Hello Everyone

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi Mary. The Komondor in question was a big, sloppy dog who carried a football in his mouth! The only risk to Todd would have been a risk of drowning through slobber!! :D

Our puppy classes only take them after they have had their innoculations so 11 weeks old will be the youngest. The courses are for 10 weeks and then they go on to stage 2 and continue (if needed) up to 12 months. Agility classes are from 12 months. Awh I bet Leaf and her Goldie friend were so cute at agility class. It sounds like Leaf had a bad start to her life too :( Court case??

Todd and Leah's vids should be open now ( I think he was around 9 weeks than). Leah entered Britains Got Talent and made it through to the second round. BGT contacted me to ask for videos so I closed everything that wasn't needed. Sorry! They are open again now. Do you realise with one typo we wont know if we are talking about my daughter or your daughter Mary! (Leah and Leaf lol!)

Todd is in the doghouse this evening. Took him to the beach today. He was very well behaved - except on one occasion when he became so engrossed in playing with a Yorkie and refused to come back when I called him - Can you imagine a puppy wanting to play rather than return to his boring owner? Disgraceful! :D

But the worst thing is he found a fish - a smelly, rotting fish - and proceeded to sit and nibble its tail, and then roll all over itl. He was absolutely stinking!! I heaved all the way on the journey home and never has a dog been dunked in the bath so quickly!! I don't know how many denti sticks he had tonight, in an effort to freshen his breath! Ugh!!

The growth palette you speak of is very interesting! The problem is I don't have anything to guage it against :( The nodules at the sides of Todd's knees are about the size of large frozen peas (I cant think of anything else of that size).

I will try to upload some pics of local walks we have been on over the past two days - just for you to see where we spend our days :D

Ooh Kassidy. I look forward to your updates about your new puppy :)

The Komondor sounds absolutely delightful, lovely to see a dog like that, he must have great humans. LOL hope Todd didn't drown in slobber:D

Very much like the sound of your puppy classes. Ours will only take them after their vaccinations, but do not continue on and last only four weeks. Then it's on to Adult Doggy School but in the junior classes. Full Agility is usually 12 months old, to ensure their skeletal and muscular development has matured. The 'mini' agility course in junior class is really to get their little minds thinking and working, not as a fore runner to full on Agility.

LOL they sure were cute and kept everyone in fits of laughter. Yes Leaf was also a rescue from an abusive environment but the full details are not made known, so I've had to 'guesstimate' some of what has happened to her from her reaction to different things happening in her life.

Congratulations to Leah! That's fantastic making it to second round in Britain's Got Talent, not easy to get through that's for sure. No hadn't realized how close their names were, will have to be careful as I'm the world's worst typist!

Am going to check the videos now, fingers crossed.

I know absolutely shocking! We humans are so darned boring compared with a fun playmate:rolleyes: Sounds like another young lady at her junior agility class:rolleyes: Oh dear, Todd has discovered the dubious delights of smelly fish! What is it about stinking, smelly fish which is so attractive to dogs??? Oh nothing like a drop of fishy breath, really isn't that what you always wanted? How could you be so unkind as to dunk him in a bath after all the trouble he went to to get that distinctive manly odor "Fishy Delights":D

Todd reminds me of a beautiful Golden Lab I used to walk for an elderly lady. This chap delighted in finding the dirtiest, most stinking water you could imagine! Then he'd wallow for ages, refuse to come out (and one lot I sure wasn't going in heaven only knows what had died in that water) until he was covered in gunk and stank like a Skunk. The worst part was, to get him home I had to walk through the main shopping center, with all it's street cafes etc. I did try to 'disown' him but he was such a friendly chap it was just impossible! I also had to hose him before returning him to his dotting owner!

Sounds like Todd still has quite a bit of growing to do, he's going to be probably top end of height for a BC boy.

Blossom is still growing lengthwise, but there is a move upwards as well. My partner keeps saying she's out of proportion, her head is too tiny for her body! I think she's beautiful, her own individual self. And besides she was always going to be 'interesting' with a cross like hers. I've some new photos of her, just got to find the time to resize them. Then I'll upload to her profile page.

Looking forward to seeing the walks you take, I know I'll be jealous I miss the British countryside so much!

MaryK

Honored Member
Awwwwwwwwwwww the videos are so cute and Leah's doing a fantastic job training young Todd. She's a natural dog trainer that's for sure. Todd is really smart too, he's doing so well! Love the way he chases after his ball. Blossom love her ball too, or anything else rolled along for her to chase.

Getting Todd to go under the stool is a very good idea, that will also help when he's out and about, you just never know what he may need to do and nothing worse than a dog who baulks at things like going 'under' something.

Had a look at his growth Patella, I could see it quite clearly when he had his paw on the stool, and he's going to be a biggish boy but not over the top huge! A Lovely sized, beautiful BC:D

running_dog

Honored Member
Looking forward to seeing his videos. Please don't use 'private', cannot think which one it is on YouTube, it's the one I always use, it's not public or private but the other one. That way they'll show up here but not be seen all over YouTube.
You are thinking of "Unlisted" :cool:

running_dog

Honored Member
But the worst thing is he found a fish - a smelly, rotting fish - and proceeded to sit and nibble its tail, and then roll all over itl. He was absolutely stinking!! I heaved all the way on the journey home and never has a dog been dunked in the bath so quickly!! I don't know how many denti sticks he had tonight, in an effort to freshen his breath! Ugh!!
LOL.

Zac rarely rolls but he once in a while he rolls in fish, there is one part of fish, it looks like a fluid filled sack, maybe the swim bladder? that really stinks if the dog manages to burst it.

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL.

Zac rarely rolls but he once in a while he rolls in fish, there is one part of fish, it looks like a fluid filled sack, maybe the swim bladder? that really stinks if the dog manages to burst it.
Leaf's not too bad, just the odd stinky roll. Wondering what Ms. Blossom will be like though, she seems to like stinky Apricots, over ripe fallen off the tree! She's often sporting a leg or two covered in gooey, sticky, stinky, over ripe Apricot!

stdpoodad

Experienced Member
Wow! Mary That's is so helpful. It is going to take me a while to get through it all but WOW! You have definitely given me some food for thought :) When I say I take Todd for a 50 min walk, he is not walking all the time HONEST! Lol! I usually walk to a friends home, stopping every 10 mins or so for a rest. And the same on the return walk.

I am loving the idea of home made agility course. My 13 year old daughter will be so helpful (and it woill give her some quality time with Todd too)

I am hoping to get some information from the Vet tomorrow re Puppy Classes in our area. I am definitely going to sign up for that.

I introduced a clicker yesterday. Todd seems to be taking to it. He has learnt to retrieve a ball now t - or not. One question is when Todd has learnt a trick do I still need to give him a treat EVERY time he does it or can I only treat every now and again? I don't want to confuse him.s
I'm not Mary or rd, but once Todd consistently (a in pretty much all the time), can be cued to do something, you don't want to treat every single time. It's called variable reinforcement and it makes the treat much more valuable cause Todd won't know when it's coming, but when it does....woo hoo!