Hello

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WOAH, CUTE OVERLOAD! I just can not imagine how stoked and enamored you are, i bet you just stare at that pup alll day long!:ROFLMAO:

//"He's been fairly good, only a couple of accidents in the house but most of the time he asks to go out."//
This seems extraordinarily great, and you are probably really tuned into the baby dog to note his signals! YAY, AND WOW!
adorable video, squeal! just too cute!

DARN THE PHOTOBUCKET photos are NOT visible:( ...darn, please try again.

Yeah, the puppy nipping and biting sure can be challenging.
Here are some ideas to try, with focus on teaching/rewarding pup for what you DO want rather than reacting to what you don't want:
(Keep us posted, this isn't super easy, but, you can do it.)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"He also likes chewing wires, which in our house is a very bad thing to do."//

Yeah, i hear you there, bad for both pup's safety as well as your eletronics.
As much as possible, cover all wires with carpetting for now, and distract pup back over to his own toys to chew on.
The other option you can try is teach pup the cue "Leave It" and after pup totally understands "leave it" you can give hand cue by the wires, and give cue "leave it".
I taught both verbal cue AND hand cue for "leave it"

Here is kikopup teaching "leave it"
this is NOT how i taught "leave it" at all, but, this probably works too:
If this does not work for your pup, let me know, and i'll link to how i taught "leave it" to get my dog to stop eating poop.:rolleyes:

Kiko has THREE videos on "leave it". There is THIS ONE, her first video on "leave it"

and then below, are both of later video set, of TWO videos on how to teach "leave it" ALL HER VIDEOS ARE SHORT, QUICKIE, not a big time investment to watch at all.
Part One-Exercise one

Part Two--Exercise two

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WOAH, WOW, SOOOooo cuuute, i can not stand it! I love that golden strap marking across his chest, wow, looks like a native american war-paint marking, look out! ha ha!
or a golden "fur harness":LOL:

What a gorgeous looking dog, what a FACE!! squeal!

Looks like a lil honeybug, so cute. Now how many pounds will this dog be when full grown? How many pounds is he now? (as soon as i hit post, i'll probably see that is already stated somewhere!:LOL: )

salixfire

He was 8.2kg (18 pounds ish) on Saturday and the vet said she expects him to put on 1kg (2 pounds ish) a week for a while. :) Yes he's going to be a big boy. Thanks for all your lovely comments.

He's actually down most of the time. Unless he's sleeping on the sofa next to me, or on my partners lap if she sits on the floor :p

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
wow. an 18 pound baby!? wow...

//"He's actually down most of the time."//
liar, now cmon now Salix, no need to lie to us here, we'd understand you holding this baby dog all day long!!:ROFLMAO:

(just kidding.)

MaryK

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO: This post has been MOST entertaining, Tiger Lily you're PRICELESS - yes do watch those dust bunnies:confused:

SQUEALING SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SENSES IN OVER DRIVE WITH CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AW the puppies are BEYOND CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do stay around, LOVED your posts and SO HAPPY to see how well you've researched, wish more people would do that.

salixfire

Sorry I've been away for so long. Quite a few thing cropped up all at once and hence the disappearance. Thank you for all the kind comments. Mori has grown massively since those last photos. He's gotten much better with the biting now thankfully. He's completed a 6 week puppy course and is 4 weeks through a improvers course. We went to a fun day dog show on Sunday and he won 2nd place in the most handsome boy category which we are extremely happy with as there were 30 dogs in the ring.

He knows (though not completely proofed for all of them) sit, down, stand, touch (to hand working on other targets), loose lead walking (60% of the time), loose lead walking next to my wheelchair with me self propelling, paw, spin, twist, go through (hoop, tunnel, anything really :p ), into crate, manners for his food (still working on manners when we're eating), go behind (my wheelchair), leave it, paws up, off (sofa) and he does know wait and stay but has no patience yet. His recall is shoddy as he gets distracted by everything. Actually his main problem at the moment is that he gets distracted very easily and will ignore you for a while until he realises you were asking something at which point he guesses what you asked and performs that instead. It's quite amusing to watch but not really helpful.

A link to the photobucket album as there are too many photos to post: http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/salixfire/Mori Vetinari Tesla/

Dogster

Honored Member
You're back!!!!!:D Wow, Mori is HUGE!!!!!!:eek::D But still darn cute!!!!!:love: Glad to hear that he has learned so much!!! His ability to concentrate will improve over time.;) To help, I would teach him to focus on you in distracting environments (what I'm doing with Shivon):)

MaryK

Honored Member
Mori is GORGEOUS!:love: He'll improve with time and patience:D Is he an adolescent puppy? They always seem to be more easily distracted during that stage than when really young puppies.

MaryK

Honored Member
OMD!!!!!!!!! That last picture is soooooooooo like my dog Ra Kismet. He will lay in exactly the same way on my lap! Mori is CUTE CUTE CUTE:love::love: