Welcome to the Academy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyopoodle

rtoast - let Jean (the admin) know directly about the spam message you recieved... that one has been sent to a bunch of users and Jean is banning any account that sends it. Just forward the entire message to him...

M

mchristian17

Hello from the USVI

:dogtongue2:Thanks for having me at your website. I have a 3 month old american pitbull. He is a sweet heart. He already learned sit and lay down. So now everything else has to fall in place. Hope you guys can help me. And HELLO from the USVI.:dogwink:

floresj74

Hi, new member

Hello everyone,

I just became a member. We just rcv'd a 5 moth old female dog. She is supposed to be a Jack Russell Terrier, but she looks more like a Manchester Terrier. The prior owner did not have the time to spend with her and train her. I have no experience dealing with a puppy, so I started searching the web, and here I am. If anyone has any pointers, please feel to send me the info to [email protected] Thanks, Judy

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi!!

Welcome to the Academy, and congratulations on your new life with your dog! :)

If you want to get started on training your dog yourself, there is a lot of information and videos in the classroom. You can start by reading the theory lessons in Level 1 and work your way up from there. If you need any help, you can come and talk to us in the forum!

P.S. You should edit your post and remove your e-mail. People on here can send you private messages which will show up anytime you log in. :)

ilove_ewok

Maltzu

alicem;372 said:
Hi Jean. I just registered and look forward to watching your website evolve. I have a little Shih Tzu pup who will turn one in November. Are there any other Shih Tzu owners out there?

AliceM

I have a Shih Tzu - Maltese mix. He turned two on Nov. 26th 'O7. So cute & sooo smart :D

rosie

Hi All!
Just joined from here in Australia. I have 2 poodles who love agility and being the queens of the house. They really are very clever and I am hoping to teach them some new tricks with the help of this great site.
Rosie

E

emmasmamma

Welcome to the website one and all! I have been a member for only a couple weeks and my dog and I have already learned a lot. Rosie, what size are your poodles? Mine is a large toy/ small miniature red/apricot female named Emma Rose. She is the third poodle in my life and Idon,t think I'd get anything else. (no offense to the other dogs out there):dogwub:

missmosaic

Lola

:msniwonder:Hi Jean, I'm new to the dog world. We just got a terrier mix rescue 3 months ago.
Her name is Lola. She is a wonderful dog and around 15 months now. She is very head
strong. I have her in class and she's doing well with her basic commands.
I think she needs to be challenged so I'm looking for tricks that are easy to teach.
Does anyone have a terrier or terrier mix? Help me to understand the breed, please.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there! :welcome: to the Academy!

Well the classroom has a bunch of tricks that you can start training your dog. If you are completely new then I recommend that you start by reading the theory lessons and then moving to the level 3 tricks.

It's ironic but all dogs communicate and learn in the same way. So I don't think you really need to modify your training according to the breed.

Of course you will always be fighting instincts, a herding dog always has instincts to herd and hunting dogs to sniff around. But those are minor things that don't really affect the way you train dog tricks.

Hope this helps,
Jean

gingersfolks

My husband and I have an 11 month old German Shepherd (Ginger) that we fjound at a local animal rescue. We got her when she was six months old. She is very smart and high energy! Ginger is very head strong and when she is not given a "job" to do, she gets herself into trouble! She learns things rather quickly and we are looking forward to challenging her more and talking to other dog people. From what we have seen, this looks like a great website! Thanks for all the hard work!

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Welcome to the DTA. Sounds like a typical GSD to me. They certainly are a breed that likes to be kept busy, and there are fewer better or more rewarding ways to do that than training. Enjoy the website!

gingersfolks

She defintiely likes to be kept very busy. We provide her with lots of things to chew and that seems to help her some. She loves to go to the dog park and loves to play fetch; sometimes she decides that "keep-away" is more fun.

I saw the picture of Ellie; she is beautiful!!!!

B

brodie2025

Hello! I stumbled on this site by accident but I'm so glad I did! My dog Brodie and I are excited to join!

bogglebrain

Hi, just found this website, its great. I`m new to dog training and my 11 month Dobe is helping me along. She`s strong willed but quite eager to learn, some of the tricks have been a welcome respite to obedience work. We luv it...

morgancherilyn

Found your website while looking for ideas for new tricks...what a great find! I love the website. Thanks for the warm welcome.

heidib860

Hello all,
This is my first time here. I am very excited to be here and want to give Jean a big "Thank you" for starting this site. Max has just recently graced my families life. He's a 3 month old Golden Retriever. I have been able to teach him sit, down, and shake but look forward to teaching him lots more! This looks like a perfect site for support and frienship. I ultimate goal for Max and myself is Training to become a Therapy Dog team.

-Heidi and Max

lisastolen

Welcome to...

Thank you so much for this wonderful website! I have a truly gifted maltipoo (everyone thinks their dog is the greatest, right?) He learns much more quickly than I do, so I'm looking forward to using this site to offer us both challenge.

Dobby is almost 7 months old. He is neutered, about 9 lbs. and has a great temperament. He can sit, stay, shake, down, roll-over, sit-up, dance-dance, and plays dead on "bang." We are working on "take a bow," and will start the March challenge, "touch your nose."

Enjoy your furry friends. They keep life sane!

Lisa::dogblush:

E

emmasmamma

lisastolen- I'd love to see a pix of your malti-poo! I'm looking for a sibling for Emma and one of the ones I'm looking at is a malti-poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.