Post Your Pic!!

Evie

Experienced Member
I love Louis! He's so damn cute and he reminds me of my parents dog which I grew up with :p

Here's a picture of my gang!

On the left is Zeus and behind the cage (hiding from the camera) is Jo. The bunnies name is Jaffa and the mitten is Jasper annnnnnnnnnnnd of course Evie B is on the right. Tilly-mitten is MIA in this pic... too scared of the horses.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Nawwwww, they're both adorable :love:

And I struggle living in a normal house. I grew up on a farm..
Thank you.

You're really lucky. I've always been around animals, lots in the house. Anything from cats, dogs, mice, rats, fish but I've always wanted land so we could have horses. I hate living in the city.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I got a new camera today. Haven't exactly worked out how to make it work well but I got a couple of all right pics of Holly (she didn't like me taking pics of her today :cautious:) and Lewis:
What kind of camera did you get?

Your photos look great. I love the third one, Lewis looks like he is smiling at the camera. :love:

Honored Member
What kind of camera did you get?

Your photos look great. I love the third one, Lewis looks like he is smiling at the camera. :love:
It's a Canon 600D. :love:

It's my first dSLR and those were the shots I took with the charge that the camera came with (I was so disappointed when the battery ran out and I had to wait for it to charge again and by the time it had it was way to dark to take more photo's). So hopefully the photo's will get better as I learn more about photography :D

It was pretty funny when I bought the camera because I had already read up on photography a bit (I had to wait a week for my camera to be ordered in) but haven't actually used a dSLR before so I was talking to the camera shop guy (I told him I hadn't used a dSLR) and sounded like I knew what I was talking about. The camera guy set it all up for me (put the battery and memory card in and set the date etc - turns out he got the date wrong anyway), put it back in the box and then just as I was about to leave the camera guy says "wait, do you actually know how to change the lens?":eek:.......haha....... no :D .... I had never actually put a lens on a camera before :ROFLMAO: although I had seen it on youtube :LOL: so he got one of the display camera's out to show me :p

Anyway, I probably wont get the chance to take many photo's till the weekend now because it's too dark by the time I get home in the evening (it's autumn here) so I should be able to get some better pics then (y)

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
It's a Canon 600D. :love:

It's my first dSLR and those were the shots I took with the charge that the camera came with (I was so disappointed when the battery ran out and I had to wait for it to charge again and by the time it had it was way to dark to take more photo's). So hopefully the photo's will get better as I learn more about photography :D

It was pretty funny when I bought the camera because I had already read up on photography a bit (I had to wait a week for my camera to be ordered in) but haven't actually used a dSLR before so I was talking to the camera shop guy (I told him I hadn't used a dSLR) and sounded like I knew what I was talking about. The camera guy set it all up for me (put the battery and memory card in and set the date etc - turns out he got the date wrong anyway), put it back in the box and then just as I was about to leave the camera guy says "wait, do you actually know how to change the lens?":eek:.......haha....... no :D .... I had never actually put a lens on a camera before :ROFLMAO: although I had seen it on youtube :LOL: so he got one of the display camera's out to show me :p

Anyway, I probably wont get the chance to take many photo's till the weekend now because it's too dark by the time I get home in the evening (it's autumn here) so I should be able to get some better pics then (y)
You have the same camera as me! It's called the Canon Rebel T3i here in the US.

You sound like me! I had to wait until Christmas to get mine so I spent 3 months reading and watching youtube videos. It's my first dSLR as well, so I'm still a newbie to it. I love the 600d, great entry level dSLR. What lens are you using? Kit lens I'm assuming. I have the kit lens 18-55mm and 55-250mm.:) I'm rambling now so I'll shut up. I love talking photography. :ROFLMAO:

Honored Member
You have the same camera as me! It's called the Canon Rebel T3i here in the US.

