Hello From Greece

emmanef

Hello to everyone!
I have 3 dogs. Pepita, a sheepdog (about 4 years old), Jose, a rescue mix (about 4 years old), and Zelda, an English Springer Spaniel (about 1 year old). We live in the suburbs of Athens. Zelda goes hunting with my husband and really enjoys that. I have been following Susan Garrett's 5 minutes to a brilliant recall course and have seen great results with Zelda (as we worked more with her as she had a job-hunting). I am a bit behing on my trick training. About 2 weeks ago Jose broke his left front leg in a fight with a stray dog (he escaped the yard), so we also have to deal with that now.
You can see here Zelda (as a puppy) playing with Pepita and Jose in slow motion
and Zelda's training in the past year http://youtu.be/37Kj4jB2jgg.
I look forward to many great conversations and getting to know you all!

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome!!:) Loved your vid. beautiful dogs. Poor Jose, how's his broken leg healing?
Have fun on the forum and don't hesitate to jump in, everyone is very friendly here.:)

emmanef

Hi and Welcome!!:) Loved your vid. beautiful dogs. Poor Jose, how's his broken leg healing?
Have fun on the forum and don't hesitate to jump in, everyone is very friendly here.:)
Thank you! I will post whenever I upload something. Always proud of my babies :)
As Jose he had surgery last week, things are still slow. We have to take him to the vet to clean the wound. We will see tomorrow how the wound is healing. Unfortunately, the bone break was a bad one and it is unlikely to heal properly. We will have to see how it goes.. But he has an appetite and will bark and is keen to play games for treats, so he is getting better.

MaryK

Honored Member
Sorry to hear Jose's break was a bad one but happy to know he's eating and playing, always a good sign. Hope all goes well at his next vet's visit.

emmanef

Sorry to hear Jose's break was a bad one but happy to know he's eating and playing, always a good sign. Hope all goes well at his next vet's visit.
Thank you MaryK! We went to have the wound cleaned and dressed today, and it seems to be healing OK. We will see again on Monday. Have a nice weekend :) !

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you MaryK! We went to have the wound cleaned and dressed today, and it seems to be healing OK. We will see again on Monday. Have a nice weekend :) !
Thank you for letting us know he's healing o.k. Have a lovely weekend yourself and hugs to Jose:)
Hoping all goes well on Monday for you both, he's such a delightful doggy:)

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! Your dogs are beautiful! but sorry to hear about the leg break, that's a tough one. I grew up with a Springer x, so I have a def. love of the breed!

emmanef

Sorry for the late reply. It has been ages since I logged on.
The camera is a Canon Ixus I think. A small compact one but it has turned out pretty good.
The good news is Jose's leg has healed completely. The bone did not set perfectly, as the break was really bad, but at least he didn't loose the leg and he can run and play :) It was a long journey but he made it!
You can see the scar in his left leg, but I am sure he doesn't mind.

Attachments

emmanef

Thank you southerngirl!
My ambitious plan is to start learning/teaching tricks on a more regular basis, so I will be looking around for ideas and instructions.
My dogs are clicker trained and know a bit of shaping, except for Jose who insist on putting his paws on or sitting on something and not offering anything else (that is his version of shaping, and as he was injured his training has lagged). He is my shaping challenge :)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hmm.. There is a thread somewhere about someone who had posted about shaping trouble with their dog Streets. I'll find it for you.