Twirl And Through The Legs Backwards

Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by TiflovesBCs, Apr 4, 2012.

1. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Decided to give this a go and was wondering if anyone else does.

Here's Bellas version of it so far from her first training session.

Ignore my PJs lol its really chilly today so keeping warm pjs on till training class later.

After having a go myself I decided to look for a tuitorial for this trick and I found this one

2. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

AWESOME WORK, TIF!!! GREAT JOB!!! GO BELLA!!
    TiflovesBCs likes this.
  3. Amateur Experienced Member

ok Zoe and I just learned spin and back up .... later we will try it through the legs.
    I must add that Hank successfully stayed on the couch and out of the way when he realised he was getting treats for doing nothing !
  4. Anneke Honored Member

Cooper knows this one! I am still working on it with Jinx. Her back up is not quite there yet;)

But Bella is doing it great!! Good job!
    Dogster likes this.
  5. Dogster Honored Member

GREAT JOB TIF AND BELLA!!!! YAY!!!!!:LOL:
    Shivon knows spin and back up, though sometimes she goes sideways.:rolleyes: :sigh:
    I want to teach her a backwards weave.:)
    TiflovesBCs likes this.
  6. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

7. MissyBC Experienced Member

Well done, Bella and Tiffany! (y) I like at the end of the video that one of your other border collies peeks her head around the corner as if to say, "what's going on over here?" :)
  8. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

That was Jenny lol
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  9. southerngirl Honored Member

Great Job Tif. That's a really cute trick I have to teach Missy it. What are you calling it?
  10. Dogster Honored Member

AWESOME job, Tif and Bella!!!!!:LOL: Haha, Jenny!!!!:ROFLMAO:
  11. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Not really sure, need to shorten the name from twirl and through the legs backwards lol any ideas???
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  12. Dogster Honored Member

13. Anneke Honored Member

Well done!!!
    I call it backdoor:ROFLMAO: Actually it's a combination of the english word "back" I use for back-up and door is the dutch word for through. ;):LOL:
  14. dogcrazy Experienced Member

I also use U turn. :)
  15. Amateur Experienced Member

I love knowing what people name their tricks ... I seem to run out of ideas sometimes !
    U turn is great and so is back door because I'm already saying back ...
    will see which one sticks
  16. Dogster Honored Member

Shivon knows it!!!!!! :LOL: YAY!!!!!!
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  17. sara Moderator

Oliver knows this one too, we call it peek-a-boo, even though the forward one is supposed to be called that... he wont do it forward, only backwards LOL

It's in this video. we're working on distance now. I think I'm going to have to get him to go to a mark to turn around then back up to me, for any distance... cuz mostly, he walks towards me a bit before turning around to go between my legs.
    Tâmara Vaz, Dogster and dogcrazy like this.
  18. Dogster Honored Member

AWWWWW!!!!! LOVE his tricks!!!!! The litlle growling noises he makes during some of them are sooo funny!!!!!:ROFLMAO::love:
  19. sara Moderator

He loves talking back. I was able to teach him to say Momma because of that LOL
    Dogster likes this.
  20. vickih Well-Known Member

What clever dogs we have on this forum :)
    Dogster likes this.