Whaddya Think Of Morkies?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO: ha ha, i hear some "dog hunger" there!! OH, i know that feeling!! KEEP US POSTED!! And good luck!

Make sure this dog is friendly to unknown dogs, (try to observe this yourself, not just take word on it)
and is not a shy dog. (is happy to let unknown humans touch him).

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
Yes yes. I mean, I barely remember getting Buddy, since I was so young, plus it was almost 6 whole years ago...
Definitely, we know NOTHING about this dog.
We (My mom and I) kept asking my sister all these questions and shes like "I dont know anything!!!''

Ive already told my mom when she's shopping for the new dog she has to get buddy everything she buys for Molly.

New toy for Molly, new toy for Buddy. New bed for molly, new bed for bud

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
Yeah!!!!! We're keeping the name the same. Can't wait to shop for toys! Wow, now I get to shop for two dogs!!! (More money outta my wallet O___0) Ha, I should say out of my mom's wallet *teehee*

I wish friday would come... So impatient...

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Nine is young for a small dog! Is nice age for a small dog!!
Btw, you CAN easily change a dog's name, the dog doesn't care in the slightest,:ROFLMAO: at all. I changed my dog's name, which, was just some name the dog pound had given him anyway.

SO IS THIS FOR SURE, THEN?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"Can't wait to shop for toys! Wow, now I get to shop for two dogs!!! (More money outta my wallet O___0) "//

do look over yard sales,
garage sales,
and goodwill stores and other types of second hand stores for cheap toys.
I get bags chockful of toys, for about 50 cents each. sometimes the tiny toys are only a dime. My dog loves itty bitty teeny tiny toys, too. He nuzzles them and seems to be pretending he is their mom.:ROFLMAO:

My dog LOVES second hand toys!!
who knows? the toys may even have interesting scents already on them. I buy entire bags full of toys,
and hide the bag away, and on a rainy day, or boring day, or when he has done something fabulous, i can give him a new toy.

PS, DON'T FORGET it's fun to name a toy the moment you give the dog a new toy: http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/naming-new-toys-as-they-are-introduced-to-dog.4245/

Dogster

Honored Member
Nine is young for a small dog! Is nice age for a small dog!!
Btw, you CAN easily change a dog's name, the dog doesn't care in the slightest,:ROFLMAO: at all. I changed my dog's name, which, was just some name the dog pound had given him anyway.

SO IS THIS FOR SURE, THEN?
I'm curious, what was Buddy's name at the dog pound???

LOL, I didn't change Shivon's name she got at the humane society. Just the spelling, hehe.:giggle: Sioban Shivon(y)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Buddy was "Brody" at the dog pound, but, they just picked that name. they had no idea what his name was, if any.
we didn't pick Buddy cuz it sounds like Brody, we picked Buddy cuz my guy liked that name, and i was just trying to get my guy to go along with getting a new dog, (cuz he didn't want to go through a dog dying again, cuz it took the air out of him). Turns out, my guy, who had to be about arm-twisted to get new dog, is wrapped around Buddy's claw...just crazy gagga nutz about Buddy, just adores that dog to pieces...

Lol, i had list of like, 10 dog names i liked, but no one liked my dog names!!:ROFLMAO:
HOwever, the vet just about rolled his eyes when he asked us the dog's name....his face was like "nah, for real, what'd you name the dog??!! Buddy? Are you kidding me? Why not just call him Fido or Spot?" Now, the vet didn't say those words, but, his eyes did!!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

oh well, Buddy is a fine dog, even if he has a lame name...:LOL::rolleyes:

where did you get name "Shivon", Dogster? I love the sound of it. Now THAT'S a fine dog name!! Way more classy and interesting than "Buddy"!!

Dogster

Honored Member
That's her shelter name.:cautious: I really liked it, but we were all pronouncing it wrong, cuz it was spelled Sioban:rolleyes: So I just changed the spelling. My parents didn't like her name at first, but they dog used to it. :sneaky::D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
btw, Molly IS a fine name, seems a good name for a Morkie!!

Chloe----If you named dog Mindy, then it could be almost like "Mork & MIndy" show,:ROFLMAO: which is so so old of tv show about some alien, that you have no idea what i mean.
ah nevermind, i forgot, Molly is thought to be a Bichon, right? Cute dogs!

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
Yes, this is for sure :)
My Buddy's name used to be Todd. Ikr? Random.

Haha, Buddy's best friends name is Brody! (he's a golden retriever)

Molly is a cute name. And, we don't know if she is a Bichon or if she's a Morkie.

She has kinda curly hair, so thats why we think shes a Bichon.

