Tight turns Cik and Cap

welshherder

Hi,

I believe there are some people on here that train using Silvia Trkman's methods. Does anyone use cik and cap in your training and if so do you use the words cik and cap or do you use different words for jumping collected to the left or right? Hope this made sense.

Sare

fickla

Experienced Member
I am doing agility with my dogs and plan on using Silvia's cik/cap method. I'm still in the beginning levels so don't entirely know what I want to call the tight jumping. Right now I'm saying cik and cap but my dogs aren't listening at all to what words I'm saying, they're just reading my body language. Unfortunately those 2 words also don't come very natural to me but I don't know what else to use. I've thought about just saying left and right, but I plan on using those words as a more general meaning.

So anyways, I'm still debating about what words to use but aren't that worried about it for now!

xena98

Experienced Member
Well I have trained my young coolie Gabby left and right but when I want the tight turn I say wrap for a right tight turn and tight for a tight left turn. Most times she does it and sometime she stuffs it up and sometimes I just totally forget to use it as I am so busy running and just getting my normal stuff out that I just forget to use it but I am getting there LOL
cheers
Danni

xena98

Experienced Member
Well I have trained my young coolie Gabby with tight turns with a wrap for a right tight turn and tight for a tight left turn she also does left and right and go on which is for going on straight. Majority of the time she does do it correctly sometimes makes a mistakes and sometimes I just forget to say it as I am too busy trying to keep up LOL

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I think it doesn't matter what word you use.
Cip and cap is good, because it sound different than a simple hop. I think it's very important that these 3 commands are different, as when in a competing situation, the dog can easily mix them up.