Ra Kismet Is On The Sick List

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I'm so sad for you, Mary, but relieved for Ra Kismet, as he surely was suffering. Poor dear. So nice that your partner stepped up and got you through, he's not such a bad guy, eh? Seems he really did love Rakins, too. I'll think of you and your boy every time I kick a ball for Brody.

sara

Staff member
OMG Mary, I am sooo sorry! I never know what to say to people when the worst happens, but, I want you to know you are in my thoughts.

Run free Ra Kismet

blacknym

Experienced Member
Oh Mary sweety Im so sorry!! I could feel how frantic you must have felt...But you held it together!

I will say a prayer to the Mother Goddess for Ra and you. I know He is with all his puppy friends up there running free and sniffing butts. Im sure He has his own special soccer ball that will never pop or go flat. :)

*hugs for you*

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry. Sweet Rakins. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and many many hugs!!! Rakins has a lost of good company up there, no doubt. :) Glad that he is no longer in any pain. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me. :)

Gordykins

Experienced Member
Oh, no. This was the last thing that I expected to read when I logged on today. I hadn't seen this thread at all until today, and read the first post, and clicked page to page looking to see what it would be that would make Rakins all better. I'm so sorry for your loss, and a little heartbroken as Ra Kismet was just one of those dogs who despite never meeting him in person, felt like a dog I'd known my whole life. Oh, how these furballs wiggle their way right into our hearts. Rest in peace handsome Rakins. You are so very loved.

Linda A

Experienced Member
I can not even begin to express how sorry I am for your loss. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you all so very, very much. Sorry I have been slow in replying, but as A & C has said, the trauma was very big and well I am sure you all understand. To know so many people care and understand is very comforting, you may never realize how much, but you're all wonderful people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.:love:

This is what I whispered to my darling, handsome boy, as he crossed the Bridge

When I hear the winds rustle through the trees
and the brook babbling over it's bed
I will hear your voice.

When the Autumn leaves dance and skip
and the tall grasses sway
I will know you're presence.

When the midday sun blazes down
and I feel it's heat
I will know your love.

When the moon casts her silvery light
and the stars glisten above
I will know your Soul.

True Love can never be broken
My Beautiful Boy,
And surely our love was pure,
unconditional and will remain.
I shall always love you,
Go to the Light, do not be afraid
I love you.

Rakins was a dog who loved life, he was loved by everyone and in return loved everyone, unconditionally, that was his legacy to the world, and also of course, he was the best little soccer player ever!

Yes, his crossing has been very sad, very traumatic, but I have been blessed and privileged to share my life with such a wonderful dog. Albeit for such a short, too short, a time. Three and a half years, but he crammed more living into that time than a lot of dogs do who's lives are much longer.

And, not sure if everyone will understand or believe this, but on the Thursday night, when my partner and I were going down Memory Lane, remembering all the funny, loving ways of Rakins, he came 'buzzing' in - no other word for it - all full of his usual bounce, energy and LOVE!!!! We both saw him, as clearly as if he were there in the flesh, and he's continued to buzz in, any time we either think of him or feel depressed, he's there. And he also definitely guided me to look for another baby to love.

I was feeling very down, trying to watch the tennis but failing miserably to focus, when I saw Rakins and he ran into this room, where the computer is, and back again to me. He did it a few times, willing me to turn on the computer and start looking for a new baby. I honestly didn't really feel like it, but well, I couldn't resist the pull.

He was right, after spending time searching, I was drawn to a little girl, I couldn't move away from her and when I did try, I was immediately drawn back!. At around 4.a.m. I filled out the Adoption Papers, with tears pouring down my face, and thought well, I've done what you wanted Rakins. He reappeared and buzzed around, so very, very, happy.

Next morning an email saying that Leaf (my new baby's name) foster Mom would call some time soon, and sure enough, a few hours later on Saturday a lovely lady called about Leaf. I promptly burst into tears, but she totally understood, and said cry all I wanted too. A meet and greet was arranged for the Sunday, and it went really well. My little lady will not come home for another two weeks, after she's been desexed (strict rules on that which is great), so will wait until then to formally introduce her to you all. Suffice to say, she's in a wonderful foster home and is totally beautiful, reminds me of my beloved late Tiger Lily. Rakins always could pick lovely ladies, he was quite the 'man about town' with the ladies and he sure did himself proud with choosing little Leaf:)

And Rakins, well he was around for the meet and greet and buzzes back in all the time. Sometimes he looks at me as if to say 'please don't grieve, I'm still around and hey gotta organize the Motley Mutts Soccer Team':):love:

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm so sorry MaryK, that really is so sad.

At least it sounds like you and Rakins found the exact right time to say goodbye.
Thank you. Yes, we had one last walk together, one last game of soccer and one last play and trick time together.:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh, no. This was the last thing that I expected to read when I logged on today. I hadn't seen this thread at all until today, and read the first post, and clicked page to page looking to see what it would be that would make Rakins all better. I'm so sorry for your loss, and a little heartbroken as Ra Kismet was just one of those dogs who despite never meeting him in person, felt like a dog I'd known my whole life. Oh, how these furballs wiggle their way right into our hearts. Rest in peace handsome Rakins. You are so very loved.
Thank you, yes Rakins was a dog who somehow made himself a part of everyone's life, I think it was that he was such a loving, funny boy, who just adored people and loved the world, life and everything and everybody. They sure do wriggle their way into our lives:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry. Sweet Rakins. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and many many hugs!!! Rakins has a lost of good company up there, no doubt. :) Glad that he is no longer in any pain. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me. :)
Thank you, I will p.m. you. Yes, he's now fit, healthy and can "Bend it Like Beckham" once more with all his friends up there. I bet they're all having a blast, probably a bit rowdy now with Rakins around, though he wasn't a barker, but hey he LOVED to party!:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh Mary sweety Im so sorry!! I could feel how frantic you must have felt...But you held it together!

I will say a prayer to the Mother Goddess for Ra and you. I know He is with all his puppy friends up there running free and sniffing butts. Im sure He has his own special soccer ball that will never pop or go flat. :)

*hugs for you*
Thank you. I too have prayed to the Mother Goddess, she does hear us that's for sure. Yes, my boy's there, running free, sniffing butts, organizing the Motley Mutts Soccer Team and, you're right, he sure will have his own special soccer ball which will never pop or go flat:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you, those hugs and prayers are so appreciated.:) Seeing him suffer at the end was the hardest thing ever, before that he wasn't in pain, thank Mother Goddess. I will p.m. you that's so kind.:)

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm so sad for you, Mary, but relieved for Ra Kismet, as he surely was suffering. Poor dear. So nice that your partner stepped up and got you through, he's not such a bad guy, eh? Seems he really did love Rakins, too. I'll think of you and your boy every time I kick a ball for Brody.
Thank you. Rakins didn't suffer, well not until the seizures, he was such a plucky, game little fellow, that when his legs went he adjusted and 'found his balance'.

Have to say my partner did come up trumps and has even accepted a new baby gal coming peacefully. Yes, he did bond with Rakins and Rakins taught him some lessons he needed to learn!

Rakins will be coaching Brody, gotta make sure he get's his kicks just right;):)

MaryK

Honored Member
So sorry to hear Mary <3

I'm glad that Ra passed peacefully and I'm sure he's now up there with more soccer balls than he could poke a stick at!! and with Tigerlily too of course :love: .
Thank you. Yes his vets were wonderful, they ensured he was peaceful and he crossed with dignity.

Oh yes, he's probably bought the factory that makes them! And they won't pop on him either!:)