Let's Make A Video!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
OMG RD THAT is so amazing!! You are so talented!!! What a great picture!!

Did you do that with GIMP? I have no idea how it works but I'm thinking of looking into it - I would love to be able to get that creative with pictures!!

running_dog

Honored Member
OMG RD THAT is so amazing!! You are so talented!!! What a great picture!!

Did you do that with GIMP? I have no idea how it works but I'm thinking of looking into it - I would love to be able to get that creative with pictures!!
Thanks Jazzy, I'm glad you like the picture.

Yes the picture is done with Gimp. I've used Gimp a few times both for stitching photos and for drawing. I think Gimp is great... and it is free... and of course don't forget Gimp has a cute dog holding paintbrush logo... so just download it and enjoy playing... I think you'd have a great time with your pictures of Veronica.

running_dog

Honored Member
Hi MissyBC, yes we are working to a kind of theme which began in this post.

While I am getting round to finishing the photo we all need to,
  • Buy, beg, borrow or bake (well M-ake didn't alliterate :LOL: ) a bandana for our dog (if we haven't already got one), the colour/design has already been kind of agreed (red with a pattern?). Please could one of you who has one of the agreed bandanas please post a photo of it (with or without dog :rolleyes: ) showing the kind of red and the pattern?
  • Plan (and begin to train) the tricks our dogs are going to do at the beginning - looking sadly at the photo, getting the mail, unwrapping the parcel, wearing the bandana. These can be indoor or outdoor but the lighter the environment the better. They will be mixed in with video of other dogs. I asked about timings before and haven't had a response so I'm going to pick a number for this first part of the video... 10 - 20 seconds of tricks from each dog (That's in total for section one - if you have a long "getting the mail" sequence cut short the "opening the parcel"). Aim for really polished short performances, you can send more but they will be cut down to keep the total video length reasonable.
  • Think about camera angles and how they make video more dramatic - for example I've been thinking of Zac just grabbing the parcel from the letter box we have in our door, I could prop the camera low on the floor so we are looking up at the letter box from an angle and Zac zooms in above.
  • We need to think about the second (bandana wearing section) of the video and the finale (Zzzzzzz)
The deadline for getting suitable bandanas (and the very latest for me finishing the picture) is 8th January, be expecting to submit videos for section one within a week of that and for section 2 and the finale the following week.

People with pups will have to film all the sections at almost the same time. we can't have the pups doubling in size between getting the bandanas and going out to party in them and then doubling in size again before bedtime O_o. It seems a good idea if we all work to the same deadlines for now.

In summary: get a bandana and plan/train your tricks for section one.

Sorry if I sound draconian but I feel that if we (especially me) don't have a few deadlines we are never going to finish :( .

MaryK

Honored Member
Leaf has a red bandana with a yellow kind of paisley design. Blossom - ooops at present she refuses to wear anything - it ends up in her mouth! She would though I sure be VERY good at ripping open a parcel!!!!!! Cannot do letterbox as ours is right on the street and whilst I trust Leafy I DO NOT trust Ms. Blossom. I'm sure you understand with such a young puppy. Maybe we could film Leafy getting the parcel, though she hasn't learned pick up and carry yet, and bringing it to Blossom, who will 'open' it.

The sleeping part will be tricky because if I film inside it will be too dark. Cannot seem to get this camera to work well inside at all. Will try to get one outside. Now the hardest part - getting partner to co-operate with the filming because LOL if I try Leaf takes waaaaaaaaaay to much interest in the camera!:rolleyes:

Thank you for the guidelines.

running_dog

Honored Member
Leaf has a red bandana with a yellow kind of paisley design. Blossom - ooops at present she refuses to wear anything - it ends up in her mouth! She would though I sure be VERY good at ripping open a parcel!!!!!! Cannot do letterbox as ours is right on the street and whilst I trust Leafy I DO NOT trust Ms. Blossom. I'm sure you understand with such a young puppy. Maybe we could film Leafy getting the parcel, though she hasn't learned pick up and carry yet, and bringing it to Blossom, who will 'open' it.
I should have said that we don't need every dog to do every thing as we are mixing up the dogs we just need to give the overall impression that they all got the parcel and opened it. You could put more time into opening the parcel and skip the getting the parcel - I'm sure that Blossom opening the parcel would be very entertaining :)

