Post Your Pic!!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
To be honest I don't think it's all about the camera.
I've only had my DSLR for a couple of weeks so all other photo's by me on this forum, except the ones on this page, were taken using a Sony Cybershot
I completely agree. It's more about the person taking the photo than the camera itself. You have to have an eye for photography. Some people just have a talent for it and others don't. I've seen people take bad photos with a dslr and people take high quality beautiful photos with a iPhone.

You do have an eye for it! It's hard to believe that you took you're old photos with a point and shoot. You're photos are amazing, I love that you can find different angles for yours. My favorites are the first one of Holly, and the pictures of Lewis. (y)I like the gif of Holly weaving, I've always wanted to make gifs but it just seems time consuming.

tylerthegiant

Thanks Mr. Remington, your pics are amazing! And I have a major soft spot for Aussies, never met an Aussie I didn't like and they are so beautiful! If I liked exercise more I think I'd have one.

Now, although I agree with you both that camera quality has come so far today that even the cheaper cameras can capture great pics, I guarantee Mr. Remington, looking at your photos, that your camera is better than mine also, I can tell the difference. ;)

Honored Member
That's a really nice shot of JJ. I would imagine that sort of coat would be difficult to photograph anyway since it is dark and shiny.

Thanks Mr. Remington :X3:

The gif was really easy to make. I had 9 frames of her weaving so I just googled how to make a gif and there are a ton of websites where all you have to do is upload the images and select how fast you want it to move through the frames and it makes the gif for you.
The only thing that you will probably have to do is resize the images. My first couple of attempts failed because the images were too big for the gif-maker to handle. So I just put the photo's into "paint" and resized them to 25% of their original size (I just guessed how much to resize) and resaved them as new images so I still have the full size originals.

This is my old camera (except mine is silver and more worn :LOL: ):

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX1
10.2 mega pixels
5x optical zoom

My Dad bought it but I kind of adopted it off him because he rarely takes photo's. I thinks it's a pretty good camera. No complaints from me about it (although I haven't exactly used a lot of other camera's).

I've even gotten some pretty good pics of bee's using that camera (it's winter here so I can't even try to photographs of bees using my new camera). These are slightly cropped and it did take a lot of shots to get in-focus photo's ;) :

So you really can do a lot with a point and shoot camera (and it fits in pockets better :LOL:)

ETA: the picture of the cybershot camera didn't seem to paste properly so I attached it.

Attachments

tylerthegiant

That's a really nice shot of JJ. I would imagine that sort of coat would be difficult to photograph anyway since it is dark and shiny.
Thank you! Yes, it is hard to get get good shots of her. Lucas is the most photogenic, especially since he's such a goofball and always doing funny things to catch and he is so expressive with his face and body.

Like I love this pic of him just because it's so typical Lucas. My sister had packed up her above ground pool and Lucas didn't know what the heck that thing was. Anything, or any person who has something about them that he sees that he hasn't seen before, he approaches like this before he investigates, you just can't hear the barking in the photo.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I only have one dog, so it is good that he likes to get his picture taken!
531521_580916192931_1308292127_n.jpg 307018_577101452701_1959066480_n.jpg 205385_581764917081_1121292932_n.jpg 542884_576924512291_2091212101_n.jpg RiverAutumn.jpg
Since I love to take pictures of River so often, he has started to pose on his own and he will offer various ways of touching flowers such as with his nose, cheek, or forehead. He is such a ham! His freeze command (stay exactly how you are) comes in handy for photo shoots.

Attachments

southerngirl

Honored Member
I only have one dog, so it is good that he likes to get his picture taken!
View attachment 2596 View attachment 2594 View attachment 2595 View attachment 2597 View attachment 2599
Since I love to take pictures of River so often, he has started to pose on his own and he will offer various ways of touching flowers such as with his nose, cheek, or forehead. He is such a ham! His freeze command (stay exactly how you are) comes in handy for photo shoots.
I love the first one