Meet Baby Boy

Discussion in 'Puppies' started by Sameeee, Aug 20, 2012.

1. mRae Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sammeeee, I will try that. She gets really excited when I touch her though. We will def work on the wait for treat. That would be fun for Aiden to practice with her. She learns really fast too,

2. MaryK Honored Member

Actually there is an easy way to teach 'lie down/drop' just hold a treat close to her nose and lower it down to the ground, just slightly in front, that way she will automatically lie down/drop. When she's completely down, reward with click/treat.

It's better than taking her legs out and down from the sit as some dogs do not like this being done to them.
    mRae likes this.
  3. Sameeee Well-Known Member

( Rocky ) = Rocky Road Ice Cream,
    and a little Nuttts

if you have seen Rocky Road Ice Cream, the Vanilla, Chocolate, and Carmel all swirled together that is how Rocky's colors look. and he is Sweet and a little Nuttt. lol
  4. MaryK Honored Member

That's GORGEOUS, he's such a sweetie too:love:
  5. Sameeee Well-Known Member

thanks MaryK that is a better way

I edited the last post and added Sweet too lol
    MaryK likes this.
  6. mRae Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mary, that is what I tried first, but she is such a low rider, she didn't go down. Maybe I need to just wait longer? She just stretched out in a low low sit. Should i click that and then keep working toward down? Maybe she will get tired of 'stretching' and lie down?
    MaryK likes this.
  7. mRae Well-Known Member

Somebody here got a new fleece dress for Christmas. She gets so cold!

Attached Files:

8. MaryK Honored Member

I would wait a little and keep asking for down, before click/treating her, otherwise she'll think that the low, low sit is what you want and keep giving you that instead of down. I wouldn't click/treat for that at all.

Maybe just take the treat a fraction further away - in front of her - so she has to really 'stretch'. That may get her all the way down. I haven't had this problem myself, all my dogs have been large/medium sizes, so gone down easily.
  9. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

So sweet mrae! Poesie got a pink sweater for Xmas too!
    MaryK likes this.
  10. mRae Well-Known Member

We have taken a little back step here. Lucca will pee on our walks, but does not want to poo on the leash. Ideas anybody?
    MaryK likes this.
  11. MaryK Honored Member

I had a German Shepherd the same. Maybe Lucca needs a little more 'sniffing time' and also (this may sound weird but it was the case with my GS) some 'privacy'. I found with my dog if I turned slightly away, then she'd poo for me.

Also does Lucca go for his walk straight after eating? He may have already done his business if he goes a while after eating and not need to go again, except to pee.