running_dog

Honored Member

MaryK

Honored Member
I should have said that we don't need every dog to do every thing as we are mixing up the dogs we just need to give the overall impression that they all got the parcel and opened it. You could put more time into opening the parcel and skip the getting the parcel - I'm sure that Blossom opening the parcel would be very entertaining :)
Thanks Running Dog:) I'll work something out along those lines. LOL Blossom opening a parcel will be entertaining and probably very messy!:) Going to be entertaining working the two dogs together on tricks. And I hope the rain clears, although we do need it, because neither Leaf nor my partner (who will do the videoing) will work in the rain:rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks Danielle, I'm sorry I missed that.
But just to be absolutely certain... if I have to order the scarf it is the "red" not the "plain red" I order?
Ouch! The price is fine but the postage - once again it's way too high to justify buying one. Sorry guys Leaf will have to wear one which is a bit different. It's red with a yellow paisley type of design. The postage to Australia is a real killer with anything coming from over seas :eek::mad:! If I used ordinary sea mail it will take around six weeks to arrive.:(

southerngirl

Honored Member
Ouch! The price is fine but the postage - once again it's way too high to justify buying one. Sorry guys Leaf will have to wear one which is a bit different. It's red with a yellow paisley type of design. The postage to Australia is a real killer with anything coming from over seas :eek::mad:! If I used ordinary sea mail it will take around six weeks to arrive.:(
You don't have to order from the site. I'm getting mine from my local grocery store. It's the same. You could look at your local grocery store, craft store or online in Australia for one. At my grocery store it's only $1.

MaryK

Honored Member
You don't have to order from the site. I'm getting mine from my local grocery store. It's the same. You could look at your local grocery store, craft store or online in Australia for one. At my grocery store it's only $1.
You're so lucky! Checked here and asked, got a look as if to say 'hey you crazy or something:confused: ". No luck so far, nothing anywhere even resembling a bandana.:( Will keep looking, otherwise Leaf will have to wear what I've already got - bought a while ago not here either! Not sure Blossom would keep anything on at present, except her collar and lead, as she's at the 'let's put in our mouth and rip it up' stage! I tried her with a Christmas hat, LOL she managed to take it off and race into the garden. I did retrieve it before she had time to chew it up thank goodness!

running_dog

Honored Member
You're so lucky! Checked here and asked, got a look as if to say 'hey you crazy or something:confused: ". No luck so far, nothing anywhere even resembling a bandana.:( Will keep looking, otherwise Leaf will have to wear what I've already got - bought a while ago not here either! Not sure Blossom would keep anything on at present, except her collar and lead, as she's at the 'let's put in our mouth and rip it up' stage! I tried her with a Christmas hat, LOL she managed to take it off and race into the garden. I did retrieve it before she had time to chew it up thank goodness!
Hi Mary - What about this one from Ebay Australia, it is 4 Australian dollars (I understand that's about £2? :unsure: ) and free postage? The design probably isn't a perfect match but it is in white rather than yellow. If you look at other Ebay Australia sites you can get them even cheaper posted free from Hong Kong but the delivery time is long.

Zac's was £1 and free postage from Ebay UK, again not a perfect match but very close. It arrived today.

Hi Everyone else (and Mary) :D Zac's never worn anything like a bandana before but he's quite laid back about it all. I just tied it on him and he has been wearing it ever since. I thought my family would complain but instead he got, "Awwwwwwww, I always like dogs wearing those!"
IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8614.JPG

MaryK

Honored Member
Awwwwwwww Zac looks fantastic! Just LOVE his sit pretty one, although they're all gorgeous!

Thanks for the url, will look into that, just the time factor. I've never yet found they come on the 'due date'. The post here is very slow:( .

They look very similar to one I already have, red with a yellow type of design. I tried Ms. B with a 'make do' one and no luck so far, she's more interested in ripping it off - not sure she'll mature enough just yet to wear one she's still only 3.5 months old and still at the very chew everything in sight, around my neck and well if I my teeth can reach it I'll chew it stage.

I want to shoot the video over the week end, IF the weather improves. We're on a catastrophic fire warning at present and the heat is terrible - 45C shade temp. Plus lighting, the glare is really bad and very hard to get decent photos/videos even around sunset. A cool change has been predicted, hopefully it will be cool, not just a slight shift in the wind and the glare factor will ease. Plus neither dog or myself can work outside in this weather. Fingers crossed it eases so I can get the video done on time.

running_dog

Honored Member
Looking forward to seeing what you and the dogs come up with :)

Reminds self that I must finish that photo... :oops:

Looks like Zac's bandana is already going to need a wash... he went in the car with me when I went milking and although he just waited in the car somehow the bandana has ended up rather mud spattered... thankfully it is clean mud not cow muck :rolleyes:

running_dog

Honored Member
Here's the photo with all the dogs on it, wish now I'd gone for a landscape format :( but I thought I would need the height for the flag. The scale of some of the dogs is wrong not to mention the light and shade being rather off but hopefully it will do for what we are using it for.
dogs2.jpg