Thread For Funny Stuff About Dogs/humor Thread

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I read this article the other day, and laughed so hard, i sure did. i think ALL DOG LOVERS WILL ENJOY THIS HILARIOUS ARTICLE.
Hope you laugh, too!!

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html

after you have wiped the tears out of your eyes from laughing too hard at that link above, FEEL FREE TO POST FUNNY VIDEOS
OR STORIES
OR JOKES
or FUNNY PHOTOS of dogs
HERE!!
THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR LAUGHS!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Here is a cute story (well, i think it's cute) about my dog, Buddy.
Buddy has an ongoing, off and on, fear of leaving our deck to go out onto the grass. If we work with him, he gets past it, and can trot off the deck, out onto the lawn, all by his brave self.....​

..........but, sooner or later, he defaults back into "I better stay up here on the deck..." It's sad, he will sit there on the deck forever, even if he has to pee really bad, afraid to go out onto the lawn...​

So, in the winter especially, we found out, we can throw a toy out there into the yard, and he'll follow the toy out onto the lawn. {See, once he is OUT THERE, he is fine, and goes about his business, even plays around, it's justs getting through his invisible 'wall' at the edge of the deck...}

Then, when Buddy comes back in, i always point out into yard, and say, "Get the toy!" or "Get Barney" <----if he knows name of the toy we had just thrown out there), and Buddy runs back out, gets the toy that was thrown, and brings it back into the house. sometimes it takes him a lil while to find it, if he'd been out there for a while....

So, one time, Craig let him out, and just picked up a snowball, and threw the snowball out into the lawn for Buddy to chase after, to get through his "invisible wall", see?

So Buddy chased after the snowball, got out onto the lawn, and now he is fine, and goes around the yard.

I let Buddy in, but, i did *not* ask Buddy to go retrieve his toy, cuz, i knew Craig had only thrown a snowball.
BUT, ---------HERE COMES THE FUNNY PART------------out of habit, Buddy came up to door, and paused, thinking...and turned around and headed back out into yard....Buddy got out into yard, and stopped, looking around, funniest expresssion on his face, trying to remember what TOY he was supposed to bring back in.....
then, cute as a bell, he got this look on his face, like, "Oh! Oh! i know!" and BIT A CHUNK OF SNOW, and came in, looking so proud, with a snowball in his mouth!!!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Along same lines, in our throwing toys
to get Buddy to go off of the deck-----------
Every once in a while, Buddy wants back in NOW, or he can not find, or can not remember which toy to go retrieve, whatever, and THEN, Buddy does THIS:
(now this fascinates me, but he doesn't do it often, just every once in a while)

I will open the door to let Buddy back in, and when i point out into the yard, and say, "Buddy, go get your toy!" Buddy runs to end of deck, looks around,
and THEN, he turns back around----pushes past my leg to go into the house, goes to his toy box----gets a very similar toy, RUNS BACK OUTSIDE, onto the deck,
turns around,
and re-approaches me with the toy in his mouth------- AS IF, this here toy, that he just took out of the toybox, qualifies him to get in!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Do you see what is so funny there? My dog is pulling a fast one!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
FUNNY QUOTEs:
"Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives."
~Sue Murphy

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window."
~Steve Bluestone

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
ROFL!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: (y) :giggle: :giggle: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh my goodness. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time, and I needed that. That was HILARIOUS!
LOL the simple dog reminds me of one of the dogs I'm working with right now; Freya, a Weim. Very simple minded indeed.

I am HOOKED on this girl's blogs now. Thank you, very much.

