Please Tell Us About Your Dog's "quirk"??

southerngirl

Honored Member
I want to renew this thread.
Chase loves to be between your legs for some reason. If your standing he will shove himself between your legs because of this it was really easy to teach him Peek a boo.:LOL:

brody_smom

Experienced Member
My parents' old malti-poo, Dexter would never stay at his bowl to eat his kibble. He would go over to the bowl, pick up one piece and take it to the mat by the door, eat it and go back to the bowl for another. He ate the whole meal that way. Every time. Maybe he was watching his calories!

Brody has a habit of pushing his tennis balls under the sofa and then barking at us to get them out. He intentionally does this, as we will throw the ball for him and instead of bringing the ball back to whoever threw it, he will drop it in front of the sofa and then poke it forward with his paws. He does something similar with fetch. He will bring the ball back to within 4-6 feet of where I am standing, drop it and then stand there looking at me. If I wait for him to bring it to me rather than going to him, he will give me this look, like "oh all right, if you're going to be that way about it" then push on the ball with both feet so that it pops forward and lands right at my feet. Cheeky monkey!

Ború doesn't like meat treats. I tried everything for a "high value" reward for training certain things instead of the really plain biscuits he gets for usual stuff (that he eats). I clicked and offered the steak bits but he wouldn't eat them. Same with chicken, cheese, sausage, commercial meaty dog treats.....everything!!! Just not interested. Eventually after a while I found the treat of his dreams.... carrot! We also had to search for a good quality meaty dog food that didn't taste very meaty (he also refuses to eat wet food!) I tried home made meals for a bit to figure him out and he would throw the meat out of his bowl onto the floor, eat all the veggies and walk away. A close second to carrot is potato. I'm not sure if he thinks he's a vegetarian!!!!

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Ború doesn't like meat treats. I tried everything for a "high value" reward for training certain things instead of the really plain biscuits he gets for usual stuff (that he eats). I clicked and offered the steak bits but he wouldn't eat them. Same with chicken, cheese, sausage, commercial meaty dog treats.....everything!!! Just not interested. Eventually after a while I found the treat of his dreams.... carrot! We also had to search for a good quality meaty dog food that didn't taste very meaty (he also refuses to eat wet food!) I tried home made meals for a bit to figure him out and he would throw the meat out of his bowl onto the floor, eat all the veggies and walk away. A close second to carrot is potato. I'm not sure if he thinks he's a vegetarian!!!!
Off topic, I love the name "Aoife". Are you Irish or Dutch?

MaryK

Honored Member
This thread is sooooooooo funny:ROFLMAO:

Ra Kismet loves to perch on the back ledge in the car, even in the new car he's found a way of doing that even though it's a hatch back (heaven knows what he'll do if partner buys a two seater BMW sports car he's seen). Plus he will 'flop' down with a massive sigh if kept waiting too long to do his trick work or a walk. And just HAS to let both cats know he's going for a walk races up and jumps on them- much to their total disgust!

He too loves to 'hold hands' especially if we're both watching a scary movie:D And, despite being 21.7 kilos, loves to sit on my lap. He sits like a human and lays back with my arm(s) around him, he's a total cuddle bug.

Zeus is a pretty 'cool dude' his only quirk is to jump into any open car, strangers find themselves if I'm not very careful, with a Blue Heeler on their laps or in their car - he's car mad!!!!!!!!!

vangorm

Annie likes to carry off her food bowls and chew on them. She'll actually dump the food out of the bowl and run into another room to chew. We had to switch from our metal bowls to thick plastic bowls(since she just chews, doesn't tear/swallow) after we figured that out. She also will bring the bowls to you wanting you to throw them like frisbees. Whatever works, right?

MaryK

Honored Member
Annie likes to carry off her food bowls and chew on them. She'll actually dump the food out of the bowl and run into another room to chew. We had to switch from our metal bowls to thick plastic bowls(since she just chews, doesn't tear/swallow) after we figured that out. She also will bring the bowls to you wanting you to throw them like frisbees. Whatever works, right?
She's very creative, using her food bowl as a frisbee!:D(y)