Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by salixfire, May 2, 2012.

1. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Re: that litter of adorable puppies,
    it would take a pretty trained and observant eye to tell one from another at this stage, wouldn't it??
    And doesn't that 3rd photo look like that baby is smiling??
    and the new mom looks like SHE is smiling, too!!
    Dogster likes this.

2. salixfire Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links :) I'll have to take a trawl through them see if there are any that we think fit.

It does look like the pup is smiling. To me it looks like the mum is happy that it is all over. :p Currently they all look like squished puppies to me, but I bet the breeder can tell them apart as she's been breeding them for over 16 years. We can't wait, it'll be a few weeks before their personalities show through fully and by then we should be able to tell one from another (I hope).
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  3. tx_cowgirl Honored Member

Awww, Mom is soooo pretty! And all the pups are adorable. :D How exciting!!
  4. Anneke Honored Member

Oh my!!! Such cute babies!!!
    Hope there's one for you.
    I know how it feels to wait for a pup and then be told there is none for you. In our case it was a small litter with only three mails and one female. And since we wanted a female... We were second on the list, unfortunately.
  5. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Salixfire, do you have to come up with a Ch purebred registered name,
    as well as a 'pet' name?
    Do you have to choose TWO names?
    Dogster likes this.
  6. Snuggles Well-Known Member

Very Cute Puppies!!!
    Dogster likes this.
  7. salixfire Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'll be getting an input on it's KC registered name. Ch is a conformation championship title so it won't be having one of those for a bit :p Thanks all :)
    Dogster likes this.
  8. salixfire Well-Known Member

Sorry for disappearing for a while, been hectic here getting everything sorted. Slightly out of date but here's more photos of the pups at approx two weeks old. On Saturday they'll be 3 weeks old. Hope I'm not posting too many pics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I just love the next two pics
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A pic of their double dew claw on a their hind legs.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Snuggles Well-Known Member

They are SO cute!! THey have 2 declaws? WOW. Is that unusual? Loved the pics!! :)
    Dogster likes this.
  10. salixfire Well-Known Member

Quite a few breeds like Pyrenean Mountain Dog, Lundehunds, Icelandic Sheepdog, Anatolians, Estrela Mountain Dog all are known for them. These aren't the same as the normal dew claws that are just bits of flesh with claws that have a tendency of tearing, they're actually two little thumbs. :)
    Snuggles, Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  11. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

SQUEAL!!!!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!

//"i hope i am not posting too many pics"//
    IMPOSSIBLE!! MORE! MORE!!

Glad to see you back, i'm hoping the continued photographing of the pups indicates you did 'make the cut' for potential ownership of one of these too too cute babies??
    Dogster likes this.
  12. southerngirl Honored Member

AWW, they're sooo cute, I just love puppies:love: Here's some names. Also you can google dog names, or puppy names and find a bunch of names. I think picking out the perfect name for a dog is a lot of fun. Please keep posting pictures of the adorable little pups.
    Apollo, Aristotle, Gadget, Genius, Axle, Benji, Ebenezer, Rafael, Jethro, Julius, Casanova, Comet, Shakespear, Soprano
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  13. Dogster Honored Member

OMD!!!!! SOO CUUTE!!!! It must be puppy season!!!! Soo many cute puppies here at DTA!!!!:love::love:
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  14. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

Well when will you know if you can have one of the little darlins? Is it a waiting list or criteria based evaluation?
  15. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

oh Paw, so glad you asked, cuz i've been wondering too! This person just seems like she'd ROCK at being a dog owners, i so so so hope she gets one!!
    salixfire and Dogster like this.
  16. Dogster Honored Member

Ooooh!!!! I really do hope you get one!!!!:D Do you have your sights set on one in particular????
  17. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

<---wonders if the delay means Salix did not get a pup this time:oops:
    , OR,
    if it means Salix is now totally 100% busy with new baby dog:D and is also spending every waking moment doting on and admiring the ball of cuteness in her home.
    salixfire, dogcrazy and Dogster like this.
  18. salixfire Well-Known Member

Hehe, no we haven't got the dog yet unfortunately. We were away for a while getting all our travel commitments out of the way before getting the pup. There is a slight issue getting this this pup however. We were fourth on the list to get a pup and all of them chose a male pup. So we do have a male pup left but it means we get last pick which the breeder is iffy about doing as we want to train it as a service dog. However, her friend just confirmed that her bitch is pregnant and due before we have to say definitely if we're taking the first dog. Our breeder has asked her friend if she minds us having first pick of the boys when they arrive. So hopefully if this pup doesn't work out the next ones will. Also our crate arrived on Thursday so we're definitely getting there. I'm glad you think I would be a good owner Tigerlily, I always worry I won't be good enough, or that I'll forget something important. :)
  19. Snuggles Well-Known Member

I think you will be a GREAT owner. :)
    Dogster likes this.
  20. salixfire Well-Known Member

Some new pictures of the pups:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I just love this next picture:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also this weekend we are going to be meeting with the other breeder and her bitch who is due in approximately 3 weeks. :)
    Snuggles, tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.