Fourth Of July Fun!!! Lets Dye Our Dogs Red, White, And Blue!!!

Dice Smith

So for the fourth of July I have decided to dye one of Kodi's legs red and the other one blue and leave his chest white. I was told to use food coloring because its safer than other doggy coloring dyes, however if any of you guys have heard differently please let me know. And I was thinking it would be super cool if a bunch of other dog people dyed their dogs red, white and blue too. :ROFLMAO: And then we can post the pics here on this thread for everyone to giggle at. :p And if your dog is too dark to dye go all out and decorate them as festively as you can! Who's with me on this?

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hmm I might try this I'll either do all her paws since they're white or her chest, possibly both. I hope others will do it I think it will look really cool. Great Idea.(y)

Dice Smith

Hmm I might try this I'll either do all her paws since they're white or her chest, possibly both. I hope others will do it I think it will look really cool. Great Idea.(y)
Yay!!! She'll look so cute! I look forward to seeing pics of her :D And I hope more people do it too. :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I just put a decorative bandana on Buddybuddy for most holidays,
and if i currently have a camera, a hat or a headband with antenna-thingies bobbling around just for the photo....:ROFLMAO:
(except Halloween, and Buddy does have a costume, which is a punkin suit, which he does not like very much,(n) but he is tooooo cute in it...:love:

rofl, i never even let my human children drink koolaid and avoided letting them have food colors as much as possible! i was a food nazi for them the way i am for my dog, rofl! but my kids both grew up to be athletic, incredibly fit and healthy, veggie-loving humans, so i guess it worked out.
.....edit, just remembering now, about how careful i was about my kids nutrition, i just recalled, neither of my kids tasted candy til they were about 5 years old!! I wanted to guide their tastebuds to think tangerines and pears and bananas WERE candy,:LOL: etc etc. I am still not sure if either one has ever tasted koolaid YET!:ROFLMAO: rofl!

ANYWAY, DO POST PHOTOS!!
AND HAVE A GREAT 4TH!!!

HERE IS GOOD 4TH OF JULY TRICK TO WORK ON, TOO!! (or for Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, President's Day, MartinLutherKing Day, and Labor Day, etc)

Dice Smith

What? omg I can't believe you guys don't like or can't have koolaid lol O_o my mom let us drink koolaid ( though not all the time lol) when I was younger. Pop was a definite no no and only for special occasions. She gave up on making us eat vegetables long ago. If only you guys knew the story of my sister and the green bean.... :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :p

southerngirl

Honored Member
I like koolaid my mom just won't buy it though I do drink it at my friends house:whistle:. Even at 17 almost 18 my mom still makes me eat my vegetables :( She'll probably still bug me about it when I move out.:rolleyes:

Dice Smith

hee hee now that sounds like my mom lol. :ROFLMAO: I'm 20 and she still bugs me about things like making sure I drink enough water and staying hydrated and wearing sunscreen in the pool and stuff. Moms :rolleyes: :love: I know when I move out my mom will probably still bug me about it too lol. I'll probably get texts throughout the day of her reminiding me things lol. :LOL:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
i love moms who are brave enough to ban crapola from their kitchens, and raise veggie-eating children! YESssss!!!!

//"my mom let us drink koolaid...... ----->..She gave up on making us eat vegetables long ago. "//

see, i kind of think there is the possibility, of a connection there, that if a child is exposed to sugary tastes too soon, it makes asparagus seem yucky. Tastebud habits and preferences are set up early in life.

i never ever ever made my kids eat veggies,
i never ever forced either child to ever eat one thing they didn't want to eat, (unless it was medicine maybe)
but,
if you do not keep crapola food in the house at all,
and offer appealing displays of veggies, every day,
and if your child sees you eating veggies every day,
sooner or later,
the child will eat the veggies.
but, if there is a bag of chips next to the veggies,:cry: you've pretty much squashed out the chance the child will choose the broccoli, or develop any love for the broccolli.

i just never ever bought crappy foods, never had them in the house. simple!:D NO arguments, no nagging, no worries, my kitchen just had no crapola in it ever.

One nice thing about raising dogs, is, most dogs are not too fussy about what they eat, it seems!! DOGS will mostly eat what they are supposed to be eating....unlike humans.

and now, back to our regularly scheduled '0ff-topic' topic, dogs with food color on them!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
btw, just the other day, i saw something about dying dogs with food color + vegetable oil, and "they said" it was safe...i guess it depends on whether or not the dog WOULD lick it off,
or would not...??

probably you'd have to walk the dog while his fur dried....my dog always tries to lick himself all over if he is wet with anything...water, just shampooed, just went swimming, whatever.

whenever i bathe Buddy, i walk him while he dries, to reduce any chance he will lick bits of shampoo off of himself...

southerngirl

Honored Member
Moms gotta love em:love::rolleyes::giggle:
Now back to fourth of July. Anyone have any ideas to which would come out of the dogs fur easier(food coloring or koolaid)? Also which is cheaper I'm thinking the koolaid would be. I'm going to walk Missy to get it to dry cause other words she would like it off.
Here are some Red white and blue dogs.

Dice Smith

i love moms who are brave enough to ban crapola from their kitchens, and raise veggie-eating children! YESssss!!!!

//"my mom let us drink koolaid...... ----->..She gave up on making us eat vegetables long ago. "//

see, i kind of think there is the possibility, of a connection there, that if a child is exposed to sugary tastes too soon, it makes asparagus seem yucky. Tastebud habits and preferences are set up early in life.

i never ever ever made my kids eat veggies,
i never ever forced either child to ever eat one thing they didn't want to eat, (unless it was medicine maybe)
but,
if you do not keep crapola food in the house at all,
and offer appealing displays of veggies, every day,
and if your child sees you eating veggies every day,
sooner or later,
the child will eat the veggies.
but, if there is a bag of chips next to the veggies,:cry: you've pretty much squashed out the chance the child will choose the broccoli, or develop any love for the broccolli.

i just never ever bought crappy foods, never had them in the house. simple!:D NO arguments, no nagging, no worries, my kitchen just had no crapola in it ever.

One nice thing about raising dogs, is, most dogs are not too fussy about what they eat, it seems!! DOGS will mostly eat what they are supposed to be eating....unlike humans.

and now, back to our regularly scheduled '0ff-topic' topic, dogs with food color on them!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
//DOGS will mostly eat what they are supposed to be eating.....unlike humans.//
Hahaha, oh Tigerlily you need to meet my dog! Kodi refuses to eat absolutely ALL vegetables. All of them! Fruit too! He either refuses to eat them or takes the food and hides it somewhere pretending he ate it lol. :LOL: One time my mom tried to get him to eat a green bean. She handed it to him, he took it, made a disgusted face and spit it back at her! The bean landed on her foot and we couldn't stop laughing!!! :ROFLMAO: I'm pretty sure he learned his bad eating habits from me. :oops: He's a total copycat! :D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"Kodi refuses to eat absolutely ALL vegetables"//

Reasonable people can debate and disagree whether or not dogs are supposed to be eating vegetables or fruits.
There is no question that you, Dice, should eat fruits and vegetables, but, it's debatable whether or not Kodi truly need fruits and vegetables.

Everyone agrees dogs ARE supposed to eat meat.
I bet, you never ever have trouble getting Kodi to eat meat,
(the way you might have trouble getting your little brother to eat asparagus.:LOL: )

I do give my dog some veggies,and a rare bit of fruit (no citrus).
My dog often prefers WARM veggies, and cold veggies are big turn off to him.
Over time, he grew to accept room temp veggies,
but to this day, he rarely accepts a COLD veggie, ever.
Warm cooked veggies are VERY well liked by buddy, but not cold veggies.

It was the same way for fish, and eggs. (my dog refuses raw eggs usually).
buddy wont' eat fish or cooked eggs if they are NOT warm.
for real, room temp or cold, nope, but warm, YES!
overtime,
after eating warm fish and warm eggs, Buddy then began to accept room temp fish or eggs,
and occasionally will now accept almost cold fish or eggs.