Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by Dlilly, May 25, 2012.

1. 648117 Honored Member

Holly is doing very well with her skateboarding.

The smaller skateboard is definitly easier for her.
    She can do a push off now, although the skateboard doesn't move very fast (it might with more practice) and she's starting to realise that I want her to stay on the board and not jump off the front of it to get the treat (it shoots off behind her when she does that and bangs into stuff - it amazes me that nothing like that ever scares her).

I think a couple more days of practice in the kitchen and then we will take it outside to the park (we don't have concrete in our backyard).

I really will have to remember to take pictures

2. legendsmami Well-Known Member

So cool. I always wanted to teach Legend this. He has a skateboard sitting on his crate that one of the kids in the neighborhood gave him. Just gotta start training it.
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  3. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I'm teaching Remi this trick. He loves the skateboard, and is go to trick if he sees me with treats. We're working on getting him to keep three paws on the board and kick off.
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  4. 648117 Honored Member

The big skateboard was my brothers, but it is too big for Holly.

Here's pictures of her with her new little skateboard, it fits her much better:

SD&B, tigerlily46514, Dogster and 2 others like this.
  5. southerngirl Honored Member

AWW that's such a cute skate board for her!
    Hehe I stole my brother's he wouldn't let me use it so I had took it when he wasn't home.:sneaky: He won't notice cause he doesn't use it.:cautious: Missy is getting use to putting three feet on the board(she keeps trying to avoid putting her back foot on it).
    Everyone post video's when your dog learns it. a video of them learning it too would be cool.:D
  6. Dogster Honored Member

Awwww!!! Holly looks adorable on the skateboard!!! You're right!!!! It fits her very well!!:love::D
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  7. dogcrazy Experienced Member

So Dogster found a skateboard and we decided to paint it. We are still not done because we will write on the blue bottom, with yellow paint Carmel and Shivon :). The color choice was really random, its the colors that dogs see the best. Camping 736.JPG Camping 738.JPG
    SD&B, Dlilly, Mr-Remington and 3 others like this.
  8. Dogster Honored Member

It's our first DIY project.;)
    dogcrazy likes this.
  9. Dogster Honored Member

I also have some pics of it (maybe these have better lighting:))

10. rouen Experienced Member

This is an older vid of Dingo skateboarding.
    Dogster and dogcrazy like this.
  11. dogcrazy Experienced Member

We are done the other side!!!
  12. southerngirl Honored Member

That is so cool!!!:cool: You guys did a great job on it.(y) I love the skateboard.
    SD&B, dogcrazy and Dogster like this.
  13. Dogster Honored Member

14. rouen Experienced Member

Did you guys use acrylic paint?
    Dogster and dogcrazy like this.
  15. Ivushiq Well-Known Member

looks like I am buying a skateboard too :D
    dogcrazy and Dogster like this.
  16. Dlilly Honored Member

THAT is the coolest skateboard I've ever seen!!! :O
    SD&B, dogcrazy and Dogster like this.
  17. Dogster Honored Member

Yes, we used acrylic paint.:) We used spray paint for the base color (none of us had actually used spray paint before:cautious: ) sooo, it was fun.:D
    SD&B, Ivushiq, dogcrazy and 2 others like this.
  18. rouen Experienced Member

I'd go over it with modpodge or some clear coat spray paint to keep from getting scratched off.
    SD&B, Dogster, dogcrazy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

This makes me want to paint Remi's skateboard. You guys did an awesome job! (y)
    SD&B, Dogster and dogcrazy like this.
  20. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Thanks!!! Rouen, we are going to do that.
    SD&B and Dogster like this.