How Do You Get Your Dog To Go In The Water?

jacobite

Altho Charlie is petrified of water, he did once follow another dog who was older and a playmate. He isits other dogs on a farm and he will go into his hauches, he won't go further. I thought border collies loed water

MaryK

Honored Member
Most BC's do love water but hey, like humans, they're individuals and have their own ways. I wouldn't worry if Charlie doesn't want to go in the water. My boy Zeus HATES water and positively thinks you're being so mean and nasty if he gets even one paw wet:rolleyes:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Remi hated water until I got in a pool at some family's house. He avoided the water for a while, but once my sister swam under water he freaked out and dove in after her. We still joke to this day that he was trying to save her from drowning. He still does this any time anyone swims underwater. He loves water as long as there is something he can rest on in the middle of pool.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
LOL would that be a human back to rest on?
Most of the time! He also enjoys our faces if he can! :ROFLMAO: I can't tell you how many times I have gotten out of the pool with scratches all over my face and back cause of him! But if I put him out the pool he jumps right back in, so I know he isn't scared. Maybe he is just being lazy :rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Most of the time! He also enjoys our faces if he can! :ROFLMAO: I can't tell you how many times I have gotten out of the pool with scratches all over my face and back cause of him! But if I put him out the pool he jumps right back in, so I know he isn't scared. Maybe he is just being lazy :rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry cannot help laughing but being a human li-lo to a dog isn't that funny at times! Of course he wants a lie down, he's just conserving his energy for other activities, water therapy is very good for the body and soul.
:D I had a GS who wasn't afraid of water at all but did feel the need to 'rescue' me when I was in swimming - by grabbing my bikini bottoms - caused me a lot of embarrassment at times:eek:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry cannot help laughing but being a human li-lo to a dog isn't that funny at times! Of course he wants a lie down, he's just conserving his energy for other activities, water therapy is very good for the body and soul.
:D I had a GS who wasn't afraid of water at all but did feel the need to 'rescue' me when I was in swimming - by grabbing my bikini bottoms - caused me a lot of embarrassment at times:eek:
:ROFLMAO: Thankful Remi hasn't figured out he grab our clothes yet! He has figured that its best to pull our hair or bite our ears until we reassure him that we're okay.