How To Train My Dog To Hug My Leg

sara

Staff member
I'm working on a video of EVERYTHING Oliver knows at this point in time (sorta to go with the trick list, except without things like move out of the way and stuff :) )so we're crazy busy with that right now. it's a TON of work getting all the clips edited and on Windows live... and then the darn clips get corrupted (a few at a time), so I have to do it again! Driving me BONKERS!!! I might have to save all the edited clips BACK to my computer, so I dont have to keep re-editing them... going to take awhile... and we're not even done filming the 80-odd tricks!

Dogster

Honored Member
LOL, it's taking me FOREVER to make a new video too!!!!:cautious: I just keep adding more tricks to the list:ROFLMAO: Haven't even started filming yet!!!!:oops:

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
No if i was a show off i'd mention Bella knows how to hug or clutch a stick, hug my arm and hug my leg lol heehee

southerngirl

Honored Member
LOL, it's taking me FOREVER to make a new video too!!!!:cautious: I just keep adding more tricks to the list:ROFLMAO: Haven't even started filming yet!!!!:oops:
Same with me!! I keep adding more because of everyone on DTA:ROFLMAO: . Skateboarding(oh I have to teach that) Hug my leg(gotta add that too). I don't see how people post so many videos cause I take forever and it doesn't help that I lost my video camera(note to self Stop loosing your video camera) so now I have to use my moms.

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
I think I'm gonna do them in parts, i've done a video of her first 39 tricks, then when she gets to 50 I'll film 40 - 50 and post that and then direct to first 39 and so on. That way the videos aren't too big and dont take forever to upload.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
We are visiting some family today and tried to get some footage of him practicing hug with the stick, in this case a broom since thats all they had. He is getting the hang of it, but he does better with my arm still. I'm hoping to get the broom/stick closer to my leg and get him to slowly but surly hug my leg, hopefully in the next few days.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
GREAT JOB with such a baby dog especially, Remi!!

<-----is still struggling to get Buddy to distinguish his "hold that beg, hold it...hold it.."
from "hug my leg"....:rolleyes:

cuz my dog is lousy at holding his beg, he really is, just falls over after only about 5 or 10 seconds..so we've worked on that for years....my thinking being, this ongoing efforts will help strengthen his muscles and help his balance, etc etc

Dogster

Honored Member
GREAT JOB with such a baby dog especially, Remi!!

<-----is still struggling to get Buddy to distinguish his "hold that beg, hold it...hold it.."
from "hug my leg"....:rolleyes:

cuz my dog is lousy at holding his beg, he really is, just falls over after only about 5 or 10 seconds..so we've worked on that for years....my thinking being, this ongoing efforts will help strengthen his muscles and help his balance, etc etc
Well, at least you started....:whistle:

huntyr

i started to teach this trick. The stick was hard for me, to juggle holding the stick, the clicker and the treats... so soon as he started to understand to "hug" the stick, I went with something a little "thicker" that would stand up on its own.
Suddenly he gravitated to his stuff toy. Wrapped his paw around it and "hugged" it...
OMG... you have no idea how many blue ribbons we have for "rat competitions" so to see him hug the rat is a riot...!
I am beggining to shape it so he is on his haunches hugging the rat but that is a taking a little longer...
hugRyko2.jpg