You sound like me! I had to wait until Christmas to get mine so I spent 3 months reading and watching youtube videos. It's my first dSLR as well, so I'm still a newbie to it. I love the 600d, great entry level dSLR. What lens are you using? Kit lens I'm assuming. I have the kit lens 18-55mm and 55-250mm.:) I'm rambling now so I'll shut up. I love talking photography. :ROFLMAO:
Awesome :D

I was originally going to get a Nikon D3100 but when I got to the camera shop the guy talked me into considering the Canon 600D for various reasons. So I had to do more research to decide what to get and most reviews said the Canon 600D was similar to the Nikon D5200 but cheaper, I've visited the camera shop so many times now :LOL: .

Yeah, I just got the kit lens. I only got the 18-55mm (not the twin lens kit) because although the kit lenses are supposed to be good there are some specific areas of photography that I want to get into so I'll need different lenses for that. I just have to save some money so I can buy another lens (hopefully in one or two months). I also got a UV filter to protect the lens.
I see photography quickly becoming an expensive hobby for me :ninja:

I love talking photography too. Most of my friends couldn't even understand why I wanted a dSLR, but then they just use their phones as cameras most of the time :rolleyes:

Honored Member
Here's some new pics of Holly:

And Lewis:

My sisters rabbit, Bucky:

Our 18 year old cat, Acorn:

And I had a go at making an animated gif of Holly doing her weave poles. It was rather tricky to get as Holly wouldn't do the weave poles towards me (she can only do them away from me). So I had to set the camera up on a tri-pod, then have a 10second delay set, after the 10sec delay I had it set to take a burst of 10 frames. So I had to press the shutter release then get Holly down to the other end of the weave poles while counting down the 10seconds before sending her down the weave poles while running next to her :ninja: This also meant that the camera was focused on the background instead of on Holly. Anyway, here it is:

tylerthegiant

I would sell my soul to the devil for a DSLR! Okay, not really but it would be an understatement to say I REALLY want a new camera! Those pics are amazing!

Honored Member
I would sell my soul to the devil for a DSLR! Okay, not really but it would be an understatement to say I REALLY want a new camera! Those pics are amazing!
To be honest I don't think it's all about the camera.
I've only had my DSLR for a couple of weeks so all other photo's by me on this forum, except the ones on this page, were taken using a Sony Cybershot. An old Sony Cybershot (I think it's about 3 years old and has travelled with me, my sister and my parents at different times) with zoom buttons that no longer work (thanks to my sister) and when viewing pictures it randomly goes back to shooting mode and sometimes randomly moves between shooting modes without me turnoing the dial :cautious: . From what I've seen iPhones have a similar quality camera (maybe even better) to my Cybershot.

But I was/still am happy with all those photo's taken on the old Cybershot (eg, I still love the one I'm currently using as an avatar) and I'm going to take both camera's with me when I go on holiday at the end of June.

The trick is trying to take the pics in good light (eg, outside) and just taking a ton of pics.

Even before my DSLR I pretty much took photo's every single week (although most pics were rubbish and some weeks I'd only take a few pics).
I'm hoping that with practice and experience I can decrease the rubbish:good photo ratio but at the moment it is really high. eg, I filled my 8GB memory disk and only liked about 10 shots :whistle: good thing I'm the only one who has to look at all those terrible pics :ROFLMAO:
When I got the photo of our cat I had been rolling around on the floor for over an hour trying to get a good shot and from that hour I only like three shots enough to print them O_o.

So, yea, just play with what ever camera you have and take lots and lots of pics and you will eventually get one that you like (y) .

tylerthegiant

I used to have a Sony Cybershot, I liked it far more than my current camera. My ex-husband had a DSLR that I used when we were married it took far superior pics, no question about. I don't know a whole lot about cameras, but I know enough to know how important lighting is, lack of shake, and I always just click away, hoping to get one out of ten that I like, but I am just not as happy with my current camera as I have been with the ones I've used in the past. I have my eye on a camera at Costco but I can't afford it right now, I just drool.

For example, this is probably the best pic I've taken of JJ and it clearly does not compare with the pics you took of you crew, good light or not.