Teach Your Dog The "roll Yourself In A Blanket" Trick!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
aw, darn, i can not watch the video..:cry: .when i click to watch it, it says, "embedding disabled by request"...it might be just me, just *my* computer, i do get computer glitches now and then. I will try again later, to see if it was just a fluke.

i WILL try this trick, and follow your tutorial, Buddy does NOT yet know this trick. Can't wait.
I am eager to see your tutorial, (i LOVE tutorials) and i know you worked hard on it, to shorten it up, i bet it IS a great video.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
HOLD ON, i CAN watch it on youtube, but not on DTA, i'm off to watch it now.

YESsssssss! I watched it on youtube, and what a GREAT job you did making this video, very easy to follow and understand,
and what a great job Missy did!! I love that Missy, such a cutie pie!

Anneke

Honored Member
Good tutorial!! I will be using it, as soon as Jinx has a reliable roll over. We haven't started that one yet, but it is on my to do list!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
YESssss!! NOW i can watch the video right here on DTA!! Fabulous tutorial, i will begin to train this trick, probably next week! Your tutorial will really help me, THANKS!!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Would love to try this trick but still trying to get Ripley to get roll over, she gets the sit, lie down, flat but won't roll...! Any pointers?

Dogster

Honored Member
Did you try to teach her play dead yet???? If not, you can teach her play dead, then teach roll over from there.:)

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Would love to try this trick but still trying to get Ripley to get roll over, she gets the sit, lie down, flat but won't roll...! Any pointers?
You could see if she offers a 'belly up' anytime other than when you teach her roll over. Then incorporate it into the 'roll over' and see if she would be more willing to go on her back/other side. :)

Also, I agree with Dogster! That would work too.

Roll Over takes a while... Missy didn't just learn it in the video. She learned it months ago! (when she was 5 1/2 months old. She's almost 17 months old now.) Take your time and it'll happen I'm sure!

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
My dog used to dislike holding items in his mouth too, but i used THIS tutorial, to teach my dog to hold things in his mouth-------------beginning with items he DID like holding, and advancing along to items he did NOT like holding in his mouth, like Kikopup does below: