Please Tell Us About Your Dog's "quirk"??

Boo'sGirl

Bella has thes spazzy moments. Like if you give her a bath she immediately runs to my room to roll on my bed and get it wet. And if she has an itch on her back she rolls with paws in the air and she growls. Also she will dig where blankets are until she can get it out of the way.

Rachel will bark as loud as she can when bella goes outside and she cant because she'll bark at the dog nextdoor and its so funny.

Dogster

Honored Member
I want to "renew" this thread. LOL!!!:ROFLMAO:
When my cat, Patches wants to come inside, Shivon will go hide (under the table or by the door). As soon as she hears Patches' collar jingling inside, SHE RUNS AT HER, FULL SPEED and showers her with DOGGY LOVE!!!!!:love: Of course, Patches hates this, although she has learned to accept it.;)
Shivon also "wipes her paws" if there's a blanket on the floor, to the point of craziness. She growls, wipes while wagging her little rat tail, TOTALLY in her element.:LOL:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
There are two arbovitae trees at the end of our street, (a very very soft evergreen tree) which are far apart from each other,
that Buddy obviously enjoys scratching his back on them. He generally does not much ever scratch his back, like by squirming in the grass, nope, but only for those 2 trees.
(once i did realize, Buddy DID scratch his own back regularly when i used to add cannola oil to his dog food, so i quit doing that, and Buddy stopped scratching his own back on the carpet or in the grass so often. I added the cannola oil back, and sure enough, Buddy began scratching his own back regularly on the grass or carpet again, so i quit using it)

anyway, back to "back-scratcher" trees.....

We have our yard lined with these exact same kind of trees, but, Buddy never scratches his back on his own trees-------------- only the ones down the street. Almost makes me wonder if he could also be 'marking' the trees with his scent, but, who knows. It's funny to watch him, he just goes gagga to get to each of those trees, and rub his back all over both of these trees.:ROFLMAO: almost appears to be smiling when he does this.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
My dog is terrified of ticks.
On the few occasions he has had a tick or two,
he worried obsessively about ticks for the next week or two afterwards, staring at his own legs all the time, (there were no ticks on his legs, nor any fleas, but, he must have seen one at some point, and then obsessed about ticks the rest of the next few days. by staring at his own legs all day long). :ROFLMAO: I mean, nonstop staring at his legs...didn't even play, just spent the day staring at his own legs, for no reason. I could distract him for a while, walks, tricks, playtime, etc but, soon as he was done, he resumed staring at his own legs all day long.

If Buddy has seen a tick lately, ---------for next week or two afterwards----Buddy will also stop in his tracks and freeze about any crumb or dot on the floor, which could possibley resemble a tick, and approach it cautiously, in stalking mode:ROFLMAO: and study it carefully before relaxing again.:rolleyes:

He once found a tick in his favorite chair that he sleeps in, Buddy leaped up, with look of panic on his face, and backed away from the chair, looking at the chair with much alarm on his face.

so i went over and found one (1) tick there.

and for weeks after, Buddy would not get near the chair.:rolleyes: Every night, Buddy would approach his usual sleeping chair, and then stop, seems to remember the tick, and backs away.(he actually walks backwards keeping an eye on that chair):ROFLMAO: Each time, i would look all over the chair, but, never ever ever found one tick there, not ever again.

After about a month or so of this odd behavior/fear,
I actually had to lure Buddy back to his chair again, CLICK/TREAT, and it took him a while to relax and stay in his chair again. Then overtime, he forgot about ticks and he slept in his chair again. He was over it again.

That was a year ago,
but to this day,
anytime Buddy has recently seen a tick, his tick-phobia starts up alllllllll over again, and he worries about his chair all over again, and won't sleep in it, and he stalks all spots on the floor, and spends his free-time staring at his own legs.:ROFLMAO:

Even if the tick he saw was not anywhere that chair, he will avoid that chair, if he has recently seen a tick...anywhere.

All this, just from seeing one(1) tick in that chair, a year ago, it all comes back to Buddy when he remembers there are ticks in the world, he must think that chair is where ticks come from!!?? rofl.

Tâmara Vaz

Experienced Member
Hello!
If I wake up, go where Laika is and say nothing, I mean really don't speak, she keeps away and runs away!She thinks:Oh!!! That's odd!!! You speak all the time!!! Something is really strange!!Maybe non-talking people are dangerous!!Fleeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

And my cat loves to climb people!!!!!
He uses his nails to climb!!He's learning that he can only climb when we're on pants,
Because without it hurts!!;)

Evie

Experienced Member
Evie has decided that asparagus makes a wonderful toy. She'll play with it like a cat would a mouse. Pouncing on it, throwing it around (to make it 'run') and then pouncing on it all over again. She gets that enthusiastic about it that she just looks silly! Eventually she'll eat it, but not until it's well and truly dead.

Oh, she also likes to race me to my computer chair. She's worked out that one of the first things i usually do in the morning is turn on my pc, so now i often find her sitting on my computer chair waiting for me when i get up in the morning. I have to be careful if she's NOT already there that she doesn't try and jump up the moment i go to sit down..... I don't really want a flat puppy...

Also, if i get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet or to let Evie out, she'll wait for me to come back to bed, and just before i get into bed she will curl up on MY pillow. You see, she won't actually go back to bed until I do, so every time, i watch her jump up onto the bed, then curl up on MY pillow and then just look at me as if to say 'what? can't i sleep here?'. The funniest thing is that she moves instantly when i sit on the bed, she just seems to enjoy her 10 seconds of sleeping in my spot...

I'm sure there's plenty of other things, but that's all i can think of at the moment.

Evie

Experienced Member
OH!!!
I remember Evie's strange little quirk.

She gets all worried when you take her collar OFF. She loves it. She gets all excited and happy when you put it back on her and has the strangest reaction when you take it off of her. And it's not even as if she associates the collar going on with walks or anything because her collar is on 99% of the time, we just take it off sometimes for her to sleep or have a scratch etc.

It's so cute :p

bekah1001

Honored Member
Oh, she also likes to race me to my computer chair. She's worked out that one of the first things i usually do in the morning is turn on my pc, so now i often find her sitting on my computer chair waiting for me when i get up in the morning. I have to be careful if she's NOT already there that she doesn't try and jump up the moment i go to sit down..... I don't really want a flat puppy...

That reminds me of Riley and Brody. I have an extra chair beside my desk and sometimes one of them would climb up and sit beside me.

GEORGE'SDAD

Max is an excellent judge of when foods are ready. We don't have to set timers for pizzas or tater tots, he will find us and tell us that dinner is ready. Even if he is sleeping, the aromas of freshly baked items wakes him right up!!! Oh, max also does the "zoomies" after he has a :poop:...he gets real hyper and runs as fast as his pit bull legs will carry him in and out of the house through the dog door and over the back of the couch and everything!!!!! Max is also a good teacher, when we installed our doggie door, i had to get a new door to accomidate, and while in was hanging the door, Max saw the big hole in it and figured out on his own that he can come and go as he pleases. He has trained my cousins border collie (Wilson is his name due to the fact that he always has a Wilson tennis ball in his mouth) to use the doggie door, as well as Kita and George. We never taught any dog to use the door, Max did!!!