As for funny stories....well....
Not really funny, but I suppose you can laugh at ME, and not the situation. We've all been in a situation similar to this one.
One day, I decided to take Mud to a park we'd never been to before. We had a grand time, playing fetch and practicing tricks and off-leash heeling, etc. When we were both tired, we packed up and headed home. Approximately 30 minutes after we got home, Mud came walking up to me with a grapefruit on the side of her face and her eye all swollen. I normally handle a crisis incredibly well and go into emergency mode to take care of the situation. This time, I somewhat did this, but also kind of didn't. Holding my dear dog's chin in my hands, I took a closer look at her face as if maybe my imagination had conjured this large growth that made my pretty Border Collie look like an ogre. I went into a crying fit and starting bawling and attempting to explain to her that everything was going to be okay(in between sobs and sniffles and attempting to form words).
I grabbed her leash, scooped her up, put her back in the car, dialed the vet, and sped all the way there(still bawling my eyes out). Had I been in a solid, sane state of mind, and taken a second to breathe and understand the reality of the situation, I would've realized that she had been probably bit my something. Spiders were out and she did gnaw on a random stick for a little while. After calling the vet, I called my boyfriend to let him know the dire situation I was in, all the while still sobbing, then called my dad, and my mom, as if I were preparing final goodbyes. When I got to the vet, he was a bit surprised to see how I'd lost it(as I'm always very composed in emergencies...he's seen all of my animals, and has seen me a few times in emergency situations) over something so incredibly simple. He was understanding though, and didn't react at all to my insanity. I picked up my dear Mudflap and sat her on the examination table while he calmly looked her over and then asked his tech to get him a cortizone shot. Mud, of course, was completely unafflicted by all this, and her tail hadn't stopped wagging since we left the park. She was as happy as could be and life was just as perfect for her as it is everyday. He gave her the shot as she licked his nose and he said, "Alright, the swelling should be completely gone by morning. If it's not going down within an hour or two give me a call."
"So she's gonna be okay? Probably just a bite or something?????"
"Yeah, probably got bit by a spider or something. No big deal. The cortizone shot will take care of it. Let me know if she still has any swelling after tomorrow."
Slightly more tears and clutching Mudflap since we've just overcome this incredible life or death situation. :rolleyes:
Mud's demeanor never changed. She didn't care that she looked like a pirate ogre, or that a large grapefruit had sprouted out of the side of her head, or that someone stuck a needle in her and shoved cold stuff in her. Whatever. People are giving me attention, the world is a happy place.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I LOVE MUDFLAP!! So cute, Mud knew, didn't she? ha ha!! Aren't dogs the best!!
My dog makes us laugh so so much more than we did before he arrived into our world. Never a day goes by, i don't crack up at something he is doing, and usually, many many times a day, i get to laugh at something he is doing.

and yeah, isnt' that article just hysterically funny? i just fell over, oh, she is a great dog describer!! rofl!!

sara

Staff member
I'm teaching Oliver to do the elephant trick, on an actual ball. it's a very big ball. He was a bit nervous of it at first, so I just started by shaping anything near the ball, of course Oliver's first thing he does with ANY object, it to touch it with his nose, so I clicked a fer nose touches, then waited to see what he'd do next. so of course, he touches it HARDER with his nose... it rolls away. then, as I'm giving him his treat, the ball slowly rolls back at him! Once he see's the ball rolling towards him, he leaps straight from the down he was in, back about 4 feet! he has the funniest face! then he slowly approaches it again, touches it with his nose, it rolls away, he takes his treat looks ofver, and it's coming back at him! LOL he does his magic leap from a down to standing 4 feet away again, then approaches...

See where this is going? he kept doing the leap every time it rolled back at him, I was so busy laughing at him I was forgetting to click... over and over and over again, he did the same leap... finally, I went back to the job at hand... I started woking on getting his feet on the ball... but the leaps were just too funny!

Ina

Found this one today:

Mind Games Dogs Play With Humans

1. After your humans give you a bath, DON'T LET THEM TOWEL DRY YOU! Instead, run to their bed, jump up and dry yourself off on the sheets. This is especially good if it's right before your human's bedtime.
  2. Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)
  3. Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.
  4. Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go 'pee', sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.
  5. Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go 'poo'. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.
  6. When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.
  7. Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.
  8. Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).
  9. When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.
  10. Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
ha ha, Buddy did #3 yesterday....yeap. Sat there and looked at me, like he had no clue. soon as ppl left, he did trick just fine....lil stinker!!

mewzard

Experienced Member
Ok maybe not funny but in that category of "did you really just do that?!"

We were in the front garden and Oka was on a long line so she doesn't run off. She had her favorite toy - a squeaky egg - and i was sneakily working on recall/fetch whilst making it a huge game.

In the corner of the front lawn there is a patch that has not grass as it will be a flower garden soon, which naturally has become a giant litter box for all the neighbourhoods cats...And Oka LOVES cat poo :sick:
So she realises that theres cat poo on there and manages to eat a few before *I* cotton on.

I carry on playing making sure she doesn't have enough line to get on there but still can play. She gets tired, i get tired, we sit down on the grass, I'm still making sure that she doesn't get to the "banquet". She plays with the egg a bit by herself then tries to bullldoze her way to the poo but she is still prevented.

She then goes off to get the egg, comes back sit near the edge of the soil, looks me in the eye with the egg-toy in her mouth, tosses it onto the grass, looks back at me... then to the egg with a big grin on her face as if to say..."look mum can i go get my egg? (and possibly eat some more poo?)"

I was laughing so hard...and a little shocked that she could think like that.

Dodge

Dodge

A little lad comes home and shouts "Muuuuuum,can you come here,NOW !!" not happy at being shouted at,his mum says "Come upstairs and talk to me properly!"
So he goes up to the bedroom and she says "Right,now, without the shouting,what is the problem?"
To which the lad replies

"I ve got dog poo on my shoes mum,do you want me to take them off at the front door?":whistle: