Ra Kismet Is On The Sick List

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm very sorry Mary. You have my sympathy for your loss, and for the trauma (because it really causes trauma) of having to see your guy seizure. Please feel free to contact me for anything. I'll be thinking of you.
Thank you so much. :) I will pm you, and yes, those seizures are traumatic, I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that, it's beyond words horrible.

Anneke

Honored Member
O my... Mary I am so, so sorry!! I have been away for a while and I just logged in. This thread caught my attention first and left me in shock.
You are in my thoughts.

I so understand what you said about Ra guiding you to a new puppy to love. As I strongly believe my dear Shane has led me to my Jinx. And after four years I still feel his presence and take comfort from that.
I am sure it will be the same for you!

MaryK

Honored Member
O my... Mary I am so, so sorry!! I have been away for a while and I just logged in. This thread caught my attention first and left me in shock.
You are in my thoughts.

I so understand what you said about Ra guiding you to a new puppy to love. As I strongly believe my dear Shane has led me to my Jinx. And after four years I still feel his presence and take comfort from that.
I am sure it will be the same for you!
Thank you so much Anneke. I think his crossing has shocked everyone, he was so young, so full of life and love, but I guess that's also the circle of life. I'll probably never know or understand fully, why he was taken so young, but he's chosen a beautiful little lady who will be coming home around the 13/14 of this month. He always did have an eye for the ladies:)

I totally believe our Rainbow dogs chose our next baby, so understand that Shane chose Jinx for you. It's as if they know exactly the right one isn't it.

Rakins has already made his presence felt, my partner and I actually saw him - truly - as if he was still here physically and he buzzes back (only word to describe his arrival) whenever we think of him, or are feeling depressed. It is a comfort, that's for sure. His recall is still good, the chap hasn't forgotten it. And yes, he'll be a comfort to me for many years to come, of that I am certain.:)

threenorns

oh, my heck! i am SO glad you said that!

i had a wolf-dog, Nero. i loved that dog SO much but it came the time nobody likes. bec of his extreme fear of the vet (he was one of my palliative care dogs - he was so frightened that i never took him unless it was an emergency because his legs would flatten out to the sides and he'd lose total bladder and bowel control and the sight of a white coat put him into extreme fear aggression), i dealt with it myself.

for *months* later, i would get up from the couch and automatically pause to wait for him - and he wasn't there. i would automatically slide a foot back behind me when i was doing dishes or laundry to let him know i was going to be moving - and no fluffy footstop. the worst part was ppl interrupting me in the tub or the bathroom - he used to lie across the hallway outside the door and stop ppl from bugging me (the bathroom was too small to let him in).

about 3mo later was the first time it happened: i was sitting there watching TV and suddenly my feet grew very very warm and i felt a "huff" - exactly how nero used to rest his chin across my feet and sigh. absorbed in the movie, i automatically reached down to scratch his ears... =(

a few months later, i was outside working on the deck under a blazing sun. i had no idea how long i'd been at it but i was determined to finish "this last little bit". but i was getting a bit dizzy and woozy and was missing the nails more and more often when a shadow fell across my workspace. "Nero," i said irritably, "go lie down! go!" and the shadow passed on. the sun was way too bright when the shadow left and that's when i realized my head was pounding, the back of my head, neck, and shoulders were burnt to a crisp, and i was heading into serious dehydration. there were no clouds, nothing that could've made a shadow fall like that.

over the years, there's been all kinds of little thing happening that make me smile and think of him - but the last head-scratcher was when i was sitting on the bed after a bad break-up and the mattress behind me sank down and my lower back grew warm. Nero used to jump up on the bed behind me while i sat on the edge of the bed and used the computer. the mattress sank down far enough that i actually tilted backward, so i know it wasn't the cat (we have cat spirits too).

MaryK

Honored Member
I too Threenorns am glad you too have shared your experiences with Nero - he sounds like he was a wonderful dog I adore Wolves.

Yes, they have a spirit and never forget us either. Nero has shown you he's always there for you and making sure you stay healthy too. That's amazing how he made you stop working, I know what you mean about the sun it's like that here at times too, and if it hadn't been for Nero you'd have ended up in hospital.

And with your break up, he was there to comfort you and let you know you're never alone. Dogs are wonderful aren't they, always there for us, even from across the Rainbow Bridge.

