I Think We Need A Thread On What Everyone Is Working On!

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Rocket and I are working on:

turning and backing through my legs
I am trying to get a distance back up but it's going slowly... I haven't been successful in finding clear help for this?... he does a very good back but conveying to him that I want him just to keep going on his own is somehow eluding me!
say your prayers
rear end awareness on a book -we just started this

trying to touch on a lot of gen. behaviors we'll need to get through a draft test in June, we need a lot of time :unsure:
so... stay, walking close, attention, recall, left and right turns, helping put on the harness, distractions with all of the above and then... soon...drumroll.... the cart. We'll see!

Zsu-Zsu

Zsu-Zsu just mastered the figure 8 between my legs.
She is working on standing on hind legs while walking forward, she does it ( few steps) but then starts jumping.
I am also working on hand signal for her to stop barking. So cute when she gets the signal she actually barks softly , lol
Love this thread, interesting to see what everyone is working on, thanks.

madeleine

Experienced Member
I have a spacifer yeaaah!

We did two sessions today, and at the end she would hold it for a few seconds without chewing, liking or throwing it out of her mouth (when holding something, or bringing something back she likes to chew on it). When she does this on a regular basis I slowly want to add the "hold it" command.
Connecting the name "spacifer" to the spacifer will come afther this. Since I want her to hold other items aswell and I would like her to be able to grabb the spacifer herself.

madeleine

Experienced Member
ooh I'm so proud off Dazzle. Tried one more session and she held the spacifer even longer then I would have thought and she even hold it while I asked her to lay down when she was sitting. Had to try it out. This goes well today!

MaryK

Honored Member
Fabulous work!!!!!!!!:D(y) Maybe you could use a target stick to help with the back between your legs, it would give you more 'space/distance'. Loved the way Diesel sat like a big, beautiful statue, he's doing so well on remaining quietly in the background:love:

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Fabulous work!!!!!!!!:D(y) Maybe you could use a target stick to help with the back between your legs, it would give you more 'space/distance'. Loved the way Diesel sat like a big, beautiful statue, he's doing so well on remaining quietly in the background:love:

OOOh yeah! Thank you so much! (about those tools...)

Thanks Dogster!