Fun Question

How many clickers do you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SD&B

Experienced Member
:D:D
Yeah, i need to get one of those protruding button kind...i wonder, can one click them with your mouth?:ROFLMAO: when i was teaching Buddy to hold his one paw on his forehead, for "headache"
i did it by first, holding his paw,
and then, luring him to put his face UNDER that paw, to get a treat,
but, as you can picture,
i now had no hand left to CLICK!:ROFLMAO:

and my box-clicker is still too loud to click by his head, either, even though i have added some tape to it to soften the noise down a bit........but i could not use either hand, both hands so close to his head, to click my box clicker.

what i ended up doing, was,:rolleyes: for the lure---i ended up holding an upside down cup, which had some scents inside of it, and had the cup over a clicker, as the lure...then i could click Buddy for his putting his head under his paw, cuz cup muffled the click enough.
Yes, you can click the iclicker style with any pressure. You can use your mouth, your foot, your knee or elbow, or any place where you can squeeze hard enough. I do advise getting the real iclickers, since I find them to be a bit softer in noise and require a bit less pressure than the chinese rip-offs. The iclickers I have gotten seem to me to be significantly softer in noise than the box clickers. In fact, I've seen this as a complaint in some of the reviews of iclickers on Amazon. You should definitely give the iclicker a try.

I tried it with my mouth. While not really comfortable, I was able to do it and then I had to treat the dogs, since they heard a click :D

I get my thumb stuck in the box clickers :rolleyes:

SD&B

Experienced Member
I can't vote anymore but I do believe I have ten (some lay in the car in case I forget my clicker and in my trainingbag). I only use 4 though, those are the same one Dogster posted. The others I got for free at events etc.
I always keep a couple or three extras in my training bag too. I've been able to lend one to a friend in class, since I usually have spares.

Dice Smith

Yeah, i need to get one of those protruding button kind...i wonder, can one click them with your mouth?:ROFLMAO: when i was teaching Buddy to hold his one paw on his forehead, for "headache"
i did it by first, holding his paw,
and then, luring him to put his face UNDER that paw, to get a treat,
but, as you can picture,
i now had no hand left to CLICK!:ROFLMAO:

and my box-clicker is still too loud to click by his head, either, even though i have added some tape to it to soften the noise down a bit........but i could not use either hand, both hands so close to his head, to click my box clicker.

what i ended up doing, was,:rolleyes: for the lure---i ended up holding an upside down cup, which had some scents inside of it, and had the cup over a clicker, as the lure...then i could click Buddy for his putting his head under his paw, cuz cup muffled the click enough.
Oh my gosh I was so used to Kodi's starmark clicker it made the perfect click, not to soft, not to loud. But since I lost it I've been using a box clicker. They are so much louder and today while I was teaching him to cross his paws in the opposite direction I clicked it to close to his head. I feel so damn awful and I'm afraid he may never like clickers again :( He got sooo scared. He hates loud noises, especially those annoying pop its you can buy in the summer, you guys know what I'm talking about? You throw them on cement and they pop really loudly? Anyways my sister loves them and Kodi's horrified of them so ever since I clicked today he's been afraid of my sister cause he thinks she was playing with pop its by him (he despises all thunder and fireworks too. anything loud). I feel terrible for him ='( Does anyone have any advice for us?

SD&B

Experienced Member
Oh my gosh I was so used to Kodi's starmark clicker it made the perfect click, not to soft, not to loud. But since I lost it I've been using a box clicker. They are so much louder and today while I was teaching him to cross his paws in the opposite direction I clicked it to close to his head. I feel so damn awful and I'm afraid he may never like clickers again :( He got sooo scared. He hates loud noises, especially those annoying pop its you can buy in the summer, you guys know what I'm talking about? You throw them on cement and they pop really loudly? Anyways my sister loves them and Kodi's horrified of them so ever since I clicked today he's been afraid of my sister cause he thinks she was playing with pop its by him (he despises all thunder and fireworks too. anything loud). I feel terrible for him ='( Does anyone have any advice for us?
Oh, poor Kodi! I feel for the guy....

I would get a different clicker, such as the iclicker or another starmark. (iclickers have a softer noise than a starmark, as far as the ones I've owned.) You can order either from Amazon, if you can't find them locally. In the meantime, follow Tigerlily's suggestion of putting some tape on the box clicker to soften the noise. Even hold a towel over your hand with the clicker in it if that seems to soften the noise even more. If you need to, click at a distance from him and throw him treats to help desensitize him to loud noises.

As far as your sister, she needs to come up with some yummy treats such as hot dogs, chicken, or steak to help Kodi like her again. She may have to drop or throw treats and give him some distance if he is too terrified of her.

Just brainstorming here. Hope there is something of use to you.

Dice Smith

Thank you so much for the advice! I actually bought him a clicker similiar to the starmark clicker today and he loves it so much more than the box clicker. I'm going to give that one to my sister for when she trains her lab :) And I'll have my sister try those techniques next time she comes over to visit. Thank you so much once again :) This helped a lot!