Meet Baby Boy

Sameeee

Hi All, Meet my new Baby Boy Shih Tzu, almost 5 weeks old so it will be 2 1/2 weeks before I can bring him home. An't he sweet? am counting the days until I can bring him home, the lady told me he had his first bath and grooming yesterday and did good. hope I can train him and have him in his full Shih Tzu glory, my Presious a 5 year old female hates to be groomed so she gets a short cut. looking forward to start all kinds of training with him. maybe some will rub off on Presious lol. will post more pics as I get them, in my profile pic is Presious 5 years old to the front, and Sissy Dog 8 years old to the back. I lost him to doggie cancer last December. had them both since they where 8 weeks old. hoping Baby Boy will be a good friend to Presious so she won't have to be alone.

Attachments

Sameeee

O I would only want Shih Tzus, Sissy Dog and Presious are full Shih Tzu ( my profile pic ) they are very smart. and can talk to you with their eyes. and understand everything you say. we are always together. except Sissy Dog RIP my wittle boy, am hoping BB will be good friends with Presious. hate her being the only one.
and yes I am counting the days till BB gets to come home. think the breeder is getting tired of me asking about him everyday and bugging her for pics so I can show him off lol

MaryK

Honored Member
Awwwwwwww he's so cute:) So he's official called BB? That's cute, you could make it BeeBee?

I think Shih Tzus are the cutest little dogs, met some at the Royal Show and they were so friendly:)

Sameeee

we picked a name for BB it's Rocky as in Rocky Road ice cream because of his coloring, got a few more pics, and he goes for his 1st vet visit the 1st. depending on how all goes at the vet I will be able to bring him home around the 7th. time has never gone so slow lol

Attachments

Dogster

Honored Member
Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love: How adorable!!!!!!!!:love: Very cute name, fits him perfectly!!!! yeah, minutes will seem like hours, LOL:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Cuteness overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love: Rocky is just adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love: Love the name, sure suits him:love:(y) On the waiting period and it doesn't get better either does it, each day seems like a week etc.

Sameeee

yes the breeder told me is very smart, he was the 1st to be born, 1st to escape out of the puppy box, loves to lay in your lap, gives kiss's, and hates bed time lol,

MaryK

Honored Member
yes the breeder told me is very smart, he was the 1st to be born, 1st to escape out of the puppy box, loves to lay in your lap, gives kiss's, and hates bed time lol,
LOL Zeus hated to go to bed too. He'd be almost asleep and literally shake his head to stay awake. How his sister Tiger Lily managed to sleep with him scrambling all over her, to this day, I'm not sure.

Rocky will be such a joy to you. As Ariel said, he's a DTA dog so he can only get smarter:D(y)

Sameeee

I think I have done all I can do getting ready for Rocky to come home,
got his bed box ready,
puppy proofed the house
new toys ( got some new toys for Precious and Max too lol )
puppy food
treats for training and well just to give him love lol
got the potty patch made ( for at night and when we are not home and can't take him out )
now to just sit and go CrAzY waiting for a call to come get my baby,

MaryK

Honored Member
Wow! Well Done!!!!!!!!!(y):) Young Rocky is going to be VERY happy in his new furever home! Glad Precious and Max got some new toys too, that way they'll realize they're also very much loved and special:love:
LOL I can just see you sitting there going CrAzY, counting down the days. Oh it's so exciting:D

Sameeee

lol just like when my kids where little could not buy for one had to buy for all lol
my furbabys are just like my kids. and act just like them too lol

MaryK

Honored Member
Totally understand where you're coming from Samee, haven't got any human kids, mine all have four paws oh and two legs for the bird. If I buy a toy for one, then I have to buy for them all:D

My four legged kids are my kids and LOL I forget not every knows this and talk about 'my boys' or 'my girls'(my cats) and they think I mean I have FIVE human kids:LOL:

Dogster

Honored Member
Sound like you're prepared!!!:) Another thing I think you should add to the list: a clicker. Clickers are FANTASTIC training tools that I think would really help with training your new puppy. Any Petsmart or Petco has box clickers, they're really cheap too. Personally, I find them too loud for small dogs, so I would put a bit of putty or something on it, to muffle the sound a bit. Pawtential (another member on this forum) also recommended these bug clickers http://www.amazon.com/US-Toy-Bug-Clickers/dp/B002LH9JCA for clikcer training your puppy. they make a really soft sound, so they're not hard on a puppy's ears, but they're effective.:) Here are some threads on clicker training, and different types of clickers:
http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/getting-started-with-a-clicker-for-newbies.5023/

http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/insect-bug-clickers.4959/#post-41919

http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/fun-question.4921/page-2#post-41690

http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/differences-in-4-common-clickers-video.4964/