Facebook Pages :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by Dogster, Aug 23, 2012.

1. MaryK Honored Member

Cor me mum nevver taught me all that propper stuff youse nose how it is but she did tell me the bleeding rozzers would be after me if I didn't change me ways!:ROFLMAO: Didn't get to go to one of dem fancy school neither, didn't go to school aktually:ROFLMAO: Need a thread on duh Queens English, rite propper mess I be makin of it!

LOL I too noticed the slight slip:LOL: it's the same with 'may I' and 'can I'. When someone says 'can they.....' instead of 'may I.....' I'm always tempted to ask 'are they able to.......".
    Dogster likes this.

2. sara Moderator

oh and fyi... I AM just joking, incase anyone actually thinks I'm that big of a nit picky nerd... LOL
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  3. sara Moderator

Ha ha ha I didn't understand half of that... translation please? ha ha ha
  4. jackienmutts Honored Member

How did I miss this whole thread?? :oops::LOL: Love everyone's pages!! (y):love: I'm with you Sara, mine have none, I can barely keep up with email, don't need to sit on FB too. *sigh*
  5. sara Moderator

That's one that I never notice. "Can I" has become so common, that it's mostly acceptable.

You know what's funny. Canadian slang, well, with the exception of Maritimers and Newfies, is very boring compared to English, Scottish, Irish, Australian and Southern USA slang. You will actually be able to understand everything I write as we talk...
  6. jackienmutts Honored Member

You guys are nuts!!! :D:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  7. sara Moderator

I've never been huge into FB anyway, though I spend more time on FB than I used to due to my sister giving me a Niece or Nephew in the next few weeks... I'm still not making my dogs a page LOL
  8. MaryK Honored Member

Translation from English into Canadian:ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond her control, my Mother was not able to teach me to speak correctly, nor was she able to send me to a Public (Private elsewhere other than the U.K.) School. On the odd days I did attend school it was just a mere comprehensive one, where English was not really an issue, any more than maths, spelling and other such academic subjects. I was not really of a mind to attend anyway and spent many, many days playing truant from school. My favorite place being the pool hall, where I received a quite different form of education, guaranteed to set me on the wrong side of the tracks.

The result of all this misspent youth was a complete and utter failure to grasp even the most rudimentary basics of the English Language.

The only advice and help I received was to mend my ways, otherwise the lovely gentlemen of the British Police Force would come after me, armed no doubt with batons, to arrange free accommodation at Her Majesty's Hotel, Wormwood Scrubs. (A prison in the U.K. for anyone who needs to know).

I do sincerely apologize for de-railing this thread.
    Dogster likes this.
  9. sara Moderator

Hey, I started it! LOL

LOVE the translation!!!
  10. MaryK Honored Member

I think the reason I notice it so much stems back to my school days. I was about 7'ish and straight after the relevant English lesson on "may I" "can I" I asked the teacher "can I go down the street" OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her look was enough to cause me to remember that lesson for the rest of my life!

If you like I do know Cockney Rhyming Slang, well most of it, even though I am NOT a Cockney:D That would confuse you I fearO_o
    Dogster likes this.
  11. jackienmutts Honored Member

I feel like I should be in a pub. Sitting here cracking up laughing!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :cool: Beer please!!! :ROFLMAO:
  12. sara Moderator

mmmmmmmmmn beeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr Crack one for me too!!
  13. MaryK Honored Member

The Craic and the Guiness, good Irish Pub Fare!!!!!!!!!!!! All we need now is a fiddle, a song and a dance:ROFLMAO: Salante (sorry no acute on this keyboard, means 'to your good health') Bottoms Up!
    Dogster likes this.
  14. southerngirl Honored Member

You guys are hilarious!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  15. Puppylove Well-Known Member

16. Puppylove Well-Known Member

All these new Facebook Pages to "Like"... I love it! :D
    Dogster likes this.
  17. Dogster Honored Member

Whoops!!!:oops::whistle: Can't believe I missed that, thanks Sara, LOL:p I am usually good with grammer.... I dont lik 2 uze da chat slang wordz... Just messing with ya, Sara!!!:p:ROFLMAO: Now I will start triple checking my posts:sneaky: No more mistakes for me!!!:sneaky:!

I'll take one non-alchoholic beverage, please!!!:ROFLMAO: [IMG]
    MaryK likes this.
  18. bekah1001 Honored Member

I dont have one but I think they are developing a facebook for dogs. I can see why :ROFLMAO:
  19. Dogster Honored Member

20. bekah1001 Honored Member

Omg LOL I didnt know they had it