Dog Yoga

Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by Jean Cote, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Jean Cote Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Let's all start training together again! Here's an easy trick called dog yoga to get started and soon we'll be training cooler and fancier tricks!

You're welcome to ask any questions or leave a comment below.

Please post a reply with your YouTube video showing your dog doing this trick. You can film using your iPhone, iPad, cell phone, etc... It doesn't have to be fancy. :)

2. Mutt Experienced Member

Yeay!
    I would love these kind of challenges on a regular base! (y):D
    bekah1001, MaryK, Dlilly and 2 others like this.
  3. Dogster Honored Member

Yay!!! First challenge!!! I'll get started right away!!!:D
    MaryK, Jean Cote and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  4. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I think I'm gonna try this one too! :D
    MaryK, Tâmara Vaz and Jean Cote like this.
  5. southerngirl Honored Member

6. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

I'm in.;)
    --But Laika pratically already knows this one, because I was trying to teach the pray trick--
    MaryK likes this.
  7. MaryK Honored Member

I'm in too but the same Tamara, Ra Kismet has almost got this trick too, for the same reason, say you're prayers. He still drops one paw at times (as did Jean's dog) working to correct that;) Glad to see an expert's dog does the same but LOL Ra Kismet doesn't always 'correct' so quickly:rolleyes:
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  8. southerngirl Honored Member

Same here, Missy already knows "Say your prayers" so it should be really easy.
    Tâmara Vaz and MaryK like this.
  9. Anneke Honored Member

I'm in too, making the vid right now.
    Mine know this too. Like some of the others I was teaching it as say your prayers;)
    MaryK, Tâmara Vaz and Dogster like this.
  10. Dogster Honored Member

Me too, I was teaching it as say your prayers. :)
    MaryK and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  11. Anneke Honored Member

Ok, I'm kicking off, i guess:D
    Here is Jinx her vid

And here is Cooper. He finds this trick a bit difficult, because he isn't that flexible in his back.
    MaryK, Jean Cote, Tâmara Vaz and 4 others like this.
  12. Dogster Honored Member

Great job!!!!!:D
  13. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I'm so jealous of you all for having already taught "say your prayers" I've tried teaching it but I gave up after awhile. You all are so talented!
  14. Jean Cote Administrator

Great job Anneke! This trick is a lot harder for larger breeds, my husky also finds this trick difficult but it's really cool that you were able to train it. With practice your dog will become more flexible. :)
  15. jackienmutts Honored Member

Doggone it, we're gonna have to sit this one out - one with bad hips, and one with a bad back, no jumping up here. :oops: Can't wait to see everyone else's tho!! So glad you started training challenges again, Jean!!! (y):cool:
  16. MaryK Honored Member

Great job Anneke!(y):D Partner is going to vid my boy today, hopefully fingers crossed, though the vid may not be quite so good as Anneke's. Still learning how to produce good vids:rolleyes:
  17. Anneke Honored Member

MaryK, I just put my camera on a chair, or in this case on a treelog. I make the dog sit stay and then see if I have the right camera angle. Then start filming. Later I edit out the parts I don't need using windows movie maker. ;)
    MaryK, Dogster, Tâmara Vaz and 2 others like this.
  18. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

This is Laika doing the Dog Yoga(:D So cute!! ):

Happy with the training challenges, too!!!!
  19. Dogster Honored Member

I lOVE IT!!!!!:love::love: It's SO CUTE!!!! She does it with so much enthusiasm!!!!:D
    Tâmara Vaz and MaryK like this.
  20. Anneke Honored Member

She looks tooo cute!!!:love::love:
    Are those paintings in the background?? Really like those!(y)