Dogster, thats the same with my sisters dog Noah. My mom HATED the name noah. Funny story actually. When my sis first got Noah, everyone but my sis wanted to name the dog Buddy.
She wanted noah, and my mom was like ''whatever... not my dog...''

Well, when we got our own dog, bam, my mom got her wish. A dog named Buddy.
Plus Buddy isn't a good name for a rottweiler, right?

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
Really, nine is young for a small dog? Wow, shows what I know... :)

I named Buddy's first toy. It is a orange dinosaur with purple horns. We named it Dino. Ironic I know. :)

Can't wait for friday to come, I've already set Mollys pic as the screensaver for my phone :D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH THIS IS FOR SURE!! OH WOW!! WOW, THAT IS SUPER EXCITING, CHLOE!!! :D:D:D

POST PICTURES!!!??? I'm so stoked to find someone who is giving a mature dog a chance, i love "ready to go" dogs!! Yes, smaller dogs live lots longer than big dogs, so 9 is still great age for small dog!! Still in her wonder years.
so so many ppl go for puppies, but, the more i read the threads by puppy owners, O_o the more convinced i could not ever do a puppy anymore...

super exciting!! So Molly is not 100% known what breed for sure, is that right?? Makes it all the more fun, imo!!!!
I was looking at Morkies and and at Bichon Frises, they dooo look a lot alike to me :rolleyes: anyway!!

Chloe, sorry i was crackin on my dog's name, i forgot it is also your dog's name! I do like it fine, i just like to tease around about it. My favorite thing is when some stranger loves my dog, "Heya buddy, how ya doin? What's the dog's name?":ROFLMAO: Makes the ppl feel like they are psychics or something!!:ROFLMAO:

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
southerngirl, no, buddy and molly have not met yet, that should be exciting! :) I think Buddy will do good with her.

tigerlily, Yes it is for sure! We went to the store today and got her a blinged out pink collar and matching leash. All we have to do tomorrow is pick her up and get her a bed n' stuff.

Tomorrow as soon as my mom gets off work at 4!

"Hey, buddy! What's his name?" That's definitely happened to me before. :) Oh, its fine, I didn't mind at all :)

I wanna get a cute pic of the new brother and sis together tomorrow. Can't wait to put up a new profile pic.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
TODAY IS THE DAY!!! YESsssssssss!!!
Can't wait for pictures!!!
And you have made sure this dog is not shy to humans and does get on well with other dogs, right? Hope the two dogs get on well together!! I bet they will!
KEEP US POSTED!!

also, remember, an adult dog NEW to a home, can sometimes "lie low" for several days to a few weeks, cuz they are overwhelmed....all the new smells, new sights, new rules, new humans, etc. Sometimes adult dogs, even though perfectly potty trained, can have accidents those first few days, from nerves, and may need more frequent outings those first days til they learn "where the bathroom is". It can take an adult dog a long time to be able to tell you when they have to go. Till then, you just have to guess.;)

Adult dogs new to a home sometimes sleep a lot :sleep: and might not play a lot at first and are very very polite, on their "company manners" at first.;)

It's kind of good idea, to give adult dogs someplace they can go to relax, where no one and no dog will bother them while they adjust and process everything.

As much as you can, during that time, try not to stare at the new dog. (hard to do, i know!:LOL: ) If you do find yourself staring at new dog, (you will !:ROFLMAO:) at least glance away often, and offer slow blinks, "i'm not a threat" to the dog.

Be generous with small treats first week or so, to help dog bond to you. Cut her meal size back if you have to, to accommodate extra treats for dog. Having new dog lick small dab of peanut butter or cream cheese off of your hand is good thing to do, too.

It takes an adult dog more than a week or so to fully bond and accept a new human. Oh, the adult dog sure can bond, oh bayyybee, can they ever!! But, it's not always quite as instant as we think it is, for an adult dog to decide he is now home, and that he is safe here, etc.

Be outdoors with new dog anytime she is outdoors, for first weeks---- cuz adult dogs sometimes think they should escape re-find where they "belong". It is kind of easy to lose a new adult dog in those first few weeks, til they learn the lay of the land and til they learn "This IS where you belong".
HAVE A GREAT TIME GETTING TO KNOW YOUR NEW DOG!!!

and i know you will, but of course make sure resident dog gets plenty of love and att'n too!

Chloe and Buddy

Experienced Member
i'm leaving in t-minus 20 minutes to pick her up!

definitely, we have to go out with her especially because we just got a new pvc fence, and there are a bunch of huge gaps... i'll watch her like a hawk :)

the vet said she's really energetic for a 9 year old, but i totally understand she'll stay low for a few days.

as far as i know she is friendly, if shes energetic im sure she gets along with other dogs and humans...

omg i'll post pics as soon as i get home ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)