Me, Jenny, Bella & Zara

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Bella was such a good girl, mum needed to dry her hair and normally Bella hates the hair dryer - she tends to bark and lunge at it. This time I put her in her settle stay and kept click n reward when she paid it no attention and stayed, rewarding her with those cookies I made. apart from the initial jump when it came on she barely glanced at it and stayed lying down the whole time not even going towards it once. Such a good girl Bella is :) and took her to the park and when no one was around she did beg, paws and even a bow. Such a good girl :) The profile pic is of her doing a beg today in the park.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
That is how BUddy begs, too! If i had known his beg would be straight-armed, i would have used cue, "Stick 'em up!"
but, i was expecting a curved arm "beg" position, and his cue for BEG, is "Buddy, wanna girlfriend?" :ROFLMAO:

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
I've not added a verbal que yet, just a flick of the finger. So If she keeps doing it like that I could add that as a que lol

Bought a box for Bellas toys today and thought I'd try to teach her to put one of her toys in the box. Within about a few minutes she'd grasped what she needed to do. Clever girl. Took a video, its loading to youtube at the mo but once it has i'll share it.

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member

:D Here's the video of her putting her toy in the box, her first session. Took her only a few minutes to get the idea. We'll see how she does tomorrow when I'll try a different toy. Clever girl. When I saw she was getting it i rushed to get the camera. :) For some reason the room seems really yellow lol

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WOW, GREAT WORK!!! My dog LOVES this game/trick, can play it for hours...and hours...and hours!!! VERY WELL DONE, TIF!
I was also surprised how easy this was to teach. I thought it would be hard, it "looked" hard to me, but my dog got it right away too! YOUR DOG IS SO CUTE!

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Just heard from the trainer about the dog classes I was asking about and if they are suitable for Bella. She wants me to call her in the week to discuss it. It's a kennel club training program I think. Been browsing her credentials and seems that she has training in
  • Puppy
  • Adult
  • One to one
  • Home visits
  • KC good cits
  • Clicker
  • Agility
  • HWTM
  • Behaviour
Tel: 01257 233644 Email: [email protected]
Fax: Website: www.tailtappingantics.co.uk

found that out from this site she put in her email -
Angela - MAPDT 01087 - for more information on what these letters mean please visit www.apdt.co.uk
So once I've called her and spoken to her we'll see what she thinks, and if not she does do one to ones I think. So I could question her about that.

Anyway done some training on cross paw for Bella and aslong as I hold a piece of paper she gets it so far. :)

Anneke

Honored Member
Looking at the site, MY preference would do towards Dogfriendlytraining.
But I would go and watch a class to get the feel of it. And I would ask the other if you can come and watch too. And then make a decision on where to go.

By the way, my dogschool is a member of the association of Pet Dog trainers too. Usa, I think, because she used to live there.;)

Dogster

Honored Member
First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!!!!:LOL:
Second, Bella is SUCH a GOOD GIRL!!! She's SOOO smart!!!!! I can't believe she learns sooo fast!!!!

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Thanks Dogster. :) Now if I could only be pointed in the right direction (hopefully by the trainer I have contacted) about helping her outside I'm sure she would be that quick to learn the worlds not such a scary place - lol i could hope.
I could also hope that Zara would learn as fast but nope she's much more stubborn lol.