Hello From Greece

MaryK

Honored Member
So glad you're back.:) Lovely to see Jose has healed so well and is now running and playing like all youngsters deserve to do.:D His scar will probably 'diminish' a little with time, my late GS also had a badly broken leg, before I got him, and the thick area on his leg did seem to diminish a little over time, or I just didn't really notice it much. But hey I'm sure Jose doesn't mind at all, it'll give him bragging rights among all his doggy friends.:D

I see Danielle has found the thread on shaping, hope it all works out well for you and ask any questions of course, as you're sure to get answers from people here.

As Jose is still very young, he'll soon catch up on his training, he's probably rearing to go now he's better!:D

emmanef

Thank you Danielle for the link!

MaryK, Jose is a relaxed dog and rears to go only when there are special treats :rolleyes:. The girls will play even for kibble. He is a low drive dog, but he will respond to the cues he knows. We just have to catch up a bit.
And I have to get my act together and do more shaping with all of them!

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Danielle for the link!

MaryK, Jose is a relaxed dog and rears to go only when there are special treats :rolleyes:. The girls will play even for kibble. He is a low drive dog, but he will respond to the cues he knows. We just have to catch up a bit.
And I have to get my act together and do more shaping with all of them!
:LOL: Sounds like you'll have to stock up on VERY high quality treats for Jose! He's like my older boy, only works for high pay!!!! Obviously the 'executive type' of dog - CEO pay only, otherwise he'll just chill out!:rolleyes:

Leaf will work for just the smell of a treat!:rolleyes:

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hello to everyone!
I have 3 dogs. Pepita, a sheepdog (about 4 years old), Jose, a rescue mix (about 4 years old), and Zelda, an English Springer Spaniel (about 1 year old). We live in the suburbs of Athens. Zelda goes hunting with my husband and really enjoys that. I have been following Susan Garrett's 5 minutes to a brilliant recall course and have seen great results with Zelda (as we worked more with her as she had a job-hunting). I am a bit behing on my trick training. About 2 weeks ago Jose broke his left front leg in a fight with a stray dog (he escaped the yard), so we also have to deal with that now.
You can see here Zelda (as a puppy) playing with Pepita and Jose in slow motion
and Zelda's training in the past year http://youtu.be/37Kj4jB2jgg.
I look forward to many great conversations and getting to know you all!
Hi, how are you and the dogs doing. Have you been able to teach them new tricks. And did Jose's leg heal nicely?