Trick Challenge: Hide Your Eyes

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you for the video. Zac's almost there, he's doing really well. I too noticed the same thing, and I too have to keep sound either off or right down, as Leafy goes nuts when she hears the clickers, or marker Yes.

Given me some ideas with Leaf too. Been a bit foggy thinking of late, so good to have a guide line. We'll resume training in the next day or two, got to get back into some form of routine, though it's going to be hard without our 'audience' to applaud. Not sure when I can vid, we may be later than usual, hope you understand. But we will get there!!!!!!!!!

running_dog

Honored Member
Okay all, I'm going to give us another week to get this challenge out of the way.
So train hard for a week and all being well we'll post on Monday 23rd June.
All being well I'll be posting a new challenge that day.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Okay all, I'm going to give us another week to get this challenge out of the way.
So train hard for a week and all being well we'll post on Monday 23rd June.
All being well I'll be posting a new challenge that day.
Sounds good, I am just struggling to get time to film and try to get Ripley motivated at the moment. I have Ollie the lurcher, who is in some of my pics, staying with us at the mo and Ripley is not into trick training a lot when he is around - to her it is permanent play time when he is around. I need to work on diversions from the play and making me more interesting right now..! :(

kassidybc

Experienced Member
I'm going to join this challenge right now. I have worked on this trick before with Chloe, so it's "OK", but it's not great, at the moment it is just her swiping her face. Maybe we can have it a little improved by the end of the week!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay so Piper was being a goofball so not the best training session.:p The rash on Piper's underside is because when we went on a trip on Saturday poor Piper had Diarrhea in her crate.:( And I'm guessing because of that she tried escaping the crate by chewing through it which resulted in cutting up her ear(that's why it's so red). She won't be left in the crate that long again. We went to Helen(1hr away) and next time she's coming(she'll get to tube down the Chattahoochee).

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Okay so Piper was being a goofball so not the best training session.:p The rash on Piper's underside is because when we went on a trip on Saturday poor Piper had Diarrhea in her crate.:( And I'm guessing because of that she tried escaping the crate by chewing through it which resulted in cutting up her ear(that's why it's so red). She won't be left in the crate that long again. We went to Helen(1hr away) and next time she's coming(she'll get to tube down the Chattahoochee).
Looks like they are doing great! Especially Missy, she's doing the trick really well! And Piper looks like she is really starting to figure it out!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
That looked great! Poor Piper though. Hope she is getting over it now. I actually love the way she starts doing a double shame with both paws -maybe a separate trick you could work on! Missy is doing awesome - she is such a keen dog! Well done to all of you. (y)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Finally I videoed our work in progress video (or maybe it should be our work not in progress)
I'm currently trying to click Zac for non contact of his leg on my hand. Hope fully this will get him away from the idea his paw should relax and rest on my arm.

Although I am no longer giving a treat from my hand he won't seem to look down without my hand being there so it is very difficult to fade. I might have to train target stick for this.
Zac is trying so hard to get it. Both of you are doing great. You guys will get it, just keep working at it.(y)

Anneke

Honored Member
Great job everyone! It took me FOREVER to teach this to Jinx. Wanted a shame while sitting, but that did not work. Finally I had her lie down and now she has it! Cooper on the other hand gets the idea, but somehow doesn't seem to be able to put his paw ON his nose:D
Here is a vid of them doing shame. It's an old one. Jinx has lost the double paw action, unfortunately. I thought that was cute. Watch for the double dog action :D
Jinx offers shame all of the time! Even in sessions with other tricks as I am working with Cooper and she has to wait her turn. Or when I am training it with Cooper. From the corner of my eye I will see her do shame.
I thought I had some earlier training sessions, as I trained this using the gentle leader, because the tape and elastic bands were not working for us. They both hate the gentle leader and don't need it anymore for walking, so it served another purpose;) But apparently I haven't put them up on youtube.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Great job everyone! It took me FOREVER to teach this to Jinx. Wanted a shame while sitting, but that did not work. Finally I had her lie down and now she has it! Cooper on the other hand gets the idea, but somehow doesn't seem to be able to put his paw ON his nose:D
Here is a vid of them doing shame. It's an old one. Jinx has lost the double paw action, unfortunately. I thought that was cute. Watch for the double dog action :D
Jinx offers shame all of the time! Even in sessions with other tricks as I am working with Cooper and she has to wait her turn. Or when I am training it with Cooper. From the corner of my eye I will see her do shame.
I thought I had some earlier training sessions, as I trained this using the gentle leader, because the tape and elastic bands were not working for us. They both hate the gentle leader and don't need it anymore for walking, so it served another purpose;) But apparently I haven't put them up on youtube.
LOVE the double dog action! They both look great doing shame! Love Coopers face in particular whilst doing it.

Anneke

Honored Member
He keeps thinking... How do I do this? Lift paw, bend head. Nope missed it. Bend head, lift paw? Nope didn't work...
It has to do with the way he positions himself. He lies down all relaxed and then uses the leg he is lying on. But he still hasn't figured out that he can use his other leg.
But his face cracks me up and he is trying so hard, so I reward him anyway, just because he is so darn cute:D

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
He keeps thinking... How do I do this? Lift paw, bend head. Nope missed it. Bend head, lift paw? Nope didn't work...
It has to do with the way he positions himself. He lies down all relaxed and then uses the leg he is lying on. But he still hasn't figured out that he can use his other leg.
But his face cracks me up and he is trying so hard, so I reward him anyway, just because he is so darn cute:D
I would be the exact same, rewarding him I mean... how can you not when he trys like that..!:love:

MaryK

Honored Member
Missy is doing really well!:)(y) And Piper is the cutest little goofball, she's getting it though!:)

Poor baby, not nice to have diarrhea at any time, but in your crate - ghastly:(

Pardon my ignorance but what does 'tube down the Chattahoochee" mean? I think I'm correct in the Chattahoochee is a river right? But I'm flummoxed as to the 'tube' part.:confused:

MaryK

Honored Member
Leaf's making progress, but because of everything training has been a bit topsy turvey. We're getting back on track now, but she keeps looking for Zeus, he always 'trained' with us and I guess she's missing her Big Bro.:(

southerngirl

Honored Member
Missy is doing really well!:)(y) And Piper is the cutest little goofball, she's getting it though!:)

Poor baby, not nice to have diarrhea at any time, but in your crate - ghastly:(

Pardon my ignorance but what does 'tube down the Chattahoochee" mean? I think I'm correct in the Chattahoochee is a river right? But I'm flummoxed as to the 'tube' part.:confused:
Yes, the Chattahoochee is a river. Here is a picture. You take a round sturdy float(tube) down the river.