Thread Title... Rocket Got His Novice Trick Dog Title

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thanks guys! MaryK if you like his hoppy crawl- just wait til you see his scoot!(moonwalk )
I've never taught that trick before and he caught on so quickly- it's my new fave!:D

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Dazzle and I are working on the tittles aswell. Though she all ready knows three expert tricks, for the intermediate we have most to learn.
Good for you! We have TONS to learn but we are actually making headway pretty fast- I find it helps me loads to have a goal!
We are going to do the levels one at a time but we are working on the advanced and expert tricks too. I got novice title with our Newf the other day too but have not had a chance to make a video. :(

I realized in the middle of the night last night that I posted this in the wrong category- sorry ya'll. I was so excited when I finished the video I just went to what I happened to have bookmarked.:confused:

Still, as I was thinking about it I thought about how nearly everything with this dog is really challenging for me. I did my homework-had had a collie before and researched breeders for years-- literally years, but then the reality of the breeder did not hold up to the pitch -but I had trusted. So, I have a pretty weird collie. He is not at all the dog I had planned on having in my life. But a while back I really re-committed myself to him- to making it all make sense to him- to our relationship and his part and to my ideas and goals. And I have seen him growing in leaps and bounds, rising to meet challenges and really coming to enjoy the process. We are becoming far better friends- because I've been letting down my preconcieved notions and just concentrating on us where we are, and who we are, and going bit by bit together. I have to say it is a journey that is making me a better person I think and surely a better dog owner. I think Rocket definitely approves of the new approach too- "Like duh, how come you couldn't see how cool I was before?":D

MaryK

Honored Member
Loved 'The Scoot" cool trick:cool:

Dogs do teach us so much, if we're willing to learn, and they all have their own personalities which is grand. So happy you and Rocket have worked it out, he must be thrilled:love: