Let's Make A Video!

southerngirl

Honored Member
That's a really good idea!
At least Piper is keen! I know you'll get there with her in the end.
I already got Missy to rebound off a tree in just a few minutes. I had her rebound me a few times than patted a tree. At first she was just putting her front feet on it than bam she rebound off of it.:D I had her do it three more times and stopped to end on a good note.
And I've been teaching Piper to rebound off me and she's catching on pretty quick. I'm pretty sure though when I get to where I'm standing I'll need something soft to land on... I'm only 113 pounds and Piper is 50 pounds.:eek: I already get pushed back from 35 pound Missy.

running_dog

Honored Member
I already got Missy to rebound off a tree in just a few minutes. I had her rebound me a few times than patted a tree. At first she was just putting her front feet on it than bam she rebound off of it.:D I had her do it three more times and stopped to end on a good note.
And I've been teaching Piper to rebound off me and she's catching on pretty quick. I'm pretty sure though when I get to where I'm standing I'll need something soft to land on... I'm only 113 pounds and Piper is 50 pounds.:eek: I already get pushed back from 35 pound Missy.
Looking forward to seeing Missy and Piper in action! :):cool:

southerngirl

Honored Member
Anyone else have some adventures ideas? Maybe your dog jumping into water only if the water is warm enough were you are. Climbing under a fallen tree, grabbing their backpack to go hike

dukey_boy

I've got some ideas but the weather went south (Or maybe north as it is cold.) If the weather warms up next week, I'll try to get my videos in.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
I've been notoriously MIA...are we still doing the envelope/bandana?

It's been crazy around here but I'm on vacation in a couple weeks and could work on it then if it isn't too late.

running_dog

Honored Member
I've still only thought of Zac climbing a tree. I just haven't been anywhere with the right kind of trees at the right kind of time recently.

running_dog

Honored Member
That's great Danielle, well done to you and Missy for getting this done!
I like the one-before-last where Missy does the wider rebound.
Great work! LOVE the trick!

Now I have to go film Zac... I meant to try to film him while I was at the woods yesterday but I forgot to take the bandanna :oops:. All being well I will make an opportunity to get this done on Monday.

MissyBC

Experienced Member
@running_dog: I hate to do this, but I am going to have to drop out. It's just I find it hard to videotape my Missy on her longline, and I still don't trust her off leash yet. Sorry! I hope you understand. If anything changes I will let you know.

southerngirl

Honored Member
@running_dog: I hate to do this, but I am going to have to drop out. It's just I find it hard to videotape my Missy on her longline, and I still don't trust her off leash yet. Sorry! I hope you understand. If anything changes I will let you know.
Aww don't drop out. :( Piper has to be on a long line too.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hey what about everyone doing some kind of trick with a tree? Rebound, jump over, crawl under, target, circle so on. Missy did rebound, Zac could climb a tree, Piper could circle and so on.
I think we should start doing a weekly trick challenge to get this done Such as This weeks trick Challange "Use A Tree for a Trick"
Next Weeks Trick Challange "Use Water for a Trick" And so on. This way everyone is more motivated to get the video done.

running_dog

Honored Member
Here's a contribution from Zac, not perfect and he doesn't do anything particularly clever. I may be able to get a better angle tomorrow or at least a final triumphant clip - but it depends on the weather and any passing dogs, not to mention the squirrels, hares and deer, it is in a particularly distracting bit of woodland where I don't normally let Zac off the lead.

Hopefully you'll be able to follow the mini-story.