I Fell Off The Wagon... Petfinder

MaryK

Honored Member
Scout is named for the little girl in "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Boo is named for another character in that book) a favorite book of mine. And actually, most people think she is a boy because of that, I've only every had one person guess why her name is Scout... and she is an English teacher LOL. All my dogs have literary names, even Mouse is named for a dog in a book :)

I really wish you all would quit thinking I'm amazing. I'm not, there are a TON of better trainers out there, and a TON of people doing more for deaf and disabled dogs than I am. Yes, I try to do my part, but it's no more than most, and alot less than some (whom I admire greatly!) What my main goal is, is to teach my deafies enough that they "look" amazing, then use them to educate people.

MaryK, there is a lady I know who rescues deaf herding dogs (Koolies, Border Collies and ACD's) in Australia. she knows others who run deaf Koolies in agility. I could put you in touch with her, if you like. But be warned, she is not a positive trainer, but is quite willing to argue the benefits of adversives (Just ask Adrianne)

And I'll say it again, over and over, that deaf dogs ARE easier than hearing dogs!
Ouch! I did English Lit at Uni and also have read the book and had the movie out not so long ago(n)
Just didn't think(n)
But love the fact that all your dogs have literary connections, that's awesome. Now wracking my brains as to which book Mouse's name comes from - you realize I will not sleep now:D

O.K. we won't say a word, just maybe three or four or more:LOL:. And you cannot stop us THINKING either:LOL:

I would be interested but afraid she'll never convince me otherwise when it comes to training. I'm totally Positive Reinforcement. She's entitled to her beliefs and I to mine and LOL looks like never the twain shall meet:D

I'm in Adelaide at present.

MaryK

Honored Member
Dogster and Amateur, LOVE both your comments and YOU'RE BOTH RIGHT:LOL:

I agree Amateur about where Sara's satisfaction comes from and LOVE your closing remark:D

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Yeah Sara, what they said!! Just shut up and take the compliments!! :LOL: We love what you're doing for your dogs, and for the education you're providing out there in the world via your dogs - they're wonderful ambassadors for deaf dogs everywhere. So we'll continue to think you and your dogs are amazing if we want to. We love them, what you're doing with and for them, for others thru them (education) and we love you for it. :D:love: So there. :)

I got an email from my friend with doxies. I saw her with her 3 pups at the dog event yesterday and told her about Mouse and the video. There was a booth called "Foxy Doxy" there (didn't stop, too hectic everywhere) but she did and ended up helping out. She said they had 2 double dapple deaffies - you want them? ;) She LOVED the video, and she has already posted Mouse's video up on her Doxie club's site - so look out, soon Mouse will be wanting a dressing room, days off, etc. :cool:

And - my apologies to both Mouse and Scout. I knew both were girls, why did I do that? So sorry. :oops:

MaryK

Honored Member
Hear! Hear! Sara, LOL do as you're told:D

Hey that's awesome that Mouse is about to go viral, a Star is Born!:cool::D

sara

Staff member
OK all, fine, I'm brilliant and amazing and I accept accolades and monitary gifts due my brilliant and amazing abilities and worthyness. :rolleyes: Happy now? :ROFLMAO:

Mouse is the name of a dog (a large dog) in a children's book in the UK.

Mouse will be signing autographs in a month's time, venue to be announced ;). Seriously, though. that video will never go viral, as there are only a limited number of people interested in deaf/blind/disabled dogs :) but she is a very special dog in the eyes of those few :)

NO MORE DOGS! :ROFLMAO: but I would LOVE to see pics! :love:

MaryK

Honored Member
OK all, fine, I'm brilliant and amazing and I accept accolades and monitary gifts due my brilliant and amazing abilities and worthyness. :rolleyes: Happy now? :ROFLMAO:
I think she's got it - CLICK./TREAT Sara got have a large bowl of icecream:D

Mouse is the name of a dog (a large dog) in a children's book in the UK.

Oh think Mary think! LOng time since I read children's books, it's in my mind somewhere though!

Mouse will be signing autographs in a month's time, venue to be announced ;). Seriously, though. that video will never go viral, as there are only a limited number of people interested in deaf/blind/disabled dogs :) but she is a very special dog in the eyes of those few :)

Will be lining up for an autograph Mouse:love:

I think it's getting to the people who have, in the past, though that deaf/blind/disabled dogs were too hard. The more people who see the vids, the more the word will spread and people will become interested.

NO MORE DOGS! :ROFLMAO: but I would LOVE to see pics! :love:
Famous last words!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mouse was the name of Harry Dresdens dog in the book The Dresden Files buy I think Jim Butcher. Harry Dresden was a wizard, right? And his dog Mouse helped him. If I'm not right then my mind's going to need an overhaul:eek:

sara

Staff member
You know, I was going to give you all heck for turning this thread into a thread about me.... then I realized I started this thread about me to begin with! Ha ha ha

My memory thinks I'm 20 years older than I am :ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO: O.K. so we now start a thread "Accolades to Sara Dog Trainer of the Century"? Then you can close it down:giggle:

Of course, if you remember too that is:D that makes your memory how old ??????? :D

sara

Staff member
No no, that was a deaf border collie I fostered, flew to a home in Ottawa, which fell through, so my sister fostered him until a spot in that rescue opened up. I am pissed because my family and I spent sooo much love, time, money and effort on the dog, and she doesn't have the decency to let me know that he found a forever home.

sara

Staff member
I would never choose to have a border collie live with me LOL not that I dont like them, I certainly do, but they are just too different from what I'm used to! give me an independent stubborn terrier any day!!!