lotto).
    tigerlily46514, Dogster and bekah1001 like this.
  14. bekah1001 Honored Member

omg so adorable!
  15. sara Moderator

Buck, (the border collie I rescued and fostered for a month before flying him to rescue in Ontario) is in Ottawa, if anyone is interested... :)
    http://www.birchhaven.org/?cat=113
  16. Amateur Experienced Member

I could have easily found you a Canadian Border Collie pup last year easily ...
    not sure the hubby would have let her go though
  17. Dogster Honored Member

Yep, I thought so too. But yeah, she has heartworm.:( She won't be able to be visited or adopted until October. Gives me a lot of time.....:sneaky::ROFLMAO:
  18. Dlilly Honored Member

19. Amateur Experienced Member

I knew I shouldn't have looked
    .... damn
  20. Dogster Honored Member

Oh.....my....dog.:eek::eek::love::love::love: ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love: Wow, he is sooo CUTE!!!!!:love: Get him, get him!!!!:p:ROFLMAO:
    Mr-Remington and tigerlily46514 like this.