Lets All Do Squats Lol

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
I want to see Olivers videos - and anyone who wants to show off the beg-tall-beg sequence. It took Ayla a long time to get a few second beg - but she is a big dog (100+ lbs) - what is the biggest dog you have seen hold a beg for any length of time?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"I want to see Olivers videos "//

now Lisa, don't encourage more beg-bragging!! rofl!:ROFLMAO:

j/k! Yes, do post Oliver doing a beg on a balance beam...go on...make me cry...:LOL:

Buddy is only 50 pounds, but, he is fairly big-chested for a 50 lb dog. He is not one of those sleek slim looking BCs, he is more thicker-chested, really....which i like to blame for his lousy beg, not my inability to train him to hold a beg, instead i say "it's his body type", i say.;).even though he's only 50 lbs....:LOL:

but yeah, i think for large dogs, i think it would be a looooottt harder for a large dog to hold a prolonged beg...it would be interesting to know how long a really large dog can hold a beg...

Honored Member
Holly can't do beg yet and she's only 5.7kg (~12.5 pounds).

I was trying to teach her but she needs to put her front paws on my hand (once she figured out I didn't want her to stand right up on her feet), so now I click when I remove my hand and she stays up for a second.
I think maybe part of the problem is her age, maybe she doesn't have good stomach muscles yet and I don't want to make her practice it too often.
Although maybe it is her shape too. She is a bit pug-shaped so she has reasonably broad shoulders and chest so maybe that makes it harder. Although I have seen Pugs on youtube doing beg (but they usually have a fatter stomach than Holly so maybe that stomach helps them stay up :ROFLMAO:;)) .

I think Holly will eventually get it, it's just going to take a while.
I also want to teach her to do handstands when she is an adult (I'm sure I've read that this is best left until they are adult and finished growing), maybe next year

Dogster

Honored Member
Holly can't do beg yet and she's only 5.7kg (~12.5 pounds).

I was trying to teach her but she needs to put her front paws on my hand (once she figured out I didn't want her to stand right up on her feet), so now I click when I remove my hand and she stays up for a second.
I think maybe part of the problem is her age, maybe she doesn't have good stomach muscles yet and I don't want to make her practice it too often.
Although maybe it is her shape too. She is a bit pug-shaped so she has reasonably broad shoulders and chest so maybe that makes it harder. Although I have seen Pugs on youtube doing beg (but they usually have a fatter stomach than Holly so maybe that stomach helps them stay up :ROFLMAO:;)) .

I think Holly will eventually get it, it's just going to take a while.
I also want to teach her to do handstands when she is an adult (I'm sure I've read that this is best left until they are adult and finished growing), maybe next year
Hey Tigerlily!!!! Another member!!!! Welcome to the non-begging club, 648117!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Honored Member
Hopefully she wont stay a non-begger.
Although we have been working on beg for about a month so Holly might never be good at it, but I think she will eventually get it.

Holly never sits in a beg position on her own the first time I tried to get her to do it she could not figure out how I wanter her to sit at all, she will go right up on her back feet (eg, if I'm holding her kong) and can walk backwards on her hind legs (although I haven't given it a cue yet)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
<-----laffs:LOL: remembering what i wrote on page 1, on reply #4.....

//"Tif WILL nail this one within a week or so, soon as she gets around to it!!:ROFLMAO:"//

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm so Jelous tiff I still can't get Missy to go from tall to beg:( Right now I'm clicking for beg to tall to a somewhat sit(she is close to begging but she ends up sitting). Please post a video of you working on this with Bella. This is the hardest trick I have ever taught so far.

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
I'm so Jelous tiff I still can't get Missy to go from tall to beg:( Right now I'm clicking for beg to tall to a somewhat sit(she is close to begging but she ends up sitting). Please post a video of you working on this with Bella. This is the hardest trick I have ever taught so far.
She's yet to do it again. I think repitition help as she comes down whether in a stand or sit i make her do beg straight away and keep repeating it.

Honored Member
Sorry Tigerlily and Dogster, Holly has to leave the "non-begging" club......

It's not the prettiest beg and it took a while, but once she figured out the balance she can now hold it for a couple of seconds.