I Fell Off The Wagon... Petfinder

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
southerngirl- your mom reminds me of my mom.:cautious: I tried for a good 2 years before I got my first dog. But at least you Missy until you finally convince her to say yes.

HOW DOES SHE NOT WANT THAT ADORABLE DOG? Sunshine is so cute! I love the coat color!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Bekah- I would die if I had to wait that long! Of course I asked for a Golden retriever for my 11th birthday and ended up with a Pomeranian. I think my mom got her breeds mixed up. :ROFLMAO: But that little guy was my baby, and couldn't have asked for a better dog.

southerngirl

Honored Member
I had to wait 12 years :LOL:. I always wanted a dog when I really little. My mom said I would train my toy dogs to do tricks. I would say roll over and roll the toy over lol.
That's so cute.
when I was little I wasn't dog crazy I was just aching for a horse and still am. Don't get me wrong I've always had a soft spot for all animals but my mom said I've always have begged for a horse. I didn't go dog crazy until I got Missy when I was 12:love:. I wasn't suppose to keep her defiantly not name her but I did. She's always been my Crazy nutty baby.

southerngirl

Honored Member
southerngirl- your mom reminds me of my mom.:cautious: I tried for a good 2 years before I got my first dog. But at least you Missy until you finally convince her to say yes.

HOW DOES SHE NOT WANT THAT ADORABLE DOG? Sunshine is so cute! I love the coat color!
She would Love to get a Border Collie, but we have 7animals right now. Also our family dog is 16 so she says it would be cruel to bring another nutzy dog(Missy) into the house to drive him even more crazy. We do get another dog after Chase though, probaly a small one:( I like big and medium dogs.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
SG- I understand with the family dog being so old. I also am not a big fan of small dogs anymore after my pom passed away. My moms has a chihuahua and I can't stand the barking. I love the larger or medium breeds, you can do more with them as far as outdoor activities go.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay I will be the resonsible one here:giggle: Hmm lets see Everyone you already have your hands full with the dogs you have, you don't have the money right now for another mouth to feed, umm.. your parents(if you live with them) says no more dogs, your dog would be quiet(i think i spelled that right) if you brought another dog into his/her home. I think I covered everyone other words what are you waiting for go get that doggy.Dilly with Fleet/Merlin and I think Deuce?:D

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
I love it when they have video! What a good looking boy. Why don't you adopt him? It's so strange to me that it's so hard to find homes for deaf or blind dogs, it's just not such a big deal to be a deaf dog. If you are in a rural area or need a working stock dog, it's understandable, but most of us use yards and leashes with our dogs and there's no problem there.

Honored Member
SG- I understand with the family dog being so old. I also am not a big fan of small dogs anymore after my pom passed away. My moms has a chihuahua and I can't stand the barking. I love the larger or medium breeds, you can do more with them as far as outdoor activities go.
lol, you should talk to Holly about that. She is little, a pug X, and we do obedience and agility and she is very talented at both (and she has tried flyball and seemed like she would learn that very well if it was available). And she learns tricks and has tons of energy ;)

I can't think of anything that a larger dog can do that she can't. You just have to bend over more, but she has the advantage of being easier to pick up :)

But, in saying all that, I would like to have a larger dog too and was kind of disappointed (at first, before I got to know Holly and saw her potential) when my mum and sister bought such a little dog that I thought would be a lazy lap dog (that's what they wanted) but she turned out to be a smart, quick agility dog like I wanted (only smaller) :D

So don't discount the little dogs, if you are only allowed a small dog remember they can be little rockets and do the same stuff as large dogs ;)

southerngirl

Honored Member
@648117 I love little dogs and know they can be just as active like some big dogs(I had a crazy min. pin when I was little) I just prefer bigger dogs because I like to run and bike which can be hard for a small dog because of they're short legs(even if they are hyper). Also they are fragile and I have little nephew and a niece on the way and would be scared they would hurt it.

sara

Staff member
I love it when they have video! What a good looking boy. Why don't you adopt him? It's so strange to me that it's so hard to find homes for deaf or blind dogs, it's just not such a big deal to be a deaf dog. If you are in a rural area or need a working stock dog, it's understandable, but most of us use yards and leashes with our dogs and there's no problem there.
So true! Deaf dogs really are not a big deal. And they dont get scared by fireworks! LOL They can do almost anything a hearing dog can, and they're not hard to train :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
well, SouthernGirl is right, in reply #53,:ROFLMAO: where she *tries* to talk us all down again, lol, pointing out that most of here have no business drooling over petfinder dogs, for one reason or another,
but, to Bekah who posted border collies are hard to find in Canada:
bazillions of sites popped up when i typed into the browser:
"border collie rescue canada"
Canadian Rescues
Border Collie Club of Canada Rescue
Border Collie Rescue Ontario
Ontario Border Collie Rescue Network
That'll Do Border Collie Rescue

http://www.bordercollierescue.org/international/Canada/bcrcanada.html

http://www.bcbordercollies.com/

http://www.hullshaven.org/

http://www.bordercollie.ca/home.cfm

tons of sites...that is just first few on list.
good luck! WHATEVER one wants in a dog,
that dog IS on one rescue webboard or another.......:ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"It's so strange to me that it's so hard to find homes for deaf or blind dogs, it's just not such a big deal to be a deaf dog."//
You are probably right there, Adriana. It's hard to find home for dogs period, really,

even hearing dogs, sighted dogs, robustly healthy dogs, perfectly well behaved dogs,
dogs of all kinds,
so many millions in need of a home,
dogs of allllllllllllllllll kinds,
all waiting.....and waiting........and waiting.......by the MILLIONS, deaf or not, dogs with issues or not, dogs who are total "ready to go" perfect-in-every-way dogs, dogs of all kinds,
all lined up,
hoping for a chance.........lined up by the millions...