Let's Make A Video!

dukey_boy

That's a great idea Danielle! I wasn't really doing anything because I had no clue what to do.
Admittedly, I saw your post on Friday and thought, "That's not going to work for us. There are no trees here!" Which is true-we live in a valley with maybe two native trees.
But then, I unexpectedly had to go to the mountains to the north of us today and got a couple of good videos that I'll upload ASAP. So if this week we are doing water, what is next week? How many different things are we looking for?

southerngirl

Honored Member
That's a great idea Danielle! I wasn't really doing anything because I had no clue what to do.
Admittedly, I saw your post on Friday and thought, "That's not going to work for us. There are no trees here!" Which is true-we live in a valley with maybe two native trees.
But then, I unexpectedly had to go to the mountains to the north of us today and got a couple of good videos that I'll upload ASAP. So if this week we are doing water, what is next week? How many different things are we looking for?
Not sure about next week and I'm not sure... It depends on how long we want the video to be. Have any ideas for the next challange?

running_dog

Honored Member
Here are my videos.
Wow, every time I see Duke in action I think what a stunning dog he is, border collie markings are always striking but he has something much more. I like the last tree jump best too but I like the balancing tricks too. They are really good videos.

Not sure about next week and I'm not sure... It depends on how long we want the video to be. Have any ideas for the next challange?
As I mentioned on the tree trick thread I've been working on getting Zac to interact with an object. So what about that being the next trick. For example we could have one of the dogs setting out a picnic - roll out a picnic blanket, open a picnic basket and get out the food.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Wow, every time I see Duke in action I think what a stunning dog he is, border collie markings are always striking but he has something much more. I like the last tree jump best too but I like the balancing tricks too. They are really good videos.

As I mentioned on the tree trick thread I've been working on getting Zac to interact with an object. So what about that being the next trick. For example we could have one of the dogs setting out a picnic - roll out a picnic blanket, open a picnic basket and get out the food.
I really like the picnic basket idea. I'm really sorry I haven't been participating in any of this, my last day of school is this friday, once I'm out of school then I will have lots of time to catch up with all of it.

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I'm sorry too for being MIA again!

I have a video of Missy interacting with a tree... (with bloopers in it as she wasn't 100% sure what I wanted her to do with it at first.) I will try my best to get a video of her doing her "trick with a tree" properly tomorrow though, so we don't miss out! :)

I also really like the picnic basket idea. :)

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I've been trying to upload my video onto youtube, but it isn't working... :-( sorry... Going to keep trying though!

dukey_boy

I was just thinking, we don't want every dog doing the same thing do we? I mean, we have Missy and Duke using trees, then dog nerds dog dockdiving, and maybe another dog doing water? And then two new dogs doing the next part? How many people do we have doing this anyway?

running_dog

Honored Member
Sorry! I'm still here just I've been busy and also hurt my back which isn't a good combination! I've had two weeks where I couldn't walk the dogs at all and now when I can they are not used to my routine at all and I'm having to work really hard to get their attention. Plus the dogs have been ill too. It's all been a bit disorganised.

I don't think most people are trying to follow this through at the moment so I'll review what we have so far and see whether we can make anything of it. I still want to train Zac his water trick but I can't bend down much at the moment to train with him - LOL maybe I should put him on the table! Do you think you could train Duke the picnic basket trick? I know for sure Zac won't learn something like that and it would be very nice to be able to include it.

dukey_boy

LOL. Well Duke keeps trying to chew the handle of my picnic basket to pieces! Luckily I've always been near to stop him.
His trick is ready to go-just need to wait how the heat to abate so I can shoot it outdoors.... Does he need to roll the blanket out too or is someone else doing that?