Post Your Pic!!

Evie

Experienced Member
We'll have to bring you two down to Victor beach with us!! Evie and Ra and have a wonderful time playing with the waves and getting all sandy...

and yeah, Evie still only weighs 16-17kg. Hasn't changed for a couple of months so thinking she must be done growing now.

MaryK

Honored Member
That would be fantastic Evie. EvieB and Ra will have the time of their lives together and LOL sand will make a big change from mud:LOL: Victor has some lovely, safe beaches(y)

She's what 10 mths? She may 'spurt' a little more, though I doubt it, but that weight is the right weight for a Short haired BC. She's the picture of health that's for sure!

Freya, the little stray I took in, was only 12 K's when I found her and my vet said 17K's was the right weight to aim for. I got her up to that weight before the big fight. She was 8months old at the time. Now, OUCH her present owner (a very stubborn I'm always right man) has over fed and under exercised her and she's waaaaaaaaaaay to fat but he still maintains she was under weight when she went to live with him *sigh* he loves her and spoils her rotten but the weight issue does concern me. And his ex-wife unfortunately agrees, they both think that 'healthy' dogs should have 'weight' on them:((n)

Evie

Experienced Member
mmm, I hate seeing any over weight dogs. Especially labs who are still puppies. I know of one lab who is around the same age as Evie and is already looking like a tank :( I wish more people realised that over feeding/under exercising your dog is as bad for it's health as the opposite. On the plus side, Evie gets as much food as she wants. She only eats when she's hungry (eg. after hard exercise). Too easy :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Same here Evie. That's awful, a youngster already looking like a tank:( Saw a GS just recently, from the car, and nearly had a fit, the dog was OBLONG no waist at all, poor dog could hardly waddle along let alone run or even walk normally. It is and it's also harder to rectify once the dog/animal has become obese. Easier to feed up an underweight dog, unless it's way too under weight then it's vet treatment, drips etc.

You're lucky, I think though if Rakins was an 'only dog' or with another dog who didn't feel 'sharing' was perfectly o.k. he would be a bit more like Evie - except when it comes to fruit!

At present with all the click/treat he's just getting what's left over from the trick bag for his dinner. Have to watch Robert though, he will over feed and thinks Ra will never get fat:(

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Adorable pictures of Rakins :LOL: and my fav is of course, the last one with his paw draped over his soccer ball :love: He's so cute and very proud of his ball.

Really sweet picture of Hank, I love his coloring, and I'm a sucker for dogs all piled up and cuddled with each other. Too cute!

And I LOVE that picture of Evie on the beach! Just beautiful!! :love: We want to come to your playdate at the beach too, can we?? :cool: It's my pups' favorite place on earth - they asked me to beg you, pleeeez say they can come?, and Makena promised not to eat anyone!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh yes, Rakins is very proud of his ball that's for sure LOL if I allowed it inside, I swear I would not only be sharing my bed with Rakins (and the rest of the crew) but a soccer ball!:eek:

Isn't Hank just gorgeous:love: Same here love a 'pile of dogs':love: Just want to stroke that beautiful fur:love:

We loved to have you and Makena, if you refrain from eating anyone - big juicy steak for you:LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

Amateur

Experienced Member
I see your problem right there Mary ....

My camera is a pretty basic one, LOL otherwise I wouldn't manage any photos:( It's a SamsungES20 (in pink LOL my fav. color). I
It's pink. Good Lord Woman ... You cant take great photos with a Barbie Camera.

Listen to the partner and compromise ... Canon powershots are almost full proof and offer the chance for a few bells and whistles.

MaryK

Honored Member
I see your problem right there Mary ....

It's pink. Good Lord Woman ... You cant take great photos with a Barbie Camera.

Listen to the partner and compromise ... Canon powershots are almost full proof and offer the chance for a few bells and whistles.
Oh dear LOL partner bought me that camera:ROFLMAO: He's got, I think, a Cannon Powershots but if I touched HIS camera I be dead:eek: same doesn't apply to mine of course:rolleyes:. Plus not much use asking him for help either, he's not exactly the world's best teacher the famous Virgo patience doesn't seem to exist when it's comes to teaching:rolleyes::)

Looks like I'll have to buy myself a Christmas present, a new camera and keep the Barbie one for taking photos of him LOL when I can manage that, he's harder to take than the dogs:ROFLMAO:

LOL do Cannon Powershots come in pink:LOL:
Thank you for the tip, I do sincerely appreciate your help and will remedy the situation a.s.a.p.(y)

Dogster

Honored Member
I LOVE that pic of Evie on the beach!!!:love: Beautiful!!!:love::D

LOL Amateur:ROFLMAO: I agree with Amateur, Powershots are great. I have an s100, now I take great photos, LOL:D

Honored Member
Here's some pictures of Holly on a walk. Most days we spend half our walk on these gravel tracks where I let Holly off-leash before we go to the park where we sometimes see other dogs.
The tracks and park are part of the town belt but still have a lot of bird living in there that I get to listen while walking :) and I've seen some fantails before (they sometimes follow people).
Now that it's spring it's starting to stay light later so it will be more enjoyable and we'll probably be able to stay out later. And maybe get some better photos ;)

MaryK

Honored Member
Awwwwwwwwwwww! She's ADORABLE:love::love: What a lovely spot to be able to walk through. Love Fantails, they are do delightful, bet Molly just LOVES walking through that park area. She too can hear all the bird calls. And I LOVE the way she's looking back at you, so cute:love:

Oh yes, please post some more pics of Molly she's a grand model!

Dogster

Honored Member
:love: I LOVE those pics!!!! OMD, I want we to live there!!!!!!!! It's sooo beautiful!!!:love::D What are fantails?? Here we just have side walks and a couple of trees.:(

Honored Member
I think I'm lucky to have this forest area so close to my house especially since I live in a city and within walking distance of the city center. I can pretend I'm not in a city when we walk around these tracks.

Fantails are little birds.

I got this from wikipedia about their behaviour: "During waking hours the bird is almost never still. It flits from perch to perch, sometimes on the ground but mostly on the twigs of a tree or any other convenient object, looking out for flying insects. The birds are not shy, and will often flit within a few metres of people, especially in forested areas and suburban gardens. In doing so, it is able to catch any small flying insects that may have been disturbed by human activities such as walking or digging."

Attached is a picture off google images of a fantail.

Attachments

MaryK

Honored Member
I wouldn't mind living there either. Best of both worlds, city and country:love:(y)

Thank you for the photo and explanation of Fantails, they are so cute!