Diamond Pet Food Recall!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by charmedwolf, May 1, 2012.

1. charmedwolf Moderator

I know some people feed diamond pet food so I figured I would post here.

Diamond Pet Food has done voluntarily recalled the following products.

Diamond Puppy Formula, Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's soul adult light formula, and Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice formula.

More information can be found at: http://www.diamondpetrecall.com/

2. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Great post, yes, we'd been discussing this on another thread. It only involves one batch of one line of chicken soup "light" formula dog food.
    I'm glad they are voluntarily recalling that entire batch of the "Light"formula of CS dog food, when one(1) bag tested positive for salmonella-------CS pulled the entire batch of that line of food, for even the possibility that salmonella could be in those bags, as well.

Not one dog has been sick,:D but, to avoid even the chance, they pulled whole batch of that "Light" formula, which did go out to several different states.

i was confused, as well, cuz i thought dogs could not even get salmonella:confused: , like from raw eggs. But, better safe than sorry i guess.

They must really care about dogs to be so thorough. Some dog food companies :rolleyes: refuse to do voluntary recalls....
    Orijen--a great dog food, has had bone shards:mad: in their bags, but, never ever put out a recall.
    Wellness, although a great dog food, too, has quite a few customers complaining about sharp jagged fish bones, too, but no recalls are done for that, nor for the suspicions that several owners have, that their dog got liver failure from Wellness. (all over the internet, easy to find if you google "dogs with liver failure after feeding Wellness dog food")

I guess now that i have read about this, maybe i am happier with a company that will voluntarily recall an entire batch, for even a "possibility" of a problem, after finding one (1) bag test positive,
    than worry about dog food companies that do not issue recalls for jagged bone shards, etc.
  3. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

and to keep this in perspective, if someone wants to stop using CS dog food for issuing a voluntary recall, it's worth noting that CS does some product manufacturing for many other dog foods. I will continue to feed my dog CS dog food, as i haven't found a kibble that is better that is worth doubling or quadrupling the price i pay.
    If i could spend more,
    i'd move to raw feeding, like you do, Cwolf.

(below is remark is copied from other thread, when someone said, cuz of this recall, she is considering never ever buying CS dog food again) so i wrote this:

The owners of Chicken Soup also do some product manufacturing for
    Taste of the Wild
    Candidae
    Dick Van Pattens
    Solid Gold, and many others. So maybe, to be careful, you'd want to avoid all those foods, too.

If you will now avoid any pet food that gets recalled, (even if recalled voluntarily to prevent any chance of any dog actually getting sick, like CS did)
    you'll have to also avoid buying:
    Royal Canin
    Blue Buffalo
    Natural Balance
    Blue Wilderness
    Fromm's Surf and Turf
    Bravo Raw Diet
    Castor and Pollux
    Innova Evo /Evolve
    Harmony Farms
    Kirkland
    Performatrin Ultra
    and about 100+ other dog foods.. that have all been recalled, at some point, too.
    ~~~~~
    CHARMED WOLF, i bet you are soooooo glad you feed raw!!:ROFLMAO:
  4. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

sorry, i don't know much about the other Diamond brands, cuz i don't use them. But great link, ppl who use these flavors of those dog foods should check their bag numbers.
  5. sara Moderator

6. sara Moderator

Honestly, diamond has had so many recalls in recent years, though none have been very serious... it concerns me, and makes me think their quality control is somewhat lacking.

I am considering stopping feeding any brand manufactured by Diamond.
  7. sara Moderator

I got this off another Forum... This is getting bad.

8. Dlilly Honored Member

Ack! I just looked at the TOTW bag, and I think it has the same number as the recall ones! o.e I'm going to have my mom double check it…..
  9. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

OHhh, so the humans get sick then, from salmonella, not the dogs? Ah, that explains my confusion, on why dogs can eat raw eggs and never get salmonella, but that we should worry about salmonella in dog foods.......
    ...i did not realize it was a danger to the ppl who feed the dog food, might get the germs on their hands and then into their own mouths, ohhhhhh.....

now i get it.
    Dogster likes this.
  10. sara Moderator

yup, like I said, generally dogs dont get it, though they can if they aren't healthy.
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  11. Dlilly Honored Member

Ohhhhhh…. I wasn't sure if they could or not. Now I know!
    Dogster likes this.
  12. Dogster Honored Member

Oh crap, have to give Taste of the Wild back.:mad::confused: It's the recall number.
    Arrrgh!!!!! It's making me sooo angry!!!!!:mad:
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  13. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

A pal of mine also HAS a bag with recalled product numbers, but, she has fed almost entire bag already. Neither she, nor her dog, has gotten sick.

When i told her of the info in this thread, of the danger being more to her, (or, maybe to a dog who may have low-health, or be immuno-comprised for whatever reason,)
    she said she is just going to keep on feeding the rest of her bag (since she has already fed 2/3 of bag anyway) and just take extra care to wash her hands after handling dog food.
    Dogster likes this.
  14. Dogster Honored Member

I'm gonna take the bag back (Global Pet Foods gives you a refund, thank dog:D)
  15. Dlilly Honored Member

Yeah, my dogs have almost ate the whole bag also, and they are fine. I might as well finish the bag. I'll just be real careful. I've been handling their food with my hands all this time… :eek:
    Dogster likes this.
  16. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

New recalls:

Wellness::cry:
    http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/wellness-dog-food-recall/ <-----WHAT a bummer, as i've always thought of Wellness as one of the very very best of all dog foods ever....

Solid Gold: <----also so well rated on most sites...
    http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/solid-gold-dog-food-recall/

Apex:
    http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/apex-dog-food-recall/

Natural Balance:
    http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/natural-balance-dog-food-recall-2/
    Dogster likes this.
  17. Dogster Honored Member

Sigh, what's going on?!?!?!?!:confused::cry: I hope they get this problem resolved soon, I'm REALLY starting to lose trust in Diamond Pet Foods.:(
    bekah1001 likes this.
  18. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

well, i think this is ALL the same exact recall, being discovered, and extended, not "multiple recalls", but, same exact recall, being extended out.

but,
    most ppl don't realize how many brands of dog foods, use some Diamond product in their line. To me, Wellness is one of the TOP dog foods of all dog foods.:eek:
    Dogster likes this.
  19. Dogster Honored Member

Yeah, I didn't realize just how many brands Diamond Pet Foods is part of, it's shocking.:eek:
  20. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Yes, and which company owns or makes which dog food,
    seems to change up pretty regularly.....it IS hard to keep track of that.

some brands that were quite popular, when bought out by another manufacturer, change their whole ingredient list, etc. Very hard to keep total track of, imo.

HERE IS GREAT LINK, that ppl should ALL sign up for, just to be safe:
    http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall-alerts/
    bekah1001 and Dogster like this.