Their love and loyalty never 'dies', because it is given unconditionally, they teach us about love so well.

Again, thank you for sharing, it's a beautiful story about a very beautiful dog and it's all true:love:

Dogster

Honored Member
I am shocked and saddened. Rakins was so young, too young to die. I can't believe how quickly everything could change. I am so sorry for your loss and I am keeping you in my thoughts. :cry:

I'm glad that you have decided to get a new puppy, to bring back some joy into your life.:) Good luck with her!

MaryK

Honored Member
I am shocked and saddened. Rakins was so young, too young to die. I can't believe how quickly everything could change. I am so sorry for your loss and I am keeping you in my thoughts. :cry:

I'm glad that you have decided to get a new puppy, to bring back some joy into your life.:) Good luck with her!
Thank you Dogster, yes as his beautiful vet said in their card, to lose him so young is cruel. It seems almost surreal, but sadly, it isn't.:cry:

Yes, Rakins found me a beautiful little lady, he always had an eye for the ladies, and she will be home next Sunday, all being well. She has her de-sexing operation today (Monday) my time, and will stay with her foster Mom and Dad (who are truly wonderful)for a few days to recover. Waiting to hear how it's all gone.

I know she can never replace my beautiful boy, that wouldn't be fair to Leaf, she must always be herself, but she sure will fill the emptiness in my heart and home, it's all too quiet here at present. Zeus is missing his little Bro a lot and trying to be more huggy/kissy, bless him he's doing his best and I love him dearly, for being himself and wanting to fill the hole we all feel.

Gracegeorgina

Experienced Member
Oh Mary, I've only just gone through this thread.... I am so sorry!! Losing a dog really is the worst thing that can happen...
I'm so glad you now have Leaf, and I hope she can fill the hole in your heart!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Oh my goodness, just saw this.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss Mary.

I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that Rakins was well cared for and well loved.

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh Mary, I've only just gone through this thread.... I am so sorry!! Losing a dog really is the worst thing that can happen...
I'm so glad you now have Leaf, and I hope she can fill the hole in your heart!
Thank you. Yes losing a dog is the worst thing that can happen, he was (still is) so very special.

Little Leaf, whom Rakins chose, is a wonderful little girl and is helping me to heal. She is filling the huge hole in my heart and lifted the black cloud under which we all lived. How can you not smile and laugh when you've a crazy, loving little puppy to take care of. I know Rakins sure is happy, he's buzzed back a few times, and is delighted with his choice of puppy for me.

I'll be putting up her profile shortly, she'll be telling you all about herself.

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh my goodness, just saw this.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss Mary.

I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that Rakins was well cared for and well loved.
Thank you Jazzy and Veronica. Yes, Rakins was so loved, even his vets and nurses cried, the young nurse had tears pouring down her face, we hugged a lot. I do know that everything humanly possible was done, but sad, it wasn't meant to be. Right to the end I remained positive that we could heal him. I guess the Angel's needed him more.

He's buzzed back, yes both my partner and I have seen him and he chose my new little puppy Leaf, as always his taste was perfect, he had excellent taste in all areas of life.

Went round to a friend afterwards, she has a beautiful Pittie Crunchie and had a "Pittie Love Fest", poor Crunchie, I cried all over him but boy that helped so much.

running_dog

Honored Member
Oh Mary! I am so sorry to read this thread and find out (belatedly) about your poor Ra Kismet, dogs leave such a big hole when they go. I'm glad you still have Zeus and a new furiend Leaf.

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh Mary! I am so sorry to read this thread and find out (belatedly) about your poor Ra Kismet, dogs leave such a big hole when they go. I'm glad you still have Zeus and a new furiend Leaf.
Thank you. Yes dog's do leave a massive hole when they go, especially when so young and healthy before the onset of his illness. I still cannot watch his videos, but he chose Leaf and she really has helped heal a broken heart, She's very much her own person, not a bit like Ra Kismet, except of course very loving, smart and intelligent. :)

Darling Zeus, he's a trouper, still going strong, just showing a bit of 'age' now but considering he has cushings and is on 'borrowed' time, he's sure giving living a good run for the money! Had a massive scare with him, not long after my beloved Rakins crossed, but he defied the odds, and thankfully made a full recovery. And he adores Leaf - maybe having a youngster around has given him his second wind.