Dog Chair

Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by Jean Cote, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Dogster Honored Member

Great video!!!!! Kodi's tricks are awesome!!!!!!:D LOL, cat on chair.:p
    MaryK, Dice Smith and Tâmara Vaz like this.

2. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

He's sooooooooooooo cute doing the "head tricks" !!! And the cat above the chair made me laught!:ROFLMAO:
    Mutt, MaryK, Dice Smith and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dice Smith Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :) Yeah, the kitty is Benjamen. He's my sister's cat and is ALWAYS getting in the way lol. He tries his hardest to steal treats lol. :p And then he'll look at you and I swear he's smiling! Pretty cute :love:
    MaryK, Dogster and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  4. DaniG Well-Known Member

Oohhh this sounds fun, just seeing this now, but I was thinking about using a chair to expand on Lin-Zee's "Scoot" behavior.... will take a video and upload this weekend :D
  5. MaryK Honored Member

Ra Kismet's Chair Trick Challenge Vid.
    k9 crazed, huntyr, Anneke and 5 others like this.
  6. Jean Cote Administrator

Awesome! Great job and great integration between the 2 tricks! :)
    Dogster, Tâmara Vaz and MaryK like this.
  7. MaryK Honored Member

Thank you:D
  8. Dioritt Well-Known Member

I'd love to try this one but we don't have a chair (only armchairs) in our house. Is it acceptable to use an armchair?

I think Alf could do Ra Kizmet's trick. He certainly knows how to jump on a chair and he loves jumping through a hoop. It seems a bit too easy to do it onto an armchair though.
    Tâmara Vaz and MaryK like this.
  9. Jean Cote Administrator

Yes armchair is fine. :) Be creative, the point is not to get your dog to jump on, but to train your dog something new with it. :)
  10. Dioritt Well-Known Member

We tried the jump through the hoop onto the chair and off through the hoop again and that was a bit too easy. No real training involved there. I'll think about what else we can do. Thanks :)
    MaryK and Jean Cote like this.
  11. jackienmutts Honored Member

Bravo!! Rakins was adorable!! He's so cute, I just love his enthusiasm!! (y):LOL::cool:
    MaryK, Jean Cote and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  12. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

Splendid Mary! Claps,Claps!
    The hoop idea was very creative!!!
    MaryK and Jean Cote like this.
  13. southerngirl Honored Member

Here's Missy's. And yes I called her a cheater joking around because she only crawled halfway through the chair.
    k9 crazed, huntyr, Anneke and 4 others like this.
  14. Dogster Honored Member

Excellent job Mary and southerngirl!!!!!!:D I love Ra Kismet's hoop jump onto the chair, and I love Misy's crawl!!!!:love:
  15. MaryK Honored Member

Thank you everyone:D We had so much fun with this challenge:D

We're working on jumping from one chair onto another through the hoop but LOL Ra Kismet at present is jumping a little too hard and sending the second chair flying. And they're darned heavy old chairs too! Any suggestions as to how to 'anchor' the chair would be appreciated. Or slow Ra Kismet down, less force in the jump, would also be appreciated. I've worked with the chairs close together, that's fine, the rot sets in when I widen the gap. He can make the jump but a bit too hard!:rolleyes:
    Dogster and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  16. MaryK Honored Member

Fabulous work Southerngirl and I too LOVE Missy's crawl, she was being creative!:LOL:(y)
    Tâmara Vaz and southerngirl like this.
  17. MaryK Honored Member

He's always like that, just loves to work and train, especially with something new which involves jumping or soccer balls:LOL:
    Dogster and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  18. southerngirl Honored Member

More like Lazy
    "Uh I don't want to crawl through the whole thing so I'll just do half" Missy thinks to herself
    "Whatever Cheater:rolleyes: " I say
  19. MaryK Honored Member

Thank you Tamara:D
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  20. MaryK Honored Member

:LOL::LOL:
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.