Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by MissyBC, Feb 21, 2012.
Great Turtorial! Im currently teaching Teddy this trick
Good luck with it, Teddy! Let us know how it goes.
Thanks Missy! He already has performed it a couple of times, just got to perfect it
GOOD LUCK Teddy!!!
Thanks, today however Teddy seems to have taken a step back and won't hold the blankie & roll.....any tips?
Does he still have an interest in the blankie?
1. Any interest he has towards it, even if it's just a sniff, click & treat. Then ask for more from him.
2. Hand the blankie to him and if he takes it from you click that.
3. Then the next time do the same thing.
4. You might need to work on perfecting each step separately.
5. Once he takes the blankie in his mouth consistently, add duration of holding the blankie.
6. Then once he's holding the blankie long enough, add the "roll over" cue to it.
Hope this helps!
If Chance doesn't get adopted by Sunday, I guess this will be the next trick he'll learn.
He does take the blankie and will hold it, but as soon as i say roll over, he drops it and rolls.
Yay Teddy is doing this trick!! I had to teach him to roll over with toys in his mouth before the blankie.
I'm glad you figured out a way to get him to "roll in a blanket". Great job!
WOOT!!!! Alright!!!! GOOD BOY TEDDY!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
Thanks Guys, Im hoping to get a video of it soon My video skills are just awful lol!
Maybe somebody can help me:
I got a problem on the final step.
My dog gets the blanket on down and starts to roll over, but her paw pushes the blanket away of her mouth. And she completes the roll over without the blanket...
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman.
The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
See more of me and Laika: www.youtube.com/tamaravm
Copyright © 2013 Dog Trick Academy. All Rights Reserved.