Facebook Pages :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Wow! Thanks a million Dogster that's awesome that you figured all that out yourself(y)(y)(y)

I just may take you up on the offer to make a background using my boys - PROVIDED you put on it that the background was created by yourself. I will not take credit for something I didn't do! And link to your site. Who knows could be the start of a whole money making career for you.

I could follow your steps but time isn't always on my side:( FaceBook tends, like YouTube, to defeat me at present:(

MaryK

Honored Member
I use paint shop pro or photoshop for those kind of things. But... it took me quite some time to get familiar with paint shop(like 3 years of online lessons and forums) and i'm still strunggling with photoshop.

Anyway, i don't have a facebookpage for my dogs, just my own.
https://www.facebook.com/anneke.roozeboom
I find paintshop the easiest, but I did originally learn on that program. But lost a lot of masks, tubes, graphics you name it, when the old computer crashed big time. Got a bit disheartened, plus time and work took over.

Also don't mind Adobe but not keen on Corel. Haven't used Micro soft at all, not sure how I will go with it.

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL, I was planning on using photoshop, or something like that, but it was just too complicated.
That's the program I am most familiar with it BUT I did learn on it originally from an expert graphic designer, so I guess that helps:D Once you get used to it, it's really not that hard, like everything else I guess, but it is a program you need help on at first.

Even my partner (who always knows everything) has actually ASKED ME for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogster

Honored Member
Wow! Thanks a million Dogster that's awesome that you figured all that out yourself(y)(y)(y)

I just may take you up on the offer to make a background using my boys - PROVIDED you put on it that the background was created by yourself. I will not take credit for something I didn't do! And link to your site. Who knows could be the start of a whole money making career for you.

I could follow your steps but time isn't always on my side:( FaceBook tends, like YouTube, to defeat me at present:(
Just need a pic of your boys.:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Dogster you're a gem!:love: :love: Were do you want me to upload pics of the boys? Any particular size pixel wise? .jpg format of course. Rather like the one of Ra Kismet with his paw on the soccer ball. Is that one good enough? Background though is a bit crappy, maybe that could be cut? I have somewhere a good head shot of Zeus, I think, will look that out - hopefully not lost when the old computer crashed, still sorting things out, slowly bit by bit.

May be have to upload tomorrow, weekend so on 'share' with this computer where all the pics are. Also want to upload my latest pics, which I took yesterday despite the weather, to the computer. There just may be a decent one of Ra Kismet among them all. Zeus didn't show for the photo sessions LOL YIKES MUD, RAIN HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Dogster

Honored Member
You can send me the pics as a private message if you want, or you could post them anywhere, I'll just copy-paste.;) Yes, the soccer ball one is great!! What else would you like on it?

MaryK

Honored Member
Will do Dogster p.m. you with them. Will have to wait three days because I'm almost over the down/up load limit (cannot stand this stupid ISP I am NOT guilty didn't choose them - (points finger of blame at partner) and if I uploaded any photos that would tip me over the edge. Which means I'm then on slower than a snail with a handicap, or in any pages with a lot of graphics, they just don't load at all.:(:mad: As I also work on line this is a real pain, especially when my business site gets 'stuck' half way through loading:(:mad:

I think that one would also be good on the banner heading, am still thinking of a good title for the page - any thoughts? It will feature of course the two dogs with a bit on side from my cats. So far, "Ra Kismet Bends It Like Beckham With his friends (sub heading). Ra Kismet and Friends -

I'll leave it up to you, you're great and I trust you:D Still trying to find the good head shot of Zeus, certain I have seen it somewhere, he's wearing his bandana and looks so cute:D

MaryK

Honored Member
Great Pages (y):love: Ra Kismet will have one soon, just waiting for our broadband speed to return:rolleyes: Be put on the snail speed, went over our limit:mad:

MaryK

Honored Member
Just need Zeus' pic to finish the background!!!(y)
Great Dogster, still hunting for the best pic, seems to have 'vanished' LOL partner transferred everything over and now it's a really biblical system 'seek and with some luck you may just find'. Will pm it to you as soon as I can find it. It not will try to get Zeus to stop snoring and take another pic:LOL::rolleyes: We're almost at the end of snail time too, Sept 1 my time WOWEE back to normal broadband speed!

MaryK

Honored Member
Here's Ra Kismet and Friends Face Book page. Thank you so much Dogster - it looks awesome!:love::love:(y) Still have to get the fantastic font Dogster found to work, haven't got that figured out yet, it's bend_it - really appropriate for Ra Kismet! Little soccer balls in the letters so cute(y) Plus work out exactly what I'm doing:eek:O_o:rolleyes: ! Have to also add more photos.

Any advice on settings - like should others be allowed to post etc.? would be appreciated.:)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ra-Kismet-And-Friends/201138410017118

Dogster

Honored Member
LOVE the page!!!!:love:(y) I think you should make it completely public since it is a page. So you can let other people post and share, stuff like that. I don't think it will effect your privacy settings though.:)

sara

Staff member
I'll apologize for this, I just cant help it! Look at the word in red...

LOVE the page!!!!:love:(y) I think you should make it completely public since it is a page. So you can let other people post and share, stuff like that. I don't think it will effect your privacy settings though.:)
I`m just trying to help you be successful in your coming year at school... it`s really NOT because bad grammar usage drives me bat s*** crazy....

sara

Staff member
Maybe I should be supermoderator who is also the Grammar Police.... Be careful, very, very careful! one trophy taken away for every wrong usage of your/you're, they're/their/there... tee hee

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks Dogster, will check the settings but think that's what they are already on. I left them 'as is':)