Welcome to the Academy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardengirl

Hi from Southern California!

Hi everyone,
My name is Jan and I have had collies most of my life. I've always enjoyed teaching tricks and it exciting to see a forum dedicated to them. Besides being big on teaching tricks, I have also done obedience, rally, flyball, a little agility, and freestyle. It's all so much fun. I also have a website dedicated to teaching kids humane and positive ways of training their dogs. This is our tenth year on the web. I look forward to reading the forum, learning new things, and helping out when I can. Thanks!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jan!

Welcome to the website! I'm so happy to hear that you like the website, I hope many other people get inspired by it and start training their dog to do tricks. I really like your website and I admire your ambition to build a website dedicated to teaching kids to have a fantastic relationship with their dog.

Hope to hear back from you soon! :dogsmile:

CollieMan

Experienced Member
I've visited your website a few times in the past, before I fond Jean's, I can tell you. It's been very helpful at times, that's for sure.

C

clcourtn

What a neat website! I have a 3 month old chihuahua named Bianca. She has learned the basics, such as her name, where to go potty, etc., so we have started on the next level. Right now we're at "sit"! ;) She is a very fast learner, so I am here to learn how to be a better teacher!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I'm happy to hear that you like it. I wish you tons of fun and treasurable moments with your dog. Take lots of pictures as they don't stay small for long! :)

mariareyes1311

Hi,
My name is Maria and I have been trained by my dogs for some time. Pabaluski is a Min Pin, male, 8 years old, and Sheba is an Englisgh Pointer, female, 5 years old. They are both untrainable, but I decided that we can have a little fun with tricks while I am home-ridden because of an illness. I want to give them something back for everything they have given to me. Maybe I should write this in a different way: they are sooooo demanding that I can't do anything but being with them. Lets see who is going to train who!!!
I hope somebody here can help me with this task.
Thank you.
:dogtongue2::msnblushing::dogtongue:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Welcome to the website, just make sure that you make your dogs earn their treats, no freebies in dog training! :dogsmile:

Hope you have fun, and if you have any questions let us know!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi gadawg, welcome to the academy also! I see you've uploaded a logo or some sort, is that a team or something?

eagleone

I am a new member and I have 3 Basset Hounds. Each one is a joy and give me a lot of companionship. I just don't know what took me so long to get my first Basset 4 years ago. His name is Little Man. Then I adopted my now 5 year old female Basset from a local vet and pet project. Not quite 2 years ago I bought our second Basset from our local pet store. All I can say is they are truly the "Clowns of the Dog World.
eagleone

sharon jean

Hi everyone I am new to the forum

My name is Sharon and I have two dogs that I am presently training. both are terrior mixes and what energy they have. One my husband and I adopted is a little over a year, her name is Bindi and the other we have adopted about 2 months ago is 17 weeks old, his name is Cody. Both are smart as can be and have boundless energy, I am trying to keep them occupied with different activities. I hope one day to get some agility equipment and have a blast with them in our yard. Until then, we are getting to know each other.
I hope to be able to learn much here.
Sharon and Jerry
Bindi and Cody.:msnohyes:

chip

Hi - I'm Chip and I'm new to the site. I love spending time with my dogs in activities where both of our minds grow. Cool site. Thanks for having me join.

profiam

Greetings from Nowwhereland!

Hi, I'm Arwen (Lori, AKA profiam, is my human). I am a 6-month old Bernese Mountain Dog and live in the Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I live with my cousins Princess-Border Collie Mix (7 months) and Sam-big ol' lab (4 years) and their humans Brandon & Caitlin. We also have some of those little mean fuzzy things with hissing & claws - Princess is teaching me how to irritate them, but Lori keeps saying "no." I really think that's Princess full name: Princess No.

My human says she's had animals all her life, and I'm slowly learning her language - who ever invented all those jibbery sounds must have been out in the sun too long. I've figured out what "sit" means, but really, does that mean you HAVE to not move? What's the point? So, she made me join this so we can both figure out some better training options for her. She really wants to understand us all as we're all different kinds of canines.

Thanks for this website. It looks like fun! :dogsmile:

G

goochy

Hi All

A Friend in Brisbane, Australia sent me the link to your website. I have been trick training for over ten years and have done several live events with my Jack Russell's. I have also done TV / Film work and have two trained JRT's, a PBGV and a Seal Point Birman cat.:doglaugh:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Wow welcome to the website! I'm sure you will know most of what is taught in the classroom but I'm positive you can get some pretty good ideas on the forum - some people have some really cool and inovative ideas for tricks that I never thought of. :dogsmile:

metinperu

Zach and Steve

Hello there, we are Zach and Steve. Our owner signed us up for this listserv. Makes sense, since we already have our own blog.

Zach says: I'm more interested in tricks than Steve. I like learning, and I love the clicker. I can't wait to have new ideas for more things to add to my repertoire. My current best tricks are bow and roll over.:dogcool:

Steve says: I'm a little hyper but do enjoy doing tricks. I'm really good at standing on my hind legs. I'm a little too reactive to be in a class with other dogs, but I am actually a sweetheart.:dogph34r:

chybster

labradoodle

CollieMan;459 said:
Poodles rank very highly in the dog-breed intelligence stakes.

1. Border Collie
2. Poodle
3. German Shepherd

I believe it was the French who used to use them as service dogs. And, to top that, they were used in Vietnam to sniff out booby-traps!
does that mean a labradoodle would rank highly?

chybster

hi there

hi my name is aam and i have a labradoodle called sharkie who knows sit, down, give paw, jump, which one, stay, come and hide-and-seek and i really want to teach him some really impressive tricks!:dogtongue2:

rtoast

i'd like to opt out of the private message thing. where is the option to do so located? just want to come to the site and see what's up with training info. i don't need my mail filled up with off topic crap, even if it is buddhist crap.

thanks so much. rtoast

Status
Not open